Mike Roebuck

Default American ales in the UK

We're gradually getting to see a few American beers over here. The
North Bar in Leeds last night had several from Sierra Nevada,
including Celebration Ale on draught (not impressive), and a few from
Brooklyn Brewery in bottles. Their chocolate stout was fantastic!

I note my local ASDA (Wal-Mart) supermarket is stocking Sierra Nevada
pale ale too.

--

Regards

Mike

mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet
dgs

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> We're gradually getting to see a few American beers over here. The
> North Bar in Leeds last night had several from Sierra Nevada,
> including Celebration Ale on draught (not impressive), and a few from
> Brooklyn Brewery in bottles. Their chocolate stout was fantastic!
>
> I note my local ASDA (Wal-Mart) supermarket is stocking Sierra Nevada
> pale ale too.

At some point, Anchor Brewing's beers - Anchor Steam, Liberty Ale,
and Anchor Porter - were also being exported to the UK in bottles.

If you want some real fun, go to the GBBF this August and head for
the Bières sans Frontières stand. Dogfish Head, Rogue, Victory, and
I can't remember what else have been featured there in past years.
--
dgs

Mike Roebuck

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:49:37 -0800, dgs > wrote:

>Mike Roebuck wrote:
>
>> We're gradually getting to see a few American beers over here. The
>> North Bar in Leeds last night had several from Sierra Nevada,
>> including Celebration Ale on draught (not impressive), and a few from
>> Brooklyn Brewery in bottles. Their chocolate stout was fantastic!
>>
>> I note my local ASDA (Wal-Mart) supermarket is stocking Sierra Nevada
>> pale ale too.

>At some point, Anchor Brewing's beers - Anchor Steam, Liberty Ale,
>and Anchor Porter - were also being exported to the UK in bottles.

Yes, they were all in the North Bar too - also an Anchor Christmas
beer, IIRC.

>If you want some real fun, go to the GBBF this August and head for
>the Bières sans Frontières stand. Dogfish Head, Rogue, Victory, and
>I can't remember what else have been featured there in past years.

That's pretty much what I do every year!

--

Regards

Mike

mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet
Gay Merrington

It seems that Pizza Hut on this side of the pond is also selling Rolling
Rock beer as well,at least the one in Bexley Heath is at least.
"Mike Roebuck" > wrote in message
> We're gradually getting to see a few American beers over here. The
> North Bar in Leeds last night had several from Sierra Nevada,
> including Celebration Ale on draught (not impressive), and a few from
> Brooklyn Brewery in bottles. Their chocolate stout was fantastic!
>
> I note my local ASDA (Wal-Mart) supermarket is stocking Sierra Nevada
> pale ale too.
>

> --
>
> Regards
>
> Mike
>
> mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet

Mike Roebuck

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:47:58 -0000, "*** Merrington"
> wrote:

>It seems that Pizza Hut on this side of the pond is also selling Rolling
>Rock beer as well,at least the one in Bexley Heath is at least.
>"Mike Roebuck" > wrote in message
.. .
>> We're gradually getting to see a few American beers over here. The
>> North Bar in Leeds last night had several from Sierra Nevada,
>> including Celebration Ale on draught (not impressive), and a few from
>> Brooklyn Brewery in bottles. Their chocolate stout was fantastic!
>>
>> I note my local ASDA (Wal-Mart) supermarket is stocking Sierra Nevada
>> pale ale too.

Rolling Rock has been on sale in this country for years, not only at
Pizza Hut!

--

Regards

Mike

mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet

Tom Wolper

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> Rolling Rock has been on sale in this country for years, not only at
> Pizza Hut!

Rolling Rock is owned by Belgium's Interbrew. It's brewed 30 miles east of me in western Pennsylvania and I remember
seeing it at the bar in the comedy club (The Comedy Store?) in Leicester Square in London in 2000.

Tom W

Drinks: Crispy ales. I'm back. General Cooking 15 06-10-2011 02:06 AM
Good For What Ales You (cringe... but that is my photo!) [email protected] Beer 0 26-04-2007 05:45 PM
Yards Ales of the Revolution??? Bruce Beer 18 08-01-2005 11:04 PM
NERAX British Ales J. Alstrom Beer 0 07-04-2004 02:49 AM
UK Ales for Cooking Alex General Cooking 15 20-01-2004 02:06 AM