Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Cold beer with bacon and eggs.

What beer goes best with bacon and eggs? I'm having a Sierra Nevada
Pale Ale. Mainly because that's what there was in the fridge.

With regards,
Ted
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:31:21 -0800 (PST), Ted >
wrote:

>What beer goes best with bacon and eggs? I'm having a Sierra Nevada
>Pale Ale. Mainly because that's what there was in the fridge.

That would work. I think you'd want some kind of ale. Not a stout or
porter, since that would be overwhelming.

Dav Vandenbroucke
davanden at cox dot net
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Russ Perry Jr. > wrote:
> Dav Vandenbroucke > wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:31:21 -0800 (PST), Ted > wrote:
>>> What beer goes best with bacon and eggs? I'm having a Sierra Nevada
>>> Pale Ale. Mainly because that's what there was in the fridge.

>> That would work. I think you'd want some kind of ale. Not a stout or
>> porter, since that would be overwhelming.

>I don't know; a nice roasty stout would go nice with hickory smoked
>bacon and some tabasco on the eggs maybe...

My thoughts exactly. In fact, Breakfast Stout from Founders in
Michigan would be just the thing.
--
Joel Plutchak

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any
other reason but because they are not already common." - John Locke
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article >, Ted > wrote:
>What beer goes best with bacon and eggs? I'm having a Sierra Nevada
>Pale Ale. Mainly because that's what there was in the fridge.

Any beer thats in my belly late at night.
Nothing like breakfest at 4 AM in Vegas after being up all night. !!
I never had a desire for more beer. Maybe a little hazelnut brew.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Hmm, i'm thinking a lovely citrusy american IPA -- it'll cut right
through all that grease; it's almost like having grapefruit juice with
your breakfast!

e.g., Green Flash "West-Coast IPA", or Ballast Point "Sculpin IPA"
(which quite literally tastes almost exactly like grapefruit juice!)

yum!

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed. With blood. [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Miles Bader > writes:
> Hmm, i'm thinking a lovely citrusy american IPA -- it'll cut right
> through all that grease; it's almost like having grapefruit juice with
> your breakfast!
>
> e.g., Green Flash "West-Coast IPA", or Ballast Point "Sculpin IPA"
> (which quite literally tastes almost exactly like grapefruit juice!)

Actually it's Ballast Point's "Big Eye IPA" which I was thinking of when
I wrote "tastes almost exactly like grapefruit juice" ... (stuff is a bit
freaky really).

-Miles

--
Omochiroi!
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:02:50 -0600, "Russ Perry Jr."
> wrote:

>I don't know; a nice roasty stout would go nice with hickory smoked
>bacon and some tabasco on the eggs maybe...

If you put Tabasco on eggs, I'm not going to trust your beer
recommendations either.

Dav Vandenbroucke
davanden at cox dot net
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Dav Vandenbroucke > writes:
>>I don't know; a nice roasty stout would go nice with hickory smoked
>>bacon and some tabasco on the eggs maybe...

> If you put Tabasco on eggs, I'm not going to trust your beer
> recommendations either.

Tabasco in beer, btw, is actually pretty good....

[not kidding]

-Miles

--
Hers, pron. His.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Dav Vandenbroucke > wrote:
> wrote:
>>I don't know; a nice roasty stout would go nice with hickory smoked
>>bacon and some tabasco on the eggs maybe...

>If you put Tabasco on eggs, I'm not going to trust your beer
>recommendations either.

I'm not a big fan of Tabasco, but a few splashes of a
good hot sauce or a spoonful of salsa verde goes quite
well with eggs in my book. Moreso than any beer, in fact,
breakfast stout notwithstanding.
--
Joel Plutchak

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any
other reason but because they are not already common." - John Locke
Member

I am thinking a lovely citrusy american IPA.For 20 years I have ordered the same breakfast from Denny's-never waivering. French slam,all bacon, scrambled eggs, orange juice, coffee with a side of hash browns.

Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted[_3_] View Post
What beer goes best with bacon and eggs? I'm having a Sierra Nevada
Pale Ale. Mainly because that's what there was in the fridge.

With regards,
Ted
A bit hoppy for me. In the morning; I prefer a lesser hopped lager, like DAB. I ain't afraid to put a stout on the side of the plate, though. There's a pub/restaurant in Madison, WI that has beer,eggs and (drum roll) porn flicks playing on a bunch of TVs as you devour your breakfast "Smut & Eggs." That's interesting. Good "egg beers" though.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted[_3_] View Post
What beer goes best with bacon and eggs? I'm having a Sierra Nevada
Pale Ale. Mainly because that's what there was in the fridge.

With regards,
Ted
A good English style bitter goes well but don't have it ice cold
Bathroom Design Advice