Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
K K is offline

Default Imported Beer in New Hampshire

Hello,

I'm realtively new to the New Hampshire area and I was wondering if
anyone here knew where to buy imported beer in this state. I am
particularly looking for Leffe and/or Hoegaarden, both Belgium beers. I
know Kappy's in Massachusetts sells them, but I was hoping to find a
retailer in NH.

Thanks,
Karen

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

K > wrote:
>I'm realtively new to the New Hampshire area and I was wondering if
>anyone here knew where to buy imported beer in this state. I am
>particularly looking for Leffe and/or Hoegaarden, both Belgium beers. I
>know Kappy's in Massachusetts sells them, but I was hoping to find a
>retailer in NH.

It's been awhile since I lived in the vicinity, but
New Hampster used to have arcane laws that restricted
sales of alcoholic beverages over a certain, fairly
low strength to state liquor stores. IIRC any beer
over something like 6% abv couldn't be sold in
package stores, etc.
While beer like Hoegaarden Wit is light enough to
make it under the cap, I suspect some importers simply
fail to do business in NH if many/most of their
portfolio is impacted.

At any rate, I used the State Liquor Store conveniently
located on the tollway north of Boston when I was in the
area; they had some strong beers not available in RI where
I lived.

--
Joel Plutchak

"...illiterate Abyssinians did it for 5000 years, you can do it too."
- Guy Gregory on brewing beer
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list..._id=NH&store=Y

--
Jason Alström
Co-Founder, http://BeerAdvocate.com
"K" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm realtively new to the New Hampshire area and I was wondering if
> anyone here knew where to buy imported beer in this state. I am
> particularly looking for Leffe and/or Hoegaarden, both Belgium beers. I
> know Kappy's in Massachusetts sells them, but I was hoping to find a
> retailer in NH.
>
> Thanks,
> Karen

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

It is alleged that K claimed:

> I'm realtively new to the New Hampshire area and I was wondering if
> anyone here knew where to buy imported beer in this state. I am
> particularly looking for Leffe and/or Hoegaarden, both Belgium beers. I
> know Kappy's in Massachusetts sells them, but I was hoping to find a
> retailer in NH.

Sorry, I cannot help you directly. But my brother, who is in the
Portsmouth area, told me this weekend that he often goes to Harrington
Wine And Liquors in Chelmsford, MA, when he's looking for something
beyond "the usual suspects".

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I was getting dressed this morning, for a second, I couldn't remember
which I did first. I started thinking about it: does everybody do it
the same way? Is it a left-handed, right-handed thing?" (Mr.
Garibaldi, B5 "Babylon Squared")