Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Recommendations - Vancouver BC, Anchorage AK

I've done some searches on AllAboutBeer.com and BeerMapping.com,
and it sort of looks pretty straightforward to me, but I thought
I'd ask here anyway -- any recommendations?

We're starting in Vancouver, but only there briefly; I'm thinking
I can hit Yaletown Brewing, Dix BBQ & Brewery and Steamworks in
the day we're there...

It's a cruise we're on, and we have stops in Ketchikan (is
there anything worth seeking out here?), Haines (I'll hit Haines
Brewing and the Skagway brewpub), Juneau (gonna be at Alaskan
Brewing) and Sitka (anything here either?).

Once in Anchorage, there seem to be a few choices -- but any
bars or stores not to miss in the other towns?

--
//*================================================= ===============++
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article >,
says...
> I've done some searches on AllAboutBeer.com and BeerMapping.com,
> and it sort of looks pretty straightforward to me, but I thought
> I'd ask here anyway -- any recommendations?
>
> We're starting in Vancouver, but only there briefly; I'm thinking
> I can hit Yaletown Brewing, Dix BBQ & Brewery and Steamworks in
> the day we're there...

The above mentioned brewpubs are decent (though I'm a little tired of
Yaletown), but try to get to the Alibi Room if you can:
http://www.alibi.ca/

While they are not a brewpub, they are possibly the best beer bar in
Vancouver. They always have 3 cask conditioned ales on the go, along
with a great lineup of beers on tap. It's not a tap monster like some in
the US, but they probably have 17 or so taps dedicated to a wide range
of interesting beer styles, both local and from south of the border.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

hophead > wrote:
> [...] try to get to the Alibi Room if you can:
> http://www.alibi.ca/

Thanks, I'll give that a looksie!

> While they are not a brewpub, they are possibly the best beer bar
> in Vancouver. They always have 3 cask conditioned ales on the go,
> along with a great lineup of beers on tap. It's not a tap monster
> like some in the US, but they probably have 17 or so taps
> dedicated to a wide range of interesting beer styles, both local
> and from south of the border.

Well, it's not like I'll have the time to even get close to 17
beers, but hopefully I'll find the time to try a couple!

--
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||

Vancouver eats Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 0 22-01-2013 01:29 PM
Vancouver report Cindy Fuller[_2_] General Cooking 40 04-08-2010 02:36 PM
Vancouver tea shops Lewis Perin Tea 1 28-07-2007 12:29 AM
Vancouver Patrice General Cooking 27 19-11-2004 04:46 AM
Sam Salmon's Vancouver Sushi Recommendations Sam Salmon Sushi 6 25-04-2004 07:15 AM