highcastle

Default Any brewpubs in Portsmouth NH?

We'll be visiting in a few weeks and would like to
imbibe some fine handmade beer there if possible.
Thanks IA.
highcastle
Jeffrey Kaplan

Previously on rec.food.drink.beer, highcastle said:

; We'll be visiting in a few weeks and would like to
; imbibe some fine handmade beer there if possible.

There are two that I know of:

Redhook Brewery
35 Corporate Dr, Pease Intl Tradeport
Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603) 430-8600

Portsmouth Pub & Brewery
56 Market St.
Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603) 431-1115

Also, the Muddy River Smokehouse, down the street from the Portsmouth
Pub & Brewery has a decent selection of bottled and draft to go along
with the "Southern style" bbq/smokehouse restaurant.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #83.
If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have
to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks for both of
us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch with him.
highcastle

I know RedHook from Seattle. We'd go there every Sunday at
noon, grab the Sunday paper and have lunch with a few beers.
Thanks for the info. Looks like we'll have a good time.

"Jeffrey Kaplan" > wrote in message
4...
> Previously on rec.food.drink.beer, highcastle said:
>
> ; We'll be visiting in a few weeks and would like to
> ; imbibe some fine handmade beer there if possible.
>
> There are two that I know of:
>
> Redhook Brewery
> 35 Corporate Dr, Pease Intl Tradeport
> Portsmouth, NH 03801
> (603) 430-8600
>
> Portsmouth Pub & Brewery
> 56 Market St.
> Portsmouth, NH 03801
> (603) 431-1115
>
> Also, the Muddy River Smokehouse, down the street from the Portsmouth
> Pub & Brewery has a decent selection of bottled and draft to go along
> with the "Southern style" bbq/smokehouse restaurant.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
> The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol
>
> Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #83.
> If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have
> to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks for both of
> us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch with him.

Yagottawundah

http://www.pubcrawler.com is the best place to figure this kind of stuff
out. There's always the locals and the local phone book once you get there
as pubcrawler is the best there is but not 100% comprehensive.

"highcastle" > wrote in message
> We'll be visiting in a few weeks and would like to
> imbibe some fine handmade beer there if possible.
> Thanks IA.
> highcastle

highcastle

Thanks for the link to Pubcrawler!
But couldn't open the New Hampshire
link. And you're right, they're not
100% comprehensive. A diamond
in the rough, I'd say. But still a
worthy resource.

"Yagottawundah" > wrote in message
> http://www.pubcrawler.com is the best place to figure this kind of stuff
> out. There's always the locals and the local phone book once you get

there
> as pubcrawler is the best there is but not 100% comprehensive.
>
> "highcastle" > wrote in message
> > We'll be visiting in a few weeks and would like to
> > imbibe some fine handmade beer there if possible.
> > Thanks IA.
> > highcastle

Bill Benzel

highcastle ) wrote:
: Thanks for the link to Pubcrawler!
: But couldn't open the New Hampshire
: link. And you're right, they're not
: 100% comprehensive. A diamond
: in the rough, I'd say. But still a
: worthy resource.
:

Works for me -- here's the juice:

5 Establishments match your search!
Search Parameters: City: portsmouth State: NH Looking for: Breweries
Brewpubs Beer Bars
Jump To: Breweries and Brewpubs Beer Bars
Click Here to Refine Search

Breweries and Brewpubs

Portsmouth Brewery
(41 Reviews - Last: 2003/09/15)

56 Market Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 431-1115
Overall: Great Sco 74.1

Redhook Brewery
(31 Reviews - Last: 2003/08/29)

35 Corporate Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 430-8600
Overall: Great Sco 73.3

Smuttynose Brewing Company
(12 Reviews - Last: 2002/07/21)

225 Heritage Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 436-4026
Overall: Awesome! Sco 83.3

Beer Bars

Coat Of Arms
(13 Reviews - Last: 2003/01/21)

174 Fleet Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 431-0407
Overall: Great Sco 78.3

Muddy River Smokehouse
(3 Reviews - Last: 2000/07/30)

21 Congress Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 430-9099
Overall: Great Sco 76.7

Brewpubs in Oshkosh, WI??? David M. Taylor[_2_] Beer 1 25-07-2008 04:41 AM
Beer bars & brewpubs around Portsmouth, NH? Jeffrey Kaplan Beer 2 15-02-2007 01:38 AM
Boise Brewpubs? [email protected] Beer 0 21-08-2005 02:13 AM
Paulaner brewpubs? [email protected] Beer 17 25-03-2004 07:06 PM