Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Guinness ques.

What is the purpose of the plastic widget that is put into the bottle?

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
CDC CDC is offline

It releases nitrogen when the bottle is opened to give it the same effect as
when it's pulled from a tap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_(beer)

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
"Time Traveler" > wrote in message
> What is the purpose of the plastic widget that is put into the bottle?

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Thanks for your answer.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On 4/9/2007 1:54 PM Time Traveler jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

> What is the purpose of the plastic widget that is put into the bottle?

JFGI.

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mact...eer/index.html
--
dgs
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

That's funny, because I have a similar Guinness question to the one
asked by-

Time Traveler wrote:
> What is the purpose of the plastic widget that is put into the bottle?

What is the purpose of the written explanation of the widget, the 800
toll free phone number and Guinness website address that is printed on
every can or bottle of Guinness Draught?

Could it be that people just don't read the label (it is printed
sideways, so you might spill you beer in your lap if you've opened it,
but there's no problem before opening or after emptying) or that they
don't trust the brewer's explanation? Altho' why you'd drink something
from a company you don't trust is beyond me.

Certainly that seems to be the case with people who claim that ALL
Guinness in the US comes from Canada (altho' the Draught kegs, bottles
and cans are clearly marked "Brewed in Ireland") OR it all comes from
Ireland (even tho' Guinness Extra Stout is, in East Coast US markets
anyway, clearly labeled "Brewed in New Brunswick, Canada").

But the bigger question-
Is it true that if you remove the widget and line it up just right with
the "33" on the Rolling Rock bottle, you get key to the universe?

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

<> But the bigger question-
> Is it true that if you remove the widget and line it up just right with
> the "33" on the Rolling Rock bottle, you get key to the universe?

Yep, absolutely. But you ought to have known better than to divulge this in
public. The Lords of Chaos will have your hide once you use the key.

HAHAHAHAHA

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Joris Pattyn wrote:
> <> But the bigger question-
>> Is it true that if you remove the widget and line it up just right with
>> the "33" on the Rolling Rock bottle, you get key to the universe?

> Yep, absolutely. But you ought to have known better than to divulge this in
> public. The Lords of Chaos will have your hide once you use the key.

Hmmm...you know, I *thought* I heard the doorbell ring when I was
napping on the couch (opened a bottle of Brooklyn Local One while I was
making beef stew, and the weather [rain] and the beer just made it the
perfect day for a mid-stew nap) but figured it must have been the Dr.
Phil Show that was on TV at the time. Glad I didn't get up to answer
the door...

Ques' on grilling salmon Bob-tx Barbecue 22 25-10-2009 04:02 PM
Guinness [email protected] Tea 2 18-03-2009 02:36 PM
Guinness Jim Wild Beer 9 07-01-2006 05:29 PM
Ques Eating in Korean Restaurant BMC Asian Cooking 11 02-11-2004 11:12 AM
Steak Grilling and Flipping Ques. Pedro Barbecue 56 13-07-2004 04:36 AM