Lew Bryson

Default Reinheitsverbot (was: Corona)

"belgobar" > wrote in message
> In general, germans are drinking what ever available and as cheap as
> possible
> In principle the germans lost the beer culture about 20 years ago when
> discount markets
> was taking over

Something to be said for that, I'm afraid. Beer is bizarrely cheap in
Germany, often under E5 for a case of 20X0.5 liter bottles. That's just
stupid, and will only lead to havoc in the end. Oh, wait, it already has:
see Interbrew now being the largest brewer in the German market.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

The Lemon King of Corona (Heads-Up) Chris Tsao General Cooking 18 03-09-2008 06:55 AM
Corona Extra To Be Presenting Sponsor Of US Open Beach Volleyball [email protected] Beer 0 29-03-2007 05:20 AM
Strange bottle of Corona beer zxcvbob General Cooking 12 11-10-2005 11:32 PM
Corona Extra Simon Beer 9 17-03-2004 12:24 PM
Corona Douglas W. Hoyt Beer 0 10-10-2003 12:51 AM