Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Lee Lee is offline

Default Ohio Beer

Hi,
I'm looking for personal recommendations for beer bars in Cincinnati,
Cleveland and Columbus please. I've looked at several websites but the
reviews seem a little old, and may not truly reflect the beer/bar quality
today. Brewpubs I've no problem with. It's the beer bars with a good range
on tap that I'm after.

Where do the locals drink in these cities? I'll be staying in hotels
downtown, and using public transport, so bars close to bus/metro routes. No
website links please, just good honest advice for a serious British beer
drinker.

Thanks,
Lee, Derby UK.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

>.... just good honest advice for a serious British beer drinker.

British? Then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.

vince norris
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

vincent p. norris wrote:
>> .... just good honest advice for a serious British beer drinker.

> British? Then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.

Great Lakes in Cleveland is a terrific brewery. Look for craft beers in Ohio and
you won't be disappointed.

Tom W
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In Columbus there is an area near downtown called Germantown, and
there are some micros there. I would agree with Great Lakes in
Cleveland, and if you can, visit the Westside Market for some
Cleveland flavor. Cincinnati is a German town, and I went to a micro
south of the city, but you probably cannot get there on a bus. While
in Cincinnati you need to eat goetta. Also, Cincinnati is famous for
its' chili. I remember reading that Cincinnati for its size has more
excellent restaurants than San Francisco. It could have been in triple
A.

Tom

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

vincent p. norris wrote:
>> .... just good honest advice for a serious British beer drinker.

> British? Then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.
>
> vince norris

It wasn't clear to me whether that should be read as a drinker of
British beer, or a British drinker of beer. Or perhaps even a British
drinker of British beer--the OP is from the UK, after all.

And then what about "serious"? :-|

--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir

FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Books: BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER! (Beer Tasting, Logs, Drinking Games, etc.) Mike[_26_] Marketplace 0 07-07-2007 01:18 PM
Ohio beer [email protected] Beer 5 28-11-2005 01:02 AM
Ohio Buckeyes Tim Recipes 0 18-07-2005 11:03 AM
BBQ In Hamilton Ohio.... Jake Thompson Barbecue 1 06-08-2004 04:41 AM