Posted to stl.general,alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Critics of the Budweiser buyout are frothing

On Jun 13, 12:42 pm, Dave U. Random <anonym...@anonymitaet-im-
inter.net> wrote:
> "Opponents want to know: How can America let Anheuser-Busch be
> sold to Belgian company InBev? But they don't have much of a leg
> to stand on..."
>
> Business Week article:http://easyurl.net/BudBuyout

How could a bunch of Germans barge into a French community and start
making German beer?
How could a Kentucky Colonel barge into China and start selling fried
chicken?
How could a bunch of immigrants barge into Europe and start smoking
tobacco in pipes and blowing smoke up the royalties ass? How could we
let Barbie be kidnapped and be cloned in a communist country?
It just ain't right. I think there's something in the Bible about
it.
Posted to stl.general,alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

On Jun 13, 2:54 pm, " >
wrote:
> On Jun 13, 12:42 pm, Dave U. Random <anonym...@anonymitaet-im-
>
> inter.net> wrote:
> > "Opponents want to know: How can America let Anheuser-Busch be
> > sold to Belgian company InBev? But they don't have much of a leg
> > to stand on..."

> > Business Week article:http://easyurl.net/BudBuyout

> How could a bunch of Germans barge into a French community and start
> making German beer?
> How could a Kentucky Colonel barge into China and start selling fried
> chicken?
> How could a bunch of immigrants barge into Europe and start smoking
> tobacco in pipes and blowing smoke up the royalties ass? How could we
> let Barbie be kidnapped and be cloned in a communist country?
> It just ain't right. I think there's something in the Bible about
> it.

----------------------
Mexicanos May Save St Louis Brewery-WALL STREET JOURNAL
via the St Louis Business Journal
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/s...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. has approached Grupo Modelo CEO Carlos
Fernandez about possibly combining A-B with the leading Mexican brewer
in an attempt to possibly block InBev's $46.3 billion takeover offer
of the top U.S. brewer, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

One strategy A-B could consider to thwart a potential takeover is
making a move to acquire the 50 percent of Grupo Modelo, maker of the
Corona brand, that it does not already own. Taking on that expense
could potentially make an acquisition of A-B too expensive for Belgian
brewer InBev, according to analysts.

The Wall Street Journal said it wasn't clear what type of transaction
was discussed between A-B and Fernandez, who serves on A-B's board of
directors. CNBC reported earlier Friday that A-B may give Grupo Modelo
"equal to up to" 19.9 percent in the brewer and cash with a total
consideration between $12.5 billion and $15 billion.