Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Men's Journal Magazine

Steven Raichlen's grill roundup is in the August issue of Men's Journal
Magazine.

They also have this online he

http://www.mensjournal.com/toolsToys/0608/grills.html

4 grills and one smoker listed in the review.

Cheers.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In alt.food.barbecue, OU812 > wrote:
> Steven Raichlen's grill roundup is in the August issue of Men's Journal
> Magazine.

> They also have this online he

> http://www.mensjournal.com/toolsToys/0608/grills.html

> 4 grills and one smoker listed in the review.

Amazing to me that the reviews did not display total lack of
understanding.

Anybody ever use one of the DBS smokers? It looks interesting.

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

EskWIRED wrote
:: In alt.food.barbecue, OU812 > wrote:
::: Steven Raichlen's grill roundup is in the August issue of Men's
Journal
::: Magazine.
::
::: They also have this online he
::
::: http://www.mensjournal.com/toolsToys/0608/grills.html
::
::: 4 grills and one smoker listed in the review.
::
:: Amazing to me that the reviews did not display total lack of
:: understanding.
::
:: Anybody ever use one of the DBS smokers? It looks interesting.
::

IIRC, Buzz has one and is happy with it.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
> In alt.food.barbecue, OU812 > wrote:
> Anybody ever use one of the DBS smokers? It looks interesting.
>
> --

The BDS is quite a tool in its simplicity--steel drum with some vents and a
couple of racks but consistently turns out good grub! Bought mine after
Danny G sung its praises! Today will throw a rack of spares on later for
supper--maybe take 3 hrs or so for crispy tenderness with that great fat in
the fire taste!!

Buzz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Anybody ever use one of the DBS smokers? It looks interesting.

I use one. The temp control and flavor it gives is outstanding.

D.B.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> How's the air adjusted? And what's this charcoal ring thing? I couldn't quite
> figure it out from their website.
>
> --
> A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
> --Edward R. Murrow

There are multiple holes in the bottom of the smoker that has removable
plugs for air control. The ring is a metal grate just like the WSM only
on a larger scale.

D.B.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"2fatbbq" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> In alt.food.barbecue, OU812 > wrote:
>> Anybody ever use one of the DBS smokers? It looks interesting.
>>
>> --

> The BDS is quite a tool in its simplicity--steel drum with some vents and
> a couple of racks but consistently turns out good grub! Bought mine after
> Danny G sung its praises! Today will throw a rack of spares on later for
> supper--maybe take 3 hrs or so for crispy tenderness with that great fat
> in the fire taste!!
>
> Buzz

If it weren't for your sayso, Buzz, I'd have laughed this thing into beer
can chicken state. They're not shy about the price, but then again, the per
unit cost is probably $75 in materials/labor and $150 for product liability
:P

Jack

As Seen in The Ladies Home Journal kimsyet Barbecue 0 08-02-2011 10:19 PM
As Seen in The Ladies Home Journal! alicenettle Recipes 1 02-02-2011 12:16 PM
Wine Journal Template Wine For Newbies Wine 2 15-01-2008 07:17 PM
Wine Journal Adam Wine 1 05-10-2005 01:14 PM
Journal of Food Law & Policy [email protected] General Cooking 0 21-03-2005 03:20 PM