Banned

Location: San Diego
Default Karl Strauss

San Diego just wrapped up it's 1st annual beer week and it was a huge success! I just posted in my blog about a Karl Strauss beer dinner that we had - amazing! I'm very into craft beer and food pairings right now and this did not let me down. The greatest surprise was the dessert. Who knew that beer could be paired with a dessert!

lick-a-plate: Celebration of Beer Week (Part 1 of 2) - Karl Strauss

Jen
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On Nov 15, 10:11*pm, lick-a-plate <lick-a-plate.
> wrote:
> San Diego just wrapped up it's 1st annual beer week and it was a huge
> success! *I just posted in my blog about a Karl Strauss beer dinner
> that we had - amazing! *I'm very into craft beer and food pairings
> right now and this did not let me down. *The greatest surprise was the
> dessert. *Who knew that beer could be paired with a dessert!
>
> 'lick-a-plate: Celebration of Beer Week (Part 1 of 2) - Karl Strauss'
> (http://tinyurl.com/yjdfdxf)
>
> Jen
>
> --
> lick-a-plate

I had a Karl Strauss Big Barrel Double IPA yesterday and it was
delicious!
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Bill Becker > writes:
> I had a Karl Strauss Big Barrel Double IPA yesterday and it was
> delicious!

What's with the double-IPA fad these days anyway?! It seems like every
time someone gets a new beer in around here, it's a double-IPA....

I don't like them 'cause I _like_ the taste of a good IPA, but with a
double-IPA, can only drink half the beer for a given amount of
inebriation.

-Miles

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra. Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come. --Nietzsche
Member

The double, triple, imperials...are a sign of the times. Its just been this line that keeps pushing forward. All things do change however. Session Ales are making a comeback. Thats lower alcohol beers that you dont mind filling your pint a few times over a session. For now though, I encourage you to ride the wave while its still here.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...

-Miles

--
Abstainer, n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure. A total abstainer is one who abstains from everything but

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article >, Miles Bader > wrote:
>Ugh, I hate the recent fad for strong beers. It usually has a negative
>effect on the taste, and means you can drink _less_ delicious beer
>before (being affected / reaching your limit / passing out)...

On the other hand, think of it as a more intense pleasure.
What would you rather do, eat a whole box of Hostess Ho-de-doh's,
or a small portion of Death By Chocolate? A loaf of Wonder Bread
with mayo or one nice thick piece of fresh-baked whole-grain
bread with freshly churned butter?
--
Joel Plutchak

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any
other reason but because they are not already common." - John Locke

Hoisin Lamb with Charvin, Karl Lawrence and a bunch of other Wines Bill S. Wine 0 11-09-2011 07:10 PM
Karl Rove: 'Illegal Immigration is Good' [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-02-2007 12:20 AM
TN: Chevillon PTG, Karl Lawrence, Wrongo Dongo DaleW Wine 0 31-01-2006 02:16 PM
Karl's Rub #1 Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-06-2005 02:56 PM
Strauss cookware Graham Cooking Equipment 0 05-01-2004 12:18 AM