FoodBanter.com

-   Beer (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/)
-   -   Can I get US Micorbew imports in the UK? (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/38335-can-i-get-us.html)

Tim 15-10-2004 11:45 AM

Can I get US Micorbew imports in the UK?

My wife is from Oregon, in the Pacific North West, USA. They have a
huge number of microbreweries in this area (in fact Portland has more
than any other city in the world), and the beers are amazing!

I am hoping to find imported bottles in the UK for my personal
consumption (not trade). Looking for a shop in London, or mail order.

Thanks for your ideas.
Tim

Matt Wickham 15-10-2004 03:24 PM

There's not a lot over here at the moment.
Beersofeurope.com do some US stuff.
onlyfinebeer.co.uk do some but not sure what at the moment.
All that seems to come over with any frequency a
Sierra Nevada
Brooklyn (There is some Black Chocolate Stout on it's way shortly)
Rogue
Anchor
Goose Island
Sam Adams

And that's about as interesting as it get's I'm afraid!

Matt

om...

Jeff Pickthall 16-10-2004 08:27 PM

Add to that Victory Hop Devil and Golden Monkey.

Jeff Pickthall 16-10-2004 08:27 PM

Add to that Victory Hop Devil and Golden Monkey.

Matt Wickham 17-10-2004 01:59 PM

Ah yes, forgot about Victory!

Matt Wickham 17-10-2004 01:59 PM

Ah yes, forgot about Victory!

Paul Sherwin 17-10-2004 02:35 PM

On 16 Oct 2004 12:27:15 -0700, (Jeff
Pickthall) wrote:

>Add to that Victory Hop Devil and Golden Monkey.

Oddbins seem to be stocking VHD at the moment. They often have one or
two reasonably interesting US imports but their selections seem pretty
random.

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Sherwin Consulting
http://paulsherwin.co.uk

Paul Sherwin 17-10-2004 02:35 PM

Jeff Pickthall 17-10-2004 11:17 PM

Expect Sierra Nevada Celebration and Bigfoot in November.

We (I work p/t for the importer) are always on the look out for US
beers to import but the economics of it are tricky. I am liaising with
the US craft Brewers Assoc. about how we can improve cross-Atlantic
beer trade.

JP

Tim 19-10-2004 12:28 PM

That's interesting Jeff. Which stores do you import for?

Tim 19-10-2004 12:28 PM

Tim 19-10-2004 12:28 PM

Tim 19-10-2004 12:28 PM