FoodBanter.com

-   Beer (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/)
-   -   Vintage Beers (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/436947-vintage-beers.html)

[email protected] 24-05-2016 05:04 PM

Vintage Beers

Hi I've got a couple of bottles of unopened ale but don't have any clue about them is there value,1 1977 whiteness silver jubilee ale,1 1972 anniversary ale by courage, 1 royal celebration ale no 08248 by north country breweries( no date), 1 bass & Co pale ale ( no date),1 extra stout Guinness (no date), the bottles with no dates have all measurements in 9 2/3 FL oz, so must be old, would love some advice on these please.

Galis Blot 24-05-2016 05:26 PM

Vintage Beers

On 5/24/2016 9:04 AM, wrote:

> Hi I've got a couple of bottles of unopened ale but don't have any clue about them is there value,1 1977 whiteness silver jubilee ale,1 1972 anniversary ale by courage, 1 royal celebration ale no 08248 by north country breweries( no date), 1 bass & Co pale ale ( no date),1 extra stout Guinness (no date), the bottles with no dates have all measurements in 9 2/3 FL oz, so must be old, would love some advice on these please.

This newsgroup is dead.

You'd be far better off asking on a rating or trading forum.

hotshaperbelt 09-04-2018 12:46 PM

In the late 1970s, a young Southern California beer enthusiast named Bill Sysak began doing something quite novel at the time. He bought cases of beer and stashed the bottles in his basement to age like wine. Over several years, Sysak discovered that some beers could develop rich flavors — like toffee and caramel — not present in their youth. Excited by what he found, Sysak ramped up his cellaring program and made it a full-time hobby.