Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Budweiser American Ale

Mark R > wrote:
>"Scott" > wrote:
>> Joel wrote:
>>> They already do. They have a stout called Bare Knuckle, and a
>>> porter under the Michelob label. (I've had both; they're both
>>> inoffensive/bland and thin in flavor just like the Pale Ale.)

>> No sh!t??? Never heard of either. I'll have to investigate! They must
>> not advertise it much, if AT ALL!!! I suppose they spend entirely too
>> much on advertising their main swills during the Superbowl...

>I've heard of the Michelob porter but not the stout. I wonder if they're
>regional offerings? If so, that could make them harder to find. AB started
>Zeigenbock here in TX several years back because of Shiner Bock's popularity
>and I'm not sure if it's still regional or gone national.

The Bare Knuckle I tasted a few years back the the GABF.
Otherwise, I completely ignore the "mass-market beer" section
of my local liquor and grocery stores, so I don't know what
they sell around here.
While in Austin several years back I tried the Ziegenbock.
I liked it better than Shiner Bock because it was cleaner-- it
didn't have the corn flavor of Shiner.
--
Joel Plutchak "Beer doesn't stain, if it's a light pilsner."
$LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Sheldon Miller
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"Joel" > wrote in message

> The Bare Knuckle I tasted a few years back the the GABF.
> Otherwise, I completely ignore the "mass-market beer" section
> of my local liquor and grocery stores, so I don't know what
> they sell around here.
> While in Austin several years back I tried the Ziegenbock.
> I liked it better than Shiner Bock because it was cleaner-- it
> didn't have the corn flavor of Shiner.
> --
> Joel

I was never overly impressed with Shiner either. I thought the Ziegenbock
was acceptable but if I was going to pay that much for a six-pack, I figured
I'd just come up with the few extra pennies for Saint Arnold's.

Mark R

Budweiser American Ale Joel[_1_] Beer 1 21-11-2008 07:05 PM
Budweiser American Ale Garrison Hilliard Beer 0 04-10-2008 05:16 AM
Goodbye Budweiser! Andy[_2_] General Cooking 148 17-07-2008 01:00 AM
Sources in FL - Diebels Alt, Budvar Budweiser Douglas W Hoyt Beer 0 17-10-2006 03:29 AM
Budweiser beer bottles, TOM KAN PA Beer 0 09-12-2004 09:01 PM