FoodBanter.com

-   Beer (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/)
-   -   ODBC Oak Barrel Stout (https://www.foodbanter.com/beer/24709-re-odbc-oak-barrel.html)

Dan Iwerks 06-04-2004 02:43 PM

ODBC Oak Barrel Stout

(Steven Gee) wrote in news:6efd8f0.0404051818.66217068
@posting.google.com:

> Finally in bottles. I found some in the local Harris Teater today.
> It tastes very much as it does at the brewpub. In fact, it is better
> than having been in the growler 24 hours.
>
> I have met so many "regular" beer drinkers that love Oak Barrel Stout.
> Pass the word on and buy 'em out.

Yeah, the bottled stuff is good, but you can definitely notice a
difference between the brewpub version and the bottled. I actually got a
growler the other day to check, and the brewpub is definitely better.

Still, having Oak Barrel handy in bottles is something great.
Dan Iwerks thinks that the beer you're drinking probably sucks.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you're a complete idiot.

Slobby Don 09-04-2004 11:58 PM

ODBC Oak Barrel Stout

Steven Gee wrote:
> Finally in bottles. I found some in the local Harris Teater today.
> It tastes very much as it does at the brewpub.

What does stout have to do with Open DataBase Connectivity?

Steven Gee 10-04-2004 02:29 AM

ODBC Oak Barrel Stout

Well, its like this ... when you have problems connecting to Oracle
drivers using Microsoft ODBC you drive to Old Dominion Brewing Company
to get some Oak Barrel Stout to relieve the frustrations. Therefore,
ODBC's Stout is better than Microsoft's not so stout ODBC.

Steve

Slobby Don 10-04-2004 05:21 AM

ODBC Oak Barrel Stout

Steven Gee wrote:
> Well, its like this ... when you have problems connecting to Oracle
> drivers using Microsoft ODBC you drive to Old Dominion Brewing Company
> to get some Oak Barrel Stout to relieve the frustrations. Therefore,
> ODBC's Stout is better than Microsoft's not so stout ODBC.

Believe it or not I had some ODBC problems in an Access MDB today at home.
I also happen to have some oak barrel IPA on hand. Not desiring further
problems with an ODBC product, I'm not disappointed that it is
MacTarnahan's instead!