Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Becker

Default 2 more Rogues

I just bought a bottle each of the Festive Ale and Morimoto IMPY Pilsner.
Thoughts to follow shortly. ;^)

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Scott Kaczorowski

"Bill Becker" > wrote in
:

> I just bought a bottle each of the Festive Ale and Morimoto
> IMPY Pilsner. Thoughts to follow shortly. ;^)

Oh look! A beer-relevant post!

Thank you Bill!

Scott
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Becker

"Scott Kaczorowski" > wrote in message
> "Bill Becker" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I just bought a bottle each of the Festive Ale and Morimoto
>> IMPY Pilsner. Thoughts to follow shortly. ;^)

> Oh look! A beer-relevant post!
>
> Thank you Bill!
>

> Scott

Thank yee kindly, Scott and have a great holiday season!

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Becker

"Bill Becker" > wrote in message
>I just bought a bottle each of the Festive Ale and Morimoto IMPY Pilsner.
> Thoughts to follow shortly. ;^)

Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any sense.

On to the Imperial Pilsner....

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Blake S

"Bill Becker" > wrote in message

> "Bill Becker" > wrote in message
>>I just bought a bottle each of the Festive Ale and Morimoto IMPY Pilsner.
>> Thoughts to follow shortly. ;^)
>>

> Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
> probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any sense.

What did you expect from a spiced Belgium ale?

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Becker

"Blake S" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Bill Becker" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Bill Becker" > wrote in message
>>>I just bought a bottle each of the Festive Ale and Morimoto IMPY Pilsner.
>>> Thoughts to follow shortly. ;^)
>>>

>> Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
>> probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any
>> sense.
>>

> What did you expect from a spiced Belgium ale?

I was hoping for more harmony in the flavours, ala Saison Dupont. It just
tasted rough as hell to me. :^(
Oh well, the Impy Pilsner I'm sipping on is pretty darned pleasing...

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Benzel

In rec.food.drink.beer Bill Becker > wrote:

: Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
: probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any sense.
:
: On to the Imperial Pilsner....
:

I hope it's better than the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner which I found
somewhat underwhelming. I guess I've become jaded when it comes to
hoppy beers, but I didn't sense 110 IBU in that beer as I've been told
it's supposed to be.

We had a nice little tasting organized and the Sam Adams was after a
Sudwerk Doppelbock (Good, but not as good as last year) and before a
Great Divide Titan (Excellent!!!).

Talk among yourselves, I'll give you a topic:

Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner is neither Imperial nor a Pilsner.

--
Bill
AT DOT
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Becker

"Bill Benzel" > wrote in message
> In rec.food.drink.beer Bill Becker > wrote:
>
> : Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
> : probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any
> sense.
> :
> : On to the Imperial Pilsner....
> :
>
> I hope it's better than the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner which I found
> somewhat underwhelming. I guess I've become jaded when it comes to
> hoppy beers, but I didn't sense 110 IBU in that beer as I've been told
> it's supposed to be.

I haven't seen the Sam Adams Imp Pilsner around here. The Rogue is
definitely hoppy..I can taste Amarillos in there. ;^)

> We had a nice little tasting organized and the Sam Adams was after a
> Sudwerk Doppelbock (Good, but not as good as last year) and before a
> Great Divide Titan (Excellent!!!).

Loved the Titan I had a couple of months ago. And the Hercules double
IPA....to die for. Well, almost.

> Talk among yourselves, I'll give you a topic:
>
> Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner is neither Imperial nor a Pilsner.
>

> --
> Bill
> AT DOT
> reply to bbenzel adelphia net

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Benzel

In rec.food.drink.beer Bill Becker > wrote:
:
: "Bill Benzel" > wrote in message
: ...
:> In rec.food.drink.beer Bill Becker > wrote:
:>
:> : Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
:> : probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any
:> sense.
:> :
:> : On to the Imperial Pilsner....
:> :
:>
:> I hope it's better than the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner which I found
:> somewhat underwhelming. I guess I've become jaded when it comes to
:> hoppy beers, but I didn't sense 110 IBU in that beer as I've been told
:> it's supposed to be.
:
: I haven't seen the Sam Adams Imp Pilsner around here. The Rogue is
: definitely hoppy..I can taste Amarillos in there. ;^)
:

The info I have on the Rogue is that it's 100% Sterling. That makes
sense -- Sterling is a US variety of a noble hop, used as a Saaz
substitute so it sounds to me like a really hoppy Czech Pilsner.

