GreenCard

Default hangover cures

Serendipity perhaps, there is a similar thread about this on
beeradvocate.com in relation to an article on MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6763822/

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read.php?thread=406450

Personally, I can't remember the last time I drank enough to even come
close to getting a hangover. Maybe 5 years ago or something. BUT, I
swear by the following cu

1) Drinking a glass or two of pure water before going to bed (though
drinking a glass of water here and there during the "binge" is also
preferable)

2) When you wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, have
another glass of water and perhaps your preferred headache pill

3) More water in the morning (as much as you can drink) before a hot,
steamy shower

4) Have a big, greasy breakfast with a copious amount of caffeinated
beverage (I usually went to my local "greasy spoon" diner for a
bacon-cheese&tomato omelette with hash browns and toast)

5) Get on with your day

Works every time, though I must agree with Graydon McKee regarding the
spent yeast in bottle-conditioned beers. As a Belgian beer lover and
also a homebrewer, I tend to drink beer with yeast in the bottle and I
always swirl up the sediment and pour it into the last gulp of beer
left in the glass. In his famous homebrewing book, The Complete Joy of
Homebrewing, Charlie Papazian also mentions the benefits of the yeast
(which contains the full B-complex of vitamins, among others) against
hangovers.

Rich P.

Hangover Cures - URGENT Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 0 14-10-2005 04:12 AM
Hangover Cures - URGENT zxcvbob General Cooking 0 13-10-2005 07:50 PM
Hangover Cures - URGENT aem General Cooking 0 13-10-2005 06:00 PM
hangover cures [email protected] Beer 2 05-01-2005 12:03 AM
hangover cures [email protected] General 2 31-12-2004 12:52 PM