FoodBanter.com

-   Beer (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/)
-   -   release date of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/72391-release-date-sierra-nevada.html)

Gerald Sylvester 19-10-2005 08:03 AM

release date of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot

Does anyone know when the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine
will be released? In particular, I'm wondering when they'll
have it available at their taproom in Chico, CA.

Gerald Sylvester

Joel 19-10-2005 02:42 PM

Gerald Sylvester > wrote:
>Does anyone know when the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine
>will be released? In particular, I'm wondering when they'll
>have it available at their taproom in Chico, CA.

Last year in early October I asked an SN brewery guy
when Bigfoot would be released. He said they don't know
that far in advance. It's usually near the end of January,
IIRC.
Heck, I just looked for any announcemnet of the annual
Celebration Ale release date and didn't find anything. That
should be soon, and should keep your whistle wet for awhile.
--
Joel Plutchak "Eat everything. Have fun." - Julia Child.
plutchak at [...]

[email protected] 19-10-2005 09:57 PM

Joel wrote:
> Heck, I just looked for any announcemnet of the annual
> Celebration Ale release date and didn't find anything. That
> should be soon, and should keep your whistle wet for awhile.

FWIW, been drinking it for a week in the Bay Area.

El Caro

dgs 19-10-2005 09:59 PM

Joel wrote:

> Heck, I just looked for any announcemnet of the annual
> Celebration Ale release date and didn't find anything. That
> should be soon, and should keep your whistle wet for awhile.

I spotted 2005 Celebration on a supermarket shelf last Sunday,
10/16/05. It's already being distributed on the Left Coast.
--
dgs

Joel 20-10-2005 02:21 PM

In article >, dgs > wrote:
>Joel wrote:
>> Heck, I just looked for any announcemnet of the annual
>> Celebration Ale release date and didn't find anything. That
>> should be soon, and should keep your whistle wet for awhile.

>I spotted 2005 Celebration on a supermarket shelf last Sunday,
>10/16/05. It's already being distributed on the Left Coast.

Dang, next thing you know we'll be drinking it on
VJ Day.

dave kelley 22-10-2005 02:27 AM

release date of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot

In article >,
ers (Joel) wrote:

> In article >, dgs > wrote:
> >Joel wrote:
> >> Heck, I just looked for any announcemnet of the annual
> >> Celebration Ale release date and didn't find anything. That
> >> should be soon, and should keep your whistle wet for awhile.

> >I spotted 2005 Celebration on a supermarket shelf last Sunday,
> >10/16/05. It's already being distributed on the Left Coast.

> Dang, next thing you know we'll be drinking it on
> VJ Day.

Here in Austin, we *did* drink on VJ day this year. In fact, we've been
able to drink it every day so far, thanks to some farsighted bar
managers.

It's looking like we'll be able to do a vertical draft of the '04 and
'05, maybe even the '03 (if anybody can remember where we stashed that
last keg).

Austin. A better beer town than you may realize.

dave

Joel 24-10-2005 03:03 PM

dave kelley > wrote:
> ers (Joel) wrote:
>Here in Austin, we *did* drink on VJ day this year. In fact, we've been
>able to drink it every day so far, thanks to some farsighted bar
>managers.

I hate you.

>Austin. A better beer town than you may realize.

Oh, I realize it's not a bad town for beer. I'm
a Texan-in-law with a UT-grad wife, and make it down
there every so often. I still miss that dive Waterloo.

dave kelley 24-10-2005 08:23 PM

ers (Joel) wrote:
> >Here in Austin, we *did* drink on VJ day this year. In fact, we've been
> >able to drink it every day so far, thanks to some farsighted bar
> >managers.

> I hate you.

Join the club. Dues are cheap.

> >Austin. A better beer town than you may realize.

> Oh, I realize it's not a bad town for beer. I'm
> a Texan-in-law with a UT-grad wife, and make it down
> there every so often. I still miss that dive Waterloo.

Me, too. And right now, I'm missing the Bitter End, which suffered a
fire a month or so back. Looks like it'll be at least Thanksgiving
before it's reopened, barring a bit of a miracle. So it'll likely be
Xmas before the brewing is back at full strength at our best brewpub.

dave