Old 14-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Zeppo

Default St. Louis

I'll be spending the weekend in St. Louis. Any tips on brew pubs or beer
bars to visit?

TIA,
Jon

Old 14-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Frank Mancuso

Zeppo wrote:
I'll be spending the weekend in St. Louis. Any tips on brew pubs or beer
bars to visit?

TIA,
Jon

The local beers to try are Boulevard and Schafley (definitely better
than the "other" local beer!)
FM

Old 14-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Joel

Frank Mancuso wrote:
Zeppo wrote:
I'll be spending the weekend in St. Louis. Any tips on brew pubs or beer
bars to visit?

The local beers to try are Boulevard and Schafley (definitely better
than the "other" local beer!)

Well, Schlafly is certainly local; stop by their Tap Room
on the northwest fringe of the downtown area, as they brew
a bunch of beer they don't bottle. Boulevard should be
available in St. Louis but they're a Kansas City brewery.
There was a brewpub in that train station mall right
near Schlafly, but I was distinctly unimpressed when I
stopped there. If they're still there and you stop in
let us know what you think.
There's also a bar that has some good taps and bottles
near Washington U in University City... Cicero's, I think
it's called.
--
Joel Plutchak "Eat everything. Have fun." - Julia Child.
plutchak at [...]
Old 14-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Dan Iwerks

Frank Mancuso wrote in
:

Zeppo wrote:
I'll be spending the weekend in St. Louis. Any tips on brew pubs or
beer bars to visit?

TIA,
Jon

The local beers to try are Boulevard and Schafley (definitely better
than the "other" local beer!)

Schlafly has a little pub in the St. Louis airport, if you're flying in.
It's down the C Concourse where it angles off to the left. Only four
beers on tap there, but something to hit if you're killing time at the
airport. --
Dan Iwerks thinks that the beer you're drinking probably sucks.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you're a complete idiot.

Old 14-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Expletive Deleted

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, it was written:

Frank Mancuso wrote in
:

Zeppo wrote:
I'll be spending the weekend in St. Louis. Any tips on brew pubs or
beer bars to visit?

TIA,
Jon

The local beers to try are Boulevard and Schafley (definitely better
than the "other" local beer!)

Schlafly has a little pub in the St. Louis airport, if you're flying in.
It's down the C Concourse where it angles off to the left. Only four
beers on tap there, but something to hit if you're killing time at the
airport. --

The last time I was thru the St. Louis airport (last Christmas) the
Schafly pub was closed down. I was left to visit the Trailhead pub,
who's beers left much to be desired.

Old 14-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Joel

Expletive Deleted wrote:
Schlafly has a little pub in the St. Louis airport, if you're flying in.
It's down the C Concourse where it angles off to the left. Only four
beers on tap there, but something to hit if you're killing time at the
airport. --

The last time I was thru the St. Louis airport (last Christmas) the
Schafly pub was closed down. I was left to visit the Trailhead pub,
who's beers left much to be desired.

I went through Lambert on the way back from the GABF a couple
weeks back and the situation was reversed (again?)-- no Trailhead
(beers were blonde/amber/stout bland), but Schlafly.
Old 18-10-2004, 04:17 AM
zeppo

Wish I'd read this before we hit the airport as we ended up at 'Cheers' in
the D concourse. The beer, soda and food were all flat and tasteless.

We did manage to get to Schlafly's brewery this weekend and had some of
their Heff that was very good and an Amber ale that wan't half bad. I also
found a nice old tavern (via Pubcrawler) called O'Connell's in the Hill
section that had some incredible roast beef sandwiches and 'Old Peculier' in
bottles.

Loved St. Louis.

Thanks to all those that replied to my request.

Regards,
Jon