Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
zek zek is offline

Default Consumers Reports

I just was reading how Miller bought Stroh's or at least now brews it.
Perhaps some other owner changes. The thing I was always curious,
Miller was voted best in one of the CR beer taste tests and Stroh's was
deemed bad sulfer tasting, and at the bottom of the list. Well
then came another test, and Stroh's was near the top, and Miller near
the bottom. I can very well understand how changes can be made at the
breweries, but how often do they change. also was curious about that
Great American Beer Festival. In reading their picks, it seems like
they pick something different every year. I remember when IC Light was
best.

gs

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

I was told that Millers, Bud, etc. can taste different in different
parts of the country because of the local water.
I would think that no matter where it was brewed that they'd clean,
filter and sterize the water in the same manner, thus producing the
same tasting beer.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article .com>, "tomkanpa" > wrote:
>I was told that Millers, Bud, etc. can taste different in different
>parts of the country because of the local water.
>I would think that no matter where it was brewed that they'd clean,
>filter and sterize the water in the same manner, thus producing the
>same tasting beer.

I'm sure they try. Stoney's used to come from the Youghiogheny River now
comes from the Allegheny, as well as Sam Adams used
to come from the Allegheny river, and Rolling Rock sure better
get their act together there in NJ.

I drink my water from the Monongahela River, oh my.

Last I heard Coors all came from Colorado?

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

tomkanpa a écrit :

>I would think that no matter where it was brewed that they'd clean,
>filter and sterize the water in the same manner, thus producing the
>same tasting beer.

"clean, filter and sterilize" ? The issue is not bacterial contamination
(since wort is then boiled...) but the mineral contents ("hardness" or
"softness") of water, which has an influence on the way bittterness
develops. But even that can be standardised easily enough, for an
industrial brewery at least.

--
Warning : you may encounter French language beyond this point.

"Un oiseau migrateur est un oiseau dont les pattes trop courtes ne lui permettent de se gratter que la moitié du dos.
(F'murrr)

Laurent Mousson, Berne, Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

If I recall, its rehydrated in 2 plants (East and South regions), plus
Golden, where its actually brewed and packaged.

"GregS" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> "tomkanpa" > wrote:
>>I was told that Millers, Bud, etc. can taste different in different
>>parts of the country because of the local water.
>>I would think that no matter where it was brewed that they'd clean,
>>filter and sterize the water in the same manner, thus producing the
>>same tasting beer.

> I'm sure they try. Stoney's used to come from the Youghiogheny River now
> comes from the Allegheny, as well as Sam Adams used
> to come from the Allegheny river, and Rolling Rock sure better
> get their act together there in NJ.
>
> I drink my water from the Monongahela River, oh my.
>
> Last I heard Coors all came from Colorado?
>
> greg

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

I've always liked Stroh's, and Miller Lite. Although I prefer REAL beers,
these are good for certain times. But they are different.

If you took a poll of all Americans, they would likely say that Bud is the
best tasting beer, which of course is poppycock!

"zek" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I just was reading how Miller bought Stroh's or at least now brews it.
> Perhaps some other owner changes. The thing I was always curious,
> Miller was voted best in one of the CR beer taste tests and Stroh's was
> deemed bad sulfer tasting, and at the bottom of the list. Well
> then came another test, and Stroh's was near the top, and Miller near
> the bottom. I can very well understand how changes can be made at the
> breweries, but how often do they change. also was curious about that
> Great American Beer Festival. In reading their picks, it seems like
> they pick something different every year. I remember when IC Light was
> best.
>

> gs

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Doesn't Coor's have a huge brewery in Memphis, TN?

"Bob S" > wrote in message
. ..
> If I recall, its rehydrated in 2 plants (East and South regions), plus
> Golden, where its actually brewed and packaged.
>

> "GregS" > wrote in message
>> In article .com>,
>> "tomkanpa" > wrote:
>>>I was told that Millers, Bud, etc. can taste different in different
>>>parts of the country because of the local water.
>>>I would think that no matter where it was brewed that they'd clean,
>>>filter and sterize the water in the same manner, thus producing the
>>>same tasting beer.

>> I'm sure they try. Stoney's used to come from the Youghiogheny River now
>> comes from the Allegheny, as well as Sam Adams used
>> to come from the Allegheny river, and Rolling Rock sure better
>> get their act together there in NJ.
>>
>> I drink my water from the Monongahela River, oh my.
>>
>> Last I heard Coors all came from Colorado?
>>
>> greg

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Dukester wrote:

> Doesn't Coor's have a huge brewery in Memphis, TN?

Not any longer, apparently (built by Schlitz, taken over by Stroh and
later bought by Coors), but if you've got a good credit line...

http://www.binswanger.com/memphisbrewery/

> "Bob S" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>If I recall, its rehydrated in 2 plants (East and South regions), plus
>>Golden, where its actually brewed and packaged.
>>

>>"GregS" > wrote in message

>>>I'm sure they try. Stoney's used to come from the Youghiogheny River now
>>>comes from the Allegheny, as well as Sam Adams used
>>>to come from the Allegheny river, and Rolling Rock sure better
>>>get their act together there in NJ.
>>>
>>>I drink my water from the Monongahela River, oh my.
>>>
>>>Last I heard Coors all came from Colorado?
>>>
>>>greg

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Neat! Wonder what it was? Or this?

http://www.coorsjobs.com/locations/m...plantinfo.html

> wrote in message ...
> Dukester wrote:
>
>> Doesn't Coor's have a huge brewery in Memphis, TN?

> Not any longer, apparently (built by Schlitz, taken over by Stroh and
> later bought by Coors), but if you've got a good credit line...
>
> http://www.binswanger.com/memphisbrewery/
>

>> "Bob S" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>
>>>If I recall, its rehydrated in 2 plants (East and South regions), plus
>>>Golden, where its actually brewed and packaged.
>>>

>>>"GregS" > wrote in message
.. .

> [...]

Still think the FDA Works for Consumers? Emma Thackery General Cooking 13 24-05-2007 03:19 AM
Consumers Report sibeer Wine 1 06-11-2006 05:43 AM
Keeping consumers in the dark [email protected] Vegan 0 13-10-2006 05:26 PM
for poultry consumers Joe Vegan 1 01-10-2005 09:06 PM
what do oz wine consumers want? Martin Field Wine 6 08-07-2005 03:19 PM