Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Default In search of Kölsch in Cologne

"tribune" > schreef in bericht
.. .
Kölsch, the beer of the ancient city of Cologne (Köln in German),
marries two different brewing techniques to produce an
unusual depth of flavor

I wouldn't call that two different techniques. If they had used both lager &
ale yeast.

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Joris Pattyn wrote, On 02/05/2009 11:09 AM:

> "tribune" > schreef in bericht
>> .. .
>> Kölsch, the beer of the ancient city of Cologne (Köln in German),
>> marries two different brewing techniques to produce an
>> unusual depth of flavor

> I wouldn't call that two different techniques. If they had used both lager &
> ale yeast.

Uh-oh. You're cited as an information source in the article! I guess
someone will have to take the matter up with Mr. Forelle...