A bottle of this is definitely on the "to try" list.

--
Bill
AT DOT
reply to bbenzel adelphia net
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Bill Becker

"Bill Benzel" > wrote in message
> In rec.food.drink.beer Bill Becker > wrote:
> :
> : "Bill Benzel" > wrote in message
> : ...
> :> In rec.food.drink.beer Bill Becker > wrote:
> :>
> :> : Well...I thought the Festive Ale was very peculiar and something I'd
> :> : probably not buy again as it just tasted "messy", if that makes any
> :> sense.
> :> :
> :> : On to the Imperial Pilsner....
> :> :
> :>
> :> I hope it's better than the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner which I found
> :> somewhat underwhelming. I guess I've become jaded when it comes to
> :> hoppy beers, but I didn't sense 110 IBU in that beer as I've been told
> :> it's supposed to be.
> :
> : I haven't seen the Sam Adams Imp Pilsner around here. The Rogue is
> : definitely hoppy..I can taste Amarillos in there. ;^)
> :
>
> The info I have on the Rogue is that it's 100% Sterling. That makes
> sense -- Sterling is a US variety of a noble hop, used as a Saaz
> substitute so it sounds to me like a really hoppy Czech Pilsner.
>
> A bottle of this is definitely on the "to try" list.
>

> --
> Bill

Sterling, eh? Thanks for the info, Bill!
Btw, I can see myself buying more of this stuff.

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
Randal

>>I hope it's better than the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner which I found
>>somewhat underwhelming. I guess I've become jaded when it comes to
>>hoppy beers, but I didn't sense 110 IBU in that beer as I've been told
>>it's supposed to be.

Then I'll shed some lupulin tears for you. I get Titan IPA all the time
(I am about 40 miles from the brewery) and while I think it is a nice
example of an IPA and a good session beer I find it definitely is what
I like to call the "Colorado Common" variety. It is well executed, but
there are just so darn many of them around! Now I thought the SA
Imperial Pils was neato just because it was different. Did you taste
the foam? It was one of the most bitter experiences I've ever had,
thank goodness the beer wasn't that bitter. It seems to me that the
hallertauer hops used don't really lend themselves to intense aromas
like the american mega-pines but the TASTE man! Sticky, thick, amazing
.... DIFFERENT! They took a subtle hop and cranked it so far up! Almost
like being able to feel a magnetic field or something.

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Brewers in 35 States To Serve Poor Richard's Ale

Brewers in 35 States Serve Poor Richard's Ale on Ben Franklin's Birthday
Tuesday January 3, 10:57 am ET

BOULDER, Colo., Jan. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Poor Richard's Ale, the beer
brewed to commemorate Benjamin Franklin's 300th birthday on January
17th, will be served at nearly 100 breweries in 35 states across the
country according to the Brewers Association.

"Craft brewers all over America have joined together to make and serve
Poor Richard's Ale for Benjamin Franklin's 300th birthday," said Ray
Daniels, Director of Craft Beer Marketing for the Brewers Association.
"The widespread unity of this effort among brewers recalls the coming
together of America's colonies to form a new nation under Franklin's
influence."

Poor Richard's Ale emulates the beers of Franklin's day by including
molasses and corn, two distinctly American ingredients. The recipe was
chosen by brewers and historians in October and then distributed so that
each brewer could make a batch in time for January. The name of the ale
comes from Franklin's well-known publication, Poor Richard's Almanack
published by Franklin in the mid-1700s.

As of January 3, 2006, 99 sites in 35 states were registered as Poor
Richard's Ale locations with additional sites expected by the end of the
year. Consumers can locate a place to enjoy Poor Richard's Ale by going
to www.poorrichardsale.com.

Further information for the media, including a complete listing of Poor
Richard's Ale retail sites can be found at www.beertown.org/pra or by
contacting Ray Daniels at or 773-769-1300.

Based in Boulder, Colo., U.S.A., the Brewers Association (BA) is a
not-for-profit trade and educational association for small, traditional
and independent craft brewers. Visit the website:
www.beertown.org to
learn more. The Brewers Association has an additional membership
division of 9,000+ homebrewers: American Homebrewers Association.

The association's activities include events and publishing: World Beer
Cup®; Great American Beer Festival®; NBWA/BREWERS Joint Legislative
Conference, Craft Brewers Conference and BrewExpo America®; National
Homebrewers Conference; National Homebrew Competition; American Beer
Month (July); Zymurgy magazine; The New Brewer magazine; and books on
beer and brewing.