FoodBanter.com

-   -   TFM®, you been ripped off! (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/90224-tfm-you-been-ripped.html)

BOB[_1_] 01-05-2006 05:29 AM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

http://www.porkchopbbq.com/bigburger1.html

BOB
--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

porkchopbbq[_1_] 02-05-2006 02:11 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

please, sir. i was "inspired" by others... "TFM®" may have been the
source; not entirely sure of the pic source.

if "TFM®" is my muse, many thanks! it was a lot of fun and i plan on
doing it again! after my first run, i feel like i know enough to try
again, and pull off a more "scale" appearance!

kilikini[_2_] 02-05-2006 03:52 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

"porkchopbbq" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
> please, sir. i was "inspired" by others... "TFM®" may have been the
> source; not entirely sure of the pic source.
>
> if "TFM®" is my muse, many thanks! it was a lot of fun and i plan on
> doing it again! after my first run, i feel like i know enough to try
> again, and pull off a more "scale" appearance!

My husband, TFM®, put together a huge burger a couple of years ago. My
hubby can EAT and it still took him 3 days to eat this thing. We've been
talking about doing it again, but we've just never gotten around to it. I
think his had a pound of cheese, 3 or 4 pounds of ground beef (pre-cooked
scale, of course), a pound of bacon, 8 ounces of sauteed mushrooms, I don't
know how many tomatoes, lettuce, onion, all on a complete sourdough round.

Downright grotesque. LOL.

kili

porkchopbbq[_1_] 02-05-2006 05:56 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

sounds tasty. what really got me going was a series of photos. the burger
in question was really a group effort. looked like a bunch of guys
sitting down to a football game. that's when it hit me what a cool "party
favor" that would be. so i gave it a shot. not terribly innovative, but
fun.

JohnO 02-05-2006 06:23 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

> Downright grotesque. LOL.

Whatcha talkin' about? It was a thing of beauty...a lock for the AFB
hall of fame.

-John O
-lacking a real news service :-(

TFM®[_3_] 02-05-2006 10:07 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

BOB wrote:
> http://www.porkchopbbq.com/bigburger1.html
>
> BOB

But my Big-Ass Burger was a work of art.

That's just gluttony.

--
TFM®

TFM®[_3_] 02-05-2006 10:09 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

porkchopbbq wrote:
> sounds tasty. what really got me going was a series of photos. the burger
> in question was really a group effort. looked like a bunch of guys
> sitting down to a football game. that's when it hit me what a cool "party
> favor" that would be. so i gave it a shot. not terribly innovative, but
> fun.

Don't forget the fact that it was fun too.

Gimme a link where I can post pics easily and freely and I'll gladly
show you mine. <G>

--
TFM®

BOB[_1_] 02-05-2006 10:54 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

porkchopbbq wrote:
:: please, sir. i was "inspired" by others... "TFM®" may have been
the
:: source; not entirely sure of the pic source.
::
:: if "TFM®" is my muse, many thanks! it was a lot of fun and i plan
on
:: doing it again! after my first run, i feel like i know enough to
try
:: again, and pull off a more "scale" appearance!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (or something like that).
;-)

They were both things of beauty. Welcome to alt.food.barbecue.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

BOB[_1_] 02-05-2006 10:56 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

porkchopbbq wrote:
:: sounds tasty. what really got me going was a series of photos.
the burger
:: in question was really a group effort. looked like a bunch of guys
:: sitting down to a football game. that's when it hit me what a cool
"party
:: favor" that would be. so i gave it a shot. not terribly
innovative, but
:: fun.

TFM® ate the whole thing. Not in one sitting, or (IIRC) not even in
one day.

I think that they were both more for fun than anything!
;-)

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Harry Demidavicius 03-05-2006 05:15 AM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

On Tue, 02 May 2006 14:52:54 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>"porkchopbbq" > wrote in message
alkaboutcooking.com...
>> please, sir. i was "inspired" by others... "TFM®" may have been the
>> source; not entirely sure of the pic source.
>>
>> if "TFM®" is my muse, many thanks! it was a lot of fun and i plan on
>> doing it again! after my first run, i feel like i know enough to try
>> again, and pull off a more "scale" appearance!
>>

>My husband, TFM®, put together a huge burger a couple of years ago. My
>hubby can EAT and it still took him 3 days to eat this thing. We've been
>talking about doing it again, but we've just never gotten around to it. I
>think his had a pound of cheese, 3 or 4 pounds of ground beef (pre-cooked
>scale, of course), a pound of bacon