Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Traeger wood pellets / alternative pellets

Where are those of you that have a Traeger pellet smoker getting your
pellets? I imagine it depends on your location. I live in
Kansas.....anyone know of stores that sell alternative pellets that may
be a little less expensive. I know that getting the pellets online is
expensive and the Traeger dealer in town is not cheap. Any info would
be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2006 18:05:52 -0700, Decca wrote:
>
>> Where are those of you that have a Traeger pellet smoker getting your
>> pellets? I imagine it depends on your location. I live in
>> Kansas.....anyone know of stores that sell alternative pellets that may
>> be a little less expensive. I know that getting the pellets online is
>> expensive and the Traeger dealer in town is not cheap. Any info would
>> be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

> I've never seen what Treager pellets look like like, but I've used
> these before (for small smoking jobs). They're pellets - or
> rabbit turds.
>
> http://www.bbqrsdelight.com/

$16.99 for 20lbs is the same as Traeger charges. Best thing to do is ask
the local dealer for a volume discount. I bought 10 bags from a local
guy for $20 per 40lb bag. They've lasted me about 3-yrs.

--
Stan

Pellets for Traegers yelnoc Barbecue 44 24-07-2009 12:06 AM
Smoke pellets saul m david Barbecue 9 12-02-2008 04:29 PM
Pellets Herman Munster Barbecue 3 17-03-2005 01:37 AM
Traeger Wood Pellet Grill steve376 Barbecue 10 23-12-2004 12:13 PM
Experience w/Traeger/wood pellets Richard Witt Barbecue 8 29-01-2004 08:27 PM