Oh, Guess

Default So where CAN'T I get Chimay?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:03:43 -0800, Katherine Wolfe
> wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>>And what about Portland?

>The last time I went to the Blue Monk in Portland they had Chimay White
>on draft, and Blue and Red in bottles.

Higgins' bar, in downtown PDX, also has Chimay White on draft.
--

Nobody You Know

Lew Bryson

"sleurB kciN" > wrote in message
> Saavy consumers will opt for the superior bottled product
> White and save money in the process.

First Frane, now you...did someone accidentally set the woodwork on fire?

I assume "saavy" is Dutch for "savvy."

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

Steve Jackson

"Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
. com...

> I assume "saavy" is Dutch for "savvy."

Nah, that would be "sijvvy." Kinda like "frijtes."

-Steve

Lew Bryson

"Steve Jackson" > wrote in message
> "Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
>
> > I assume "saavy" is Dutch for "savvy."

> Nah, that would be "sijvvy." Kinda like "frijtes."

Of course, my bad.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

dgs

Lew Bryson wrote:

> "Steve Jackson" > wrote in message
>
>>"Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I assume "saavy" is Dutch for "savvy."

>>Nah, that would be "sijvvy." Kinda like "frijtes."

> Of course, my bad.

No, that's "my baad."
--
dgs

Joel Plutchak

sleurB kciN > wrote:
>>> Higgins' bar, in downtown PDX, also has Chimay White on draft.

>Very, very, very wonderful food. Get your free range
>burger rare.

Plus any place that tolerates riffraff like me and Chuck
"Higrav" Cook showing up at the bar in shorts and t-shirts
can't be half bad.
--
Joel Plutchak "Senza la birra tutto diventa orfano."
plutchak@[...] - Italian proverb (slightly revised)
Lew Bryson

"dgs" > wrote in message
> Lew Bryson wrote:

> >>Nah, that would be "sijvvy." Kinda like "frijtes."

> > Of course, my bad.

> No, that's "my baad."

Two mistakes in a row, I feel sheepish. Or at least, you sound sheepish.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

Steve Jackson

"Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
. com...

> Two mistakes in a row, I feel sheepish.

That's better than feeling sheep.

-Steve

Lew Bryson

> "Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
>
> > Two mistakes in a row, I feel sheepish.

> That's better than feeling sheep.

I got special velcro gloves for that.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

Bruce Reistle

"JustARandomMook" > wrote in message
> Bruce Reistle wrote:
>
> > This is absurd. Like I said, Houston is not a beer
> > destination, but draft Chimay is readily available.

It's
> > probably available in Dallas and Austin as well.

> Regardless of the "articles" the poster has written,
> I'm getting the sense there's a knowledge gap. Unless
> I was hallucinating in Austin this past December, both
> bottled (Rouge) and draft (Blanche) were available at
> The Gingerman.
>
> > And what about Portland? Seattle? Philly? New ****ing
> > York City?

> How's the Prima Pils these days?

The Prima is good. But the key is to get it fresh,
preferably on tap.

Denny Conn

Joel Plutchak wrote:

> Plus any place that tolerates riffraff like me and Chuck
> "Higrav" Cook showing up at the bar in shorts and t-shirts
> can't be half bad.

De rigeur (sp?) out here..you were probably overdressed.

-------->Denny

--
Life begins at 60 - 1.060, that is.

Reply to denny_dot_g_dot_conn_at_ci_dot_eugene_dot_or_dot_u s