Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Party suggestions

I have to buy a case of beer for a bunco event Friday night. Here is the
scenario. When I get a chance to drink beer, I want it to be good beer. I
have about 5 bottles left from a case of Troegs sampler. The other people
in this bunco league usually drink IC or Coors Light. We won't go thru a
case of beer. What can I buy that will satisfy them and ,in that I'll have
the extra's.? Buy the way, I live in PA and have to purchase a case.

Barb

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article <MHYoh.4040$312.566@trndny02>, "Barb" > wrote:
>I have to buy a case of beer for a bunco event Friday night. Here is the
>scenario. When I get a chance to drink beer, I want it to be good beer. I
>have about 5 bottles left from a case of Troegs sampler. The other people
>in this bunco league usually drink IC or Coors Light. We won't go thru a
>case of beer. What can I buy that will satisfy them and ,in that I'll have
>the extra's.? Buy the way, I live in PA and have to purchase a case.

I guess you will be the one to decide what you like most. i would make them
drink my Genesee or Old Milwaukee. Some hat CL and some hate IC.
How about ICL.

greg
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Barb wrote:
> I have to buy a case of beer for a bunco event Friday night. Here is the
> scenario. When I get a chance to drink beer, I want it to be good beer. I
> have about 5 bottles left from a case of Troegs sampler. The other people
> in this bunco league usually drink IC or Coors Light. We won't go thru a
> case of beer. What can I buy that will satisfy them and ,in that I'll have
> the extra's.? Buy the way, I live in PA and have to purchase a case.

I'd get Penn Gold if it's available. It's Penn Brewery's helles style beer and
it's lighter than Penn Pilsener. It's still a good beer. A second (and lesser)
choice is Yuengling lager. People who shy away from good beer will drink
Yuengling. The question is how you feel about finishing off the case.

Tom W
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"Tom Wolper" > wrote in message
> Barb wrote:
>> I have to buy a case of beer for a bunco event Friday night. Here is the
>> scenario. When I get a chance to drink beer, I want it to be good beer.
>> I have about 5 bottles left from a case of Troegs sampler. The other
>> people in this bunco league usually drink IC or Coors Light. We won't go
>> thru a case of beer. What can I buy that will satisfy them and ,in that
>> I'll have the extra's.? Buy the way, I live in PA and have to purchase a
>> case.

> I'd get Penn Gold if it's available. It's Penn Brewery's helles style beer
> and it's lighter than Penn Pilsener. It's still a good beer. A second (and
> lesser) choice is Yuengling lager. People who shy away from good beer will
> drink Yuengling. The question is how you feel about finishing off the
> case.
>
> Tom W

Thanks Tom, that is a good idea. I work on the Northside, not far away from
the brewery. I could buy the case there. I wonder if there is a price
difference. I will find out!

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

wrote:

> I have to buy a case of beer for a bunco event Friday night. Here is the
> scenario. When I get a chance to drink beer, I want it to be good beer. I
> have about 5 bottles left from a case of Troegs sampler. The other people
> in this bunco league usually drink IC or Coors Light. We won't go thru a
> case of beer. What can I buy that will satisfy them and ,in that I'll have
> the extra's.? Buy the way, I live in PA and have to purchase a case.
>
> Barb

When I go cheap I buy Honey Brown. Down here in MD its 12.00 for 12.

--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

In article

,
Little Green Eyed Dragon >
wrote:

> In article <MHYoh.4040$312.566@trndny02>, "Barb" >
> wrote:
>
> > I have to buy a case of beer for a bunco event Friday night. Here is the
> > scenario. When I get a chance to drink beer, I want it to be good beer. I
> > have about 5 bottles left from a case of Troegs sampler. The other people
> > in this bunco league usually drink IC or Coors Light. We won't go thru a
> > case of beer. What can I buy that will satisfy them and ,in that I'll have
> > the extra's.? Buy the way, I live in PA and have to purchase a case.
> >
> > Barb

> When I go cheap I buy Honey Brown. Down here in MD its 12.00 for 12.

I take that back, more like $10 for 12.
--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
in the middle. "Me who is part taoist and part Christian".
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Life is too short to drink bad beer. Hope you got something decent.

--Alan

Dinner party suggestions? Laura[_3_] General Cooking 3 05-09-2009 12:17 AM
Party Menu Suggestions part 2 cjra General Cooking 3 15-07-2009 06:44 PM
Party suggestions Bilz Barbecue 3 26-06-2007 11:45 PM
Suggestions wanted for party foods???? Spoons Baking 2 19-12-2004 10:14 PM
Can you give me some suggestions for my party??????? SPOONS General Cooking 26 31-07-2004 10:38 PM