FoodBanter.com

-   Beer (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/)
-   -   hot beer with eggs (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/392597-hot-beer-eggs.html)

Kasia 02-01-2010 07:51 PM

hot beer with eggs

I'm proposing hot beer with eggs - it's good for a sore throat
Food from Poland

HOT BEER * with eggs - it's very good for a sore throat

Ingredients:
- 0.5 liters of beer, about 0,132 gal,
- 2 egg yolks,
- 3 teaspoons sugar,
- discretion can also add spices cloves and cinnamon.

* EXECUTION:
Pour beer into the pot and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally - you can add spices. In the meantime, friction yolks with sugar. When the beer is heated but it’s not boiling, remove pot from heat and add the sugar, a little beaten egg yolks while stirring gently. Transfer to a beer glass, and serve hot.

Miles Bader 03-01-2010 02:59 AM

hot beer with eggs

Kasia > writes:
> I'm proposing hot beer with eggs - it's good for a sore throat

Hm

Does the quality of the beer matter, or is the taste entirely hidden by
other ingredients?

-Miles

--
"... The revolution will be no re-run brothers; The revolution will be live."

Kasia 03-01-2010 05:28 PM

The beer is less bitter and more delicate

april rein 04-02-2011 04:53 AM

does it really work? will the beer taste good??? what will be the effects of it??

Kingsley 24-02-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasia (Post 1422282)
I'm proposing hot beer with eggs - it's good for a sore throat
Food from Poland

HOT BEER * with eggs - it's very good for a sore throat

Ingredients:
- 0.5 liters of beer, about 0,132 gal,
- 2 egg yolks,
- 3 teaspoons sugar,
- discretion can also add spices cloves and cinnamon.

* EXECUTION:
Pour beer into the pot and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally - you can add spices. In the meantime, friction yolks with sugar. When the beer is heated but it’s not boiling, remove pot from heat and add the sugar, a little beaten egg yolks while stirring gently. Transfer to a beer glass, and serve hot.

Should you use a lager, an ale or a stout? Does alcohol content matter or is it just pretty much whatever you normally drink?

I'm eager to see if this actually works, I always have beer & eggs in the fridge.