Russ Perry Jr

Tim Everding > wrote:
> Westvleteren is still available in the Chicago area.

I just found the Westvletern 8 (blue cap) at the Schaumburg Binny's.
I left 3 or 4 bottles since I was buying too much other stuff.

> Actually, except for Orval, I've seen all of the Trappists available
> for sale in town. (Maybe Orval is there too, I just haven't noticed
> it.)

It's still available at the Binny's in Schaumburg, and the Binny's
in Des Plaines I think. Actually, between those two, most (all?)
Trappist breweries are available, but not all of their beers,
darn it...
--
//*================================================= ===============++
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
Russ Perry Jr

Tim Everding > wrote:
> Westvleteren is still available in the Chicago area.

I just found the Westvletern 8 (blue cap) at the Schaumburg Binny's.
I left 3 or 4 bottles since I was buying too much other stuff.

> Actually, except for Orval, I've seen all of the Trappists available
> for sale in town. (Maybe Orval is there too, I just haven't noticed
> it.)

It's still available at the Binny's in Schaumburg, and the Binny's
in Des Plaines I think. Actually, between those two, most (all?)
Trappist breweries are available, but not all of their beers,
darn it...
--
//*================================================= ===============++
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 [NEW!] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||
++================================================ ================*//
Tim Everding

On 2004-09-16, Mike Roebuck > wrote:

> That's very interesting. I've never, ever seen Westvletere bottles
> labelled. As you write, the coloured crown tell you which beer is in
> the bottle.

Well I have a bottle of Westvleteren 12 (yellow cap) that I bought in
Chicago several months ago. It has an official looking label with the
mandatory US goverment alcohol warning on it. It also lists the states
with bottle deposits. No official Trappist triangle though.

It says "imported by D&V Int'l Palm Beach Gardens, FL" on the label.

--
Tim

Mike Roebuck

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:57:59 GMT, Tim Everding >
wrote:

>On 2004-09-16, Mike Roebuck > wrote:
>>
>> That's very interesting. I've never, ever seen Westvletere bottles
>> labelled. As you write, the coloured crown tell you which beer is in
>> the bottle.
>>

>Well I have a bottle of Westvleteren 12 (yellow cap) that I bought in
>Chicago several months ago. It has an official looking label with the
>mandatory US goverment alcohol warning on it. It also lists the states
>with bottle deposits. No official Trappist triangle though.
>
>It says "imported by D&V Int'l Palm Beach Gardens, FL" on the label.

At a guess, I would say that is a US legal requirement, then. Doesn't
happen in Europe, to the best of my knowledge.

--

Regards

Mike

mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet
Steve Jackson

"Mike Roebuck" > wrote in message

> At a guess, I would say that is a US legal requirement, then. Doesn't
> happen in Europe, to the best of my knowledge.

You're correct. The U.S. requires that alcoholic beverages have labels (caps
won't do) and that the labels include certain info. Name of brewery and
beer, of course. Exact volume. Importer. Legal/health warnings. State bottle
return values. Other info is optional, some is prohibited.

-Steve

Oh, Guess

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:54:39 +0200, "FujiGirl"
> wrote:

>[...]
>
>my first lambic gueuze i thought it was champagne. lovely aroma and
>prestigeous. been a fan since.
>sometimes i have a nice lambic or rochefort 8 as 'dessert' later in the
>evening.

In the last few days, I've had some excellent lambic experiences,
including my first taste of Cantillon St Lamvinus (superb!). A bottle
of De Cam Gueuze is now part of my beer cellar, too. And the Mort
Subite cafe in Brussels now has the excellent Mort Subite 'Caveau'
Gueuze - unexpectedly fantastic, really worthwhile. And of course,
the draught lambic at Drie Fonteinen in Beersel - three of us shared
a one-liter pitcher. Wonderful!
--
Nobody You Know

Oh, Guess