Bill Benzel

Default Who is coming to the World Beer Cup next week?

San Diego anyone??

--
Bill

reply to sirwill1 AT same domain as above
Slobby Don

Bill Benzel wrote:
> San Diego anyone??

I'm already here and plan on going.

http://www.beertown.org/events/wbc/

I know a Bill Benzel in San Diego who plays guitar, would that be you?

Slobby Don

> I know a Bill Benzel in San Diego who plays guitar, would that be you?

If you are the Bill Benzel I know, it's fairly likely I'll see you in El
Cajon tonight.

Bill Benzel

Slobby Don ) wrote:
:
: I know a Bill Benzel in San Diego who plays guitar, would that be you?
:

There's only one. I know a Don who is the treasurer of a homebrew club.
Would that be you?

--
Bill

reply to sirwill1 AT same domain as above
Slobby Don

Bill Benzel wrote:
> Slobby Don ) wrote:
>>
>> I know a Bill Benzel in San Diego who plays guitar, would that be
>> you?
>>

> There's only one. I know a Don who is the treasurer of a homebrew
> club. Would that be you?

Meaning you are the one? No it wouldn't be me. I thought I was going to
see Bill last Saturday night, but he didn't show. He accents the last
syllable of Benzel. Do you?

Bill Benzel

Slobby Don ) wrote:
: Bill Benzel wrote:
: > Slobby Don ) wrote:
: >>
: >> I know a Bill Benzel in San Diego who plays guitar, would that be
: >> you?
: >>
: >
: > There's only one. I know a Don who is the treasurer of a homebrew
: > club. Would that be you?
:
: Meaning you are the one? No it wouldn't be me. I thought I was going to
: see Bill last Saturday night, but he didn't show. He accents the last
: syllable of Benzel. Do you?
:

That's me -- beer and acoustic guitar music. I didn't make it to El Cajon
although I thought I'd be able to -- too many things to do -- are you a
Don who plays an acoustic guitar with an abnormal shape to the soundhole?

--
Bill

reply to sirwill1 AT same domain as above
Slobby Don

Bill Benzel wrote:
> Slobby Don ) wrote:
>> Bill Benzel wrote:
>>> Slobby Don ) wrote:

> That's me -- beer and acoustic guitar music. I didn't make it to El
> Cajon although I thought I'd be able to -- too many things to do --
> are you a Don who plays an acoustic guitar with an abnormal shape to
> the soundhole?

The Philadelphia ISP threw me, so I thought you were a namesake. Yes I know
Don, the acoustic guitar player with the heartshaped soundhole. I'll be
seeing him tonight at his usual Monday-night gig. I'm a lot slobbier than
he his! I've seen you perform a few times with Jim down by the bay. I plan
to go to the Beer cup on Wednesday and will look you up.

Slobby Don

Slobby Don

Slobby Don wrote:
> I plan to go to the Beer cup on Wednesday and will look you up.

Well I did go briefly Wednesday and missed by minutes the only event I would
have appreciated--the North San Diego County brewery tour that included
Stone Brewing Co and an Oggi's. When I went in I saw three pallets of Stone
Symposium ale, brewed especially for the conference. The only activity I
saw was vendor setup for the Craft Brewers. I was told it would cost me $85
just to see their exhibits on Thursday or Friday. I couldn't see paying
that much just to give people the opportunity to sell me something so I went
and had lunch at Oggi's instead. They are a chain of local microbreweries
(mostly San Diego County and they are expanding into Phoenix) that offer
about ten varieties at a time. They also have Stone Arrogant ******* ale on
tap.

http://www.stonebrew.com

http://www.oggis.com

Bill Benzel

Slobby Don ) wrote:
: Slobby Don wrote:
[...]

Tuesday and Wednesday were actually not open to the public. It was a
closed judging session of something like 2000 beers from all over the
world. Best part was that we got a case each of randomized extra bottles
at the end of each day as a reward for volunteering to staff it. So far,
I've been very impressed by the Japanese craft brewers who are taking on
Belgian styles and producing some world class beers -- but there's a lot
to dring in the fridge right now.

I didn't go to the craft brewers conference either.

So -- will I finally catch on to who you are at Hot Java tomorrow -- I
think Kev is headlining.

--
Bill

reply to sirwill1 AT same domain as above
Slobby Don

Bill Benzel wrote:
> Best part was that we got a case each of randomized extra
> bottles at the end of each day as a reward for volunteering to staff
> it. So far, I've been very impressed by the Japanese craft brewers
> who are taking on Belgian styles and producing some world class beers
> -- but there's a lot to dring in the fridge right now.

Maybe you've been dringing too much, Bill! Wouldn't now be a great time to
host a beer party?

> So -- will I finally catch on to who you are at Hot Java tomorrow -- I
> think Kev is headlining.

I won't be able to make it Monday night. Kev knows me, but not as Slobby
Don. Just tell him I'm the big guy who recently lost his teenage daughter.