Posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Worst Beer You Ever Actually Finished A Can/Bottle/Glass Of Memochat

Red Stripe. Worst p*ss water ever!

"Jay Furr" > wrote in message
>I can't make up my mind between Bud Dry and Meister Brau.
>
> --
> IFIIRZZSKOPGKXEAVOBMJKKVOLF

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.drink.beer

Quiet, "Latosha Washington" > -- I'm transmitting rage.

> Red Stripe. Worst p*ss water ever!

Boo you!

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net

Play like your couch is on fire!
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.drink.beer

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:58:31 GMT, "TimV"
> wrote:

>"Jay Furr" > wrote in message
. ..
>>I can't make up my mind between Bud Dry and Meister Brau.
>>

>North American edition (non-Beer beer category)
>
> Michelob Ultra
>
>North American edition (beer category)
>
> Bud light
>
>International edition:
>
> Hoegaarden. I just don't get wheat beers.

I tried a German wheat malt that I forget the name of. It blew chunks.
I couldn't finish one.

I tried Michelob Honey Lager. I couldn't finish one of those either.

These are the only two beers that I couldn't finish one.

I have tried a lot of swills that weren't good but I could finish the
drink.

Now, I avoid all domestic mass produced beers and drink only imports
or micros.

Dale Bright®

"non compos mentis"
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Worst Beer You Ever Actually Finished A Can/Bottle/Glass OfMem...

Any ethnic beer at an ethnic restaurant (e.g., Tsing Tao at a Chinese
restaurant, Singha at a Thai restaurant, etc.). They're all skunky,
theyr're all insipid, and people just go bonkers over them (when they are in
the ethnic restaurant).

(This definitely includes Mexican.)

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Douglas W Hoyt wrote:

> Any ethnic beer at an ethnic restaurant (e.g., Tsing Tao at a Chinese
> restaurant, Singha at a Thai restaurant, etc.). They're all skunky,
> theyr're all insipid, and people just go bonkers over them (when they are in
> the ethnic restaurant).
>
> (This definitely includes Mexican.)

Um, but... a German restaurant serving rippchen & kraut, a Czech
restaurant serving pork & dumplings, or a Belgian restaurant serving
mussels & frites are also "ethnic," y'know?

And the Mexican joint I go to serves micheladas made from Negra
Modelo or Dos Equis.

"Ethnic beer" is a kinda bogus label, anyway. If you mean beer from
southeast Asia, most of 'em are ordinary international lagers, 'cause
before the Europeans showed up, they didn't really have much of a beer
culture. The pre-Columbian Amerinds drank fermented beverages made from
corn, but - call this a hunch - they probably didn't resemble the cheap
adjunct-laden American lagers that also contain corn (syrup or grits).

As far as beer goes, though, it's all "ethnic" in one way or another.
--
dgs

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"dgs" > schreef in bericht
> Douglas W Hoyt wrote:
>
>> Any ethnic beer at an ethnic restaurant (e.g., Tsing Tao at a Chinese
>> restaurant, Singha at a Thai restaurant, etc.). They're all skunky,
>> theyr're all insipid, and people just go bonkers over them (when they are
>> in the ethnic restaurant).
>>
>> (This definitely includes Mexican.)

> Um, but... a German restaurant serving rippchen & kraut, a Czech
> restaurant serving pork & dumplings, or a Belgian restaurant serving
> mussels & frites are also "ethnic," y'know?
>
> And the Mexican joint I go to serves micheladas made from Negra
> Modelo or Dos Equis.
>
> "Ethnic beer" is a kinda bogus label, anyway. If you mean beer from
> southeast Asia, most of 'em are ordinary international lagers, 'cause
> before the Europeans showed up, they didn't really have much of a beer
> culture. The pre-Columbian Amerinds drank fermented beverages made from
> corn, but - call this a hunch - they probably didn't resemble the cheap
> adjunct-laden American lagers that also contain corn (syrup or grits).
>
> As far as beer goes, though, it's all "ethnic" in one way or another.
> --
> dgs

Better even. Singha - just to take that one - is, according to M.J., an
authentic German recipe from an authentic German Braumeister who came to
Thailand. And indeed, compared to the Leo, Thai and other brands one can get
served in Thai restaurants, way better. I've had plenty of Singha that was
not skunky, and it does indeed not completely without some qualities as a
timid Bock.

Joris

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Joris Pattyn wrote:

> Better even. Singha - just to take that one - is, according to M.J., an
> authentic German recipe from an authentic German Braumeister who came to
> Thailand. And indeed, compared to the Leo, Thai and other brands one can get
> served in Thai restaurants, way better. I've had plenty of Singha that was
> not skunky, and it does indeed not completely without some qualities as a
> timid Bock.

I have an untested theory for the US that says beer culture is strongest in
areas of German, and to a lesser extent Czech, immigration. It makes some sense
in comparing Pennsylvania to Florida. I think for Southeast Asia you can
probably find a correlation of an old German colony and a modern brewery.
Tsingtao comes from the former German area of China.

Singha doesn't do much for me as a sipping beer, but I really liked it with Thai
food.

Tom W
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Douglas W Hoyt > wrote:
> Any ethnic beer at an ethnic restaurant (e.g., Tsing Tao at a Chinese
> restaurant, Singha at a Thai restaurant, etc.). They're all skunky,
> theyr're all insipid, and people just go bonkers over them (when they are in
> the ethnic restaurant).

Not at all true with Sing Ha. HTH.

> (This definitely includes Mexican.)

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

> Not at all true with Sing Ha. HTH.

Point taken. It's probably a decent beer. Whether, side by side, I would
take it order it at a Thai restaurant here in the U.S. instead of ordering
a local microbrew pilsner that is much fresher and made with crafted style
is one question. The other question is why people fawn over it when they
go to ethnic restaurants, and then never think of it, or buy it in, on
other occasions.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Follow up: Most Overpriced Beer

In article >,
Chris Mihos > wrote:

> "ML" > wrote in news:1155238220.694462.244210
> @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
> > My vote is for Newcastle Brown Ale.

> Basically, charging *anything* for things like Miller and Budweiser pretty
> much defines overpriced.

Getting hung over on any cheap american industrial bottled beer is too
high priced for me.
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.