m.berger

Default Koln and Amsterdam visit report

In article >, MikeMcG
> wrote:

> If you get to go back you should spend an afternoon at *In de Wildman*
> (which I hope is still as good as it was a couple of years back?) &
> there's a ton more excellent places incl. the t'IJ brewpub.

As it happens, this week In de Wildeman
(http://www.indewildeman.nl/indexe.html) is celebrating its 13th
edition of Beer Week. (Shockingly, I missed the first 12.) The
festivities include beer dinners and special beers on tap. I've been
twice this week and so far, had an Oranjeboom bock and La Trappe
Quadrupel, both from the year 2000 and both on tap. (Yes, very tasty
indeed!)

Unfortunately, their website hasn't been updated for months, so no
mention of the festival there. Nevertheless, this is a good reason to
visit Amsterdam around the first week of October.

m.

Sinterclause Arrives in Amsterdam Andy General Cooking 5 08-12-2005 05:25 PM
Koln: any good pubs on Messe side of river? [email protected] Beer 17 12-09-2005 08:46 AM
Koln: beer festivals? [email protected] Beer 1 06-09-2005 12:22 AM
Berlin Vs Amsterdam dgs Beer 6 17-10-2004 03:00 AM
The sushi bar at Amsterdam airport? MahnToh Sushi 2 26-05-2004 11:43 PM