Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Another good New beer

Rustic ale by Capitol Brewing in Middleton Wis. Great beer (but not as good
as blonde bison). It is brewed with grain from Washington Island in Door
Cty (Wis). Good malt sweetness and light on the hop finish.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

E2out > wrote:
>Rustic ale by Capitol Brewing in Middleton Wis. Great beer (but not as good
>as blonde bison). It is brewed with grain from Washington Island in Door
>Cty (Wis). Good malt sweetness and light on the hop finish.

It's not surprising Capitol brews a good beer. What *is* surprising
is that it uses grain from Washington Island. Not only is that Island
a small place, but it doesn't have the sort of climate I associate with
amber waves of grain!

Thanks for the review. We just recently started getting Capitol
beers again in downstate Illinois after a long drought; I'll have
to keep my eyes peeled for this one.
--

Joel Plutchak "Beer doesn't stain, if it's a light pilsner."
$LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Sheldon Miller
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

And not only that but it goes for $6.49 a 6-er in some of the discount beer
stores here. You're right Capitol does brew a good one, we are blessed
here in the Midwest with likes of New Glarus, Capitol and Buffalo Brewing
Company. There are lots of others too.

"Joel" > wrote in message
> E2out > wrote:
> >Rustic ale by Capitol Brewing in Middleton Wis. Great beer (but not as

good
> >as blonde bison). It is brewed with grain from Washington Island in Door
> >Cty (Wis). Good malt sweetness and light on the hop finish.

> It's not surprising Capitol brews a good beer. What *is* surprising
> is that it uses grain from Washington Island. Not only is that Island
> a small place, but it doesn't have the sort of climate I associate with
> amber waves of grain!
>
> Thanks for the review. We just recently started getting Capitol
> beers again in downstate Illinois after a long drought; I'll have
> to keep my eyes peeled for this one.
> --
>
> Joel Plutchak "Beer doesn't stain, if it's a light

pilsner."
> $LASTNAME at VERYWARMmail.com - Sheldon Miller

Beer is Good! No! Beer is the Best! devoid[_2_] Beer 0 20-09-2007 08:42 PM
Beer is Good! devoid Beer 5 17-07-2007 04:44 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Books: BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER! (Beer Tasting, Logs, Drinking Games, etc.) Mike[_26_] Marketplace 0 07-07-2007 01:18 PM
Beer is good for you mary Beer 0 15-09-2004 07:29 PM
A good beer day is when . . . Dan Iwerks Beer 0 27-10-2003 04:02 PM