D.B. Cooper

Default Stupid RBR

I have lurked in rbr occassionaly for 7 years now. What I have noticed is a
gradual decline in quality of the posts,and the groups in general. The
Critpro, Magillagorilla and other anonymous obnoxious flame throwers have
basically taken over the group. There is very little lucid and compelling
comments left.

Brian Lafferty is left to defend his opinions against many illadvised
losers. Carl Sundquist still does a great job. Jobst Brandt long ago quit
posting. Bruce Hildensomething gave up years ago. Adam Meyerson basically
has quit posting. K.Papai's postings have lost their punch. Kunich, as
grumpy and opinionated as he was, has quit posting. On and on .... Most of
what is left is the reactions to trolls. What a waste of time.

I would like to propose a new group for those types. It would be called
rec.bicycles.kneejerktrollers

Dan

D.B. Cooper

Scuse me, wrong newsgroup.
"D.B. Cooper" > wrote in message
> I have lurked in rbr occassionaly for 7 years now. What I have noticed is

> gradual decline in quality of the posts,and the groups in general. The
> Critpro, Magillagorilla and other anonymous obnoxious flame throwers have
> basically taken over the group. There is very little lucid and compelling
> comments left.
>
> Brian Lafferty is left to defend his opinions against many illadvised
> losers. Carl Sundquist still does a great job. Jobst Brandt long ago quit
> posting. Bruce Hildensomething gave up years ago. Adam Meyerson

basically
> has quit posting. K.Papai's postings have lost their punch. Kunich, as
> grumpy and opinionated as he was, has quit posting. On and on .... Most

of
> what is left is the reactions to trolls. What a waste of time.
>
> I would like to propose a new group for those types. It would be called
> rec.bicycles.kneejerktrollers
>
> Dan

Brian Lundeen

No problem, happens all the time...

Brian

"D.B. Cooper" > wrote in message
> Scuse me, wrong newsgroup.
> "D.B. Cooper" > wrote in message
>> I have lurked in rbr occassionaly for 7 years now. What I have noticed
>> is

>> gradual decline in quality of the posts,and the groups in general. The
>> Critpro, Magillagorilla and other anonymous obnoxious flame throwers have
>> basically taken over the group. There is very little lucid and compelling
>> comments left.
>>
>> Brian Lafferty is left to defend his opinions against many illadvised
>> losers. Carl Sundquist still does a great job. Jobst Brandt long ago
>> quit
>> posting. Bruce Hildensomething gave up years ago. Adam Meyerson

> basically
>> has quit posting. K.Papai's postings have lost their punch. Kunich, as
>> grumpy and opinionated as he was, has quit posting. On and on .... Most

> of
>> what is left is the reactions to trolls. What a waste of time.
>>
>> I would like to propose a new group for those types. It would be called
>> rec.bicycles.kneejerktrollers
>>
>> Dan

IMA

"D.B. Cooper" > wrote in message
>I have lurked in rbr occassionaly for 7 years now. What I have noticed is
> gradual decline in quality of the posts,and the groups in general. The
> Critpro, Magillagorilla and other anonymous obnoxious flame throwers have
> basically taken over the group. There is very little lucid and compelling
> comments left.
>
> Brian Lafferty is left to defend his opinions against many illadvised
> losers. Carl Sundquist still does a great job. Jobst Brandt long ago quit
> posting. Bruce Hildensomething gave up years ago. Adam Meyerson
> basically
> has quit posting. K.Papai's postings have lost their punch. Kunich, as
> grumpy and opinionated as he was, has quit posting. On and on .... Most
> of
> what is left is the reactions to trolls. What a waste of time.
>
> I would like to propose a new group for those types. It would be called
> rec.bicycles.kneejerktrollers
>
> Dan

Usenet has declined quite a bit from say 7yrs ago. It seems all the
inconsiderate types have found their way to the NG's. 10+ years ago when I
started you'd never be flamed and peope were much more reasonible.

Back then there were few kids on and mostly the more mature types.

RT

IMA

>> Dan
>>

> Usenet has declined quite a bit from say 7yrs ago. It seems all the
> inconsiderate types have found their way to the NG's. 10+ years ago when
> I started you'd never be flamed and peope were much more reasonible.
>
> Back then there were few kids on and mostly the more mature types.
>
> RT

I have to say more....I'd like to choke the people that say use google.
Well it's there and I can but sometimes nothing beats info from the people
that know. Generally though I will look there first and ask opinions on a
NG.

If everyone used google we'd have no need for NG's.

Sometime venting feels good......thanks to all the great regular posters.

RT

red

Hooray!

"D.B. Cooper" > wrote in message
>I have lurked in rbr occassionaly for 7 years now. What I have noticed is
> gradual decline in quality of the posts,and the groups in general. The
> Critpro, Magillagorilla and other anonymous obnoxious flame throwers have
> basically taken over the group. There is very little lucid and compelling
> comments left.
>
> Brian Lafferty is left to defend his opinions against many illadvised
> losers. Carl Sundquist still does a great job. Jobst Brandt long ago quit
> posting. Bruce Hildensomething gave up years ago. Adam Meyerson
> basically
> has quit posting. K.Papai's postings have lost their punch. Kunich, as
> grumpy and opinionated as he was, has quit posting. On and on .... Most
> of
> what is left is the reactions to trolls. What a waste of time.
>
> I would like to propose a new group for those types. It would be called
> rec.bicycles.kneejerktrollers
>
> Dan

dgs

IMA wrote:

> [...]
>
> Usenet has declined quite a bit from say 7yrs ago. It seems all the
> inconsiderate types have found their way to the NG's. 10+ years ago when I
> started you'd never be flamed and peope were much more reasonible.

Usenet had plenty of immature ****s in 1995, including idiots posting
off-topic crap to other newsgroups. Not so different from now, really.

> Back then there were few kids on and mostly the more mature types.

Not hardly. Plenty of university newbies every fall, AOL-ers getting
accounts and showing up totally clueless, the rise of access to the
net via ISPs from home ... it was already well on its way in 1995.
--
dgs

dgs

IMA wrote:

> [...]
>
> Usenet has declined quite a bit from say 7yrs ago. It seems all the
> inconsiderate types have found their way to the NG's. 10+ years ago when I
> started you'd never be flamed and peope were much more reasonible.

Usenet had plenty of immature ****s in 1995, including idiots posting
off-topic crap to other newsgroups. Not so different from now, really.

> Back then there were few kids on and mostly the more mature types.

Not hardly. Plenty of university newbies every fall, AOL-ers getting
accounts and showing up totally clueless, the rise of access to the
net via ISPs from home ... it was already well on its way in 1995.
--
dgs

Tom Wolper

dgs wrote:
> Not hardly. Plenty of university newbies every fall, AOL-ers getting
> accounts and showing up totally clueless, the rise of access to the
> net via ISPs from home ... it was already well on its way in 1995.

Somewhat OT to the discussion, but AOL dropped Usenet access completely a couple of weeks ago.

Tom W