Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What In The Heck Did I Buy, and How Do I Grill/Smoke/Cook It?

I bought some thin cut "Beef Round Sirloin Tip Steaks" at Giant Eagle
the other day. I've looked through some old posts here, but didn't find
that exact term. Exactly what do I have here, and what is the best way
to grill or cook it. I thought of marinating it, and grilling it to
medium-rare, and slicing it thin to make fajitas. Would it be too tough
for this?

Thanks,

JimnGin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JimnGin wrote:

> I bought some thin cut "Beef Round Sirloin Tip Steaks" at Giant Eagle
> the other day. I've looked through some old posts here, but didn't find
> that exact term. Exactly what do I have here, and what is the best way
> to grill or cook it. I thought of marinating it, and grilling it to
> medium-rare, and slicing it thin to make fajitas. Would it be too tough
> for this?

Tip is actually pretty good, though I normally prefer
roasts over steaks. It shouldn't be tough if you don't
overcook it.

You've got the right idea for cooking it. Medium rare
at most, about 135 F internal.

--
Reg