JaKe

Default Whitbread found in WA

Trader Joe's now carries 6 packs of Whitbread Pale Ale and Mackeson's
Triple X stout.

YeeehaW!

--
JaKe, Seattle
"People never understood, that the drum is a musical instrument."
Slobby Don

JaKe wrote:
> Trader Joe's now carries 6 packs of Whitbread Pale Ale and Mackeson's
> Triple X stout.

I got some of the Mackeson's today in San Diego, only $4.99/6pk. here! Same
price in Seattle?
--
Slobby Don

Slobby Don wrote:
> JaKe wrote:
>
>>Trader Joe's now carries 6 packs of Whitbread Pale Ale and Mackeson's
>>Triple X stout.

> I got some of the Mackeson's today in San Diego, only $4.99/6pk. here! Same
> price in Seattle?

Are you guys referring to the contract-brewed-in-Cincinnati stuff?
(Check the label.) It was a part of the Snyder family of beers, tho'
for some reason the brewing stayed in Cincinnati (or they continued to
use old labels or I just continued to see old stock) after Samual Adams
kicked the Snyder brands out.

Whitbread's pretty sad stuff last I had it (but then so is Bass...) but
Mackeson's is great stuff, the classic sweet stout. The one sample of
the domestic brewed stuff I had was not up to the imported version.
(Never had the domestic Whitbread.) This question comes up around here
a lot but no one's ever given a satisfactory answer as to where it's
brewed and who controlled the brand in the US now. (I forget, are these
brands even still brewed in the UK?)

martyn dawe

In the UK this is not considered quality beer

In message >, JaKe > writes

--
martyn dawe
Dave Witzel

martyn dawe > wrote on 26 Jun 2004:
> In message >, JaKe writes:
>>Trader Joe's now carries 6 packs of Whitbread Pale Ale and
>>Mackeson's Triple X stout.
>>
>>YeeehaW!

> In the UK this is not considered quality beer

Not in the US either. At least, not since the source is Cincinnati
and the recipes, however mediocre they may once have been as UK-
brewed beers, are dumbed down further.

But then, I just spent $8 to drink a Bass at Yankee Stadium. Beat
spending that much on a Beck's, I guess.

Witzel

sf found [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-04-2017 03:02 AM
found! Tracy[_2_] General Cooking 36 22-02-2010 09:16 PM
Look what I found!!! She Devil Esq. General Cooking 28 22-02-2010 01:14 PM
here are some of the best I have found Paul Sourdough 0 12-10-2007 06:36 AM
Vintage history Gentlemans Club Whitbread FA JaneyP Beer 0 02-12-2006 12:15 AM