Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Eat One Truffle And We Got You !!!

Quoting from:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...you_want_macs/

The two salesman-academics ran a study which
involved giving one group of people a chocolate
truffle, and asking another group to be strong
and abstain. It appears that scoffing just one
fancy choc, according to the profs, tends to
unleash a "what the hell" syndrome. The truffle-
gobblers then feel a strong desire for more
treats - for instance ice cream, pizza, and
potato chips - while the puritanical group found
it easy to spurn any further delicious but
possibly nutritionally unwise offerings.

If that was all, frankly we wouldn't have
bothered you. But it's not.

"A second study again had people eat or resist
a chocolate truffle and asked them to indicate
how much they desired several products that are
symbols of status [for example] an Apple
computer... People who ate the truffle desired
the status products significantly more than
those who had to resist the truffle," write
Laran and Janiszewski.
Posted to rec.food.chocolate
JMF JMF is offline

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Quoting from:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...you_want_macs/
>
> The two salesman-academics ran a study which
> involved giving one group of people a chocolate
> truffle, and asking another group to be strong
> and abstain. It appears that scoffing just one
> fancy choc, according to the profs, tends to
> unleash a "what the hell" syndrome. The truffle-
> gobblers then feel a strong desire for more
> treats - for instance ice cream, pizza, and
> potato chips - while the puritanical group found
> it easy to spurn any further delicious but
> possibly nutritionally unwise offerings.
>
> If that was all, frankly we wouldn't have
> bothered you. But it's not.
>
> "A second study again had people eat or resist
> a chocolate truffle and asked them to indicate
> how much they desired several products that are
> symbols of status [for example] an Apple
> computer... People who ate the truffle desired
> the status products significantly more than
> those who had to resist the truffle," write
> Laran and Janiszewski.

Now that is amazing indeed. Could this be an evil plot hatched by Apple
itself?

Truffle oil sf[_9_] General Cooking 27 04-12-2011 08:56 AM
Eat One Truffle And We Got You !!! Mark Thorson General Cooking 5 30-12-2008 01:54 AM
Truffle Oil gio General Cooking 0 08-06-2006 08:11 PM
Truffle Oil Russia Wine 0 08-06-2006 08:10 PM
No One Knows the Truffle I've Seen..... Bill S. Wine 1 31-12-2005 09:29 PM