Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Headstrong Pale Ale from Utica

The Headstrong Pale Ale I used to get at my LCBO store was brewed
either in Montana or Wisconsin (or even Guelph, Ontario if you go back
several years). But the latest bunch the LCBO got in is in new styled
500 ml cans, and is brewed in Utica NY, apparently. I'm just
wondering if anyone else has tried the product from Utica, and what
they think of it. Personally, I was very disappointed--it was
bordering on being undrinkable, which was very surprising, given how
much I've liked it in the past. I'll try another one, of course, just
to be sure it wasn't one bad can. ;-)

--
Bruce Weaver

http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/Home
"When all else fails, RTFM."
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Weaver View Post
The Headstrong Pale Ale I used to get at my LCBO store was brewed
either in Montana or Wisconsin (or even Guelph, Ontario if you go back
several years). But the latest bunch the LCBO got in is in new styled
500 ml cans, and is brewed in Utica NY, apparently. I'm just
wondering if anyone else has tried the product from Utica, and what
they think of it. Personally, I was very disappointed--it was
bordering on being undrinkable, which was very surprising, given how
much I've liked it in the past. I'll try another one, of course, just
to be sure it wasn't one bad can. ;-)

--
Bruce Weaver

http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/Home
"When all else fails, RTFM."
I hear ya, man. I've tried the bottled version (I'm a native Milwaukeean) and was cool with it. I would try to fins the NY version; but it doesn't sound worth it.

They ruined Grain Belt for me in my neck of the woods. Used to be made in St. Paul, MN. Then it moved to Schells(usually a good brewery) in New Ulm, MN. Same recipe doesn't mean same beer.