Mike

Default "10 green groups seek to whet appetites with 'Earth Dinner'"

10 green groups seek to whet appetites with 'Earth Dinner'
A coalition of 10 environmental groups is pushing "Earth Dinner,"
billed as a "new national holiday" and a touchy-feely alternative to
the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...4123-2917r.htm

Since the environmentalists don't drink beer, what's the alternative
for beer drinkers? Steak or hamburger?
Joel

Mike > wrote:
>10 green groups seek to whet appetites with 'Earth Dinner'
>A coalition of 10 environmental groups is pushing "Earth Dinner,"
>billed as a "new national holiday" and a touchy-feely alternative to
>the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
>at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...4123-2917r.htm
>
>Since the environmentalists don't drink beer, what's the alternative
>for beer drinkers? Steak or hamburger?

Environmentalists don't drink beer?! Somebody has some
strange preconceptions.
Here's why beer is the natural thing for their concept:
"Suggestions for Earth Dinner at the official Web site
include shopping lists and recipes based on 'earth, water,
air and fire...'" What's better than beer, which is made
from all four elements-- grain from the earth, water,
air to promote healthy fermentation, and fire to fire
the brew kettle.
--
Joel Plutchak "Senza la birra tutto diventa orfano."
plutchak@[...] - Italian proverb (slightly revised)
Denny Conn

Mike wrote:

> 10 green groups seek to whet appetites with 'Earth Dinner'
> A coalition of 10 environmental groups is pushing "Earth Dinner,"
> billed as a "new national holiday" and a touchy-feely alternative to
> the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
> at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...4123-2917r.htm
>
> Since the environmentalists don't drink beer, what's the alternative
> for beer drinkers? Steak or hamburger?

I'm an environmenatlist...I brew beer, I judge beer, I drink LOTS of
beer. You're wrong.

-------->Denny

--
Life begins at 60 - 1.060, that is.

Reply to denny_dot_g_dot_conn_at_ci_dot_eugene_dot_or_dot_u s
WHAT?!

(Mike) wrote in message om>...
> 10 green groups seek to whet appetites with 'Earth Dinner'
> A coalition of 10 environmental groups is pushing "Earth Dinner,"
> billed as a "new national holiday" and a touchy-feely alternative to
> the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
> at
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...4123-2917r.htm

> Since the environmentalists don't drink beer, what's the alternative
> for beer drinkers? Steak or hamburger?

PETA's probably behind this as well, so no steak or hamburger. Just
for that, BAN EARTH DINNER, SHRUB!
fr0glet

"Joel" > wrote...
> Hint #2:
> PETA is not an environmental organization.)

Some of their eco-terrorist extremist actions might even be called
anti-environmental.

fr0glet

Tom

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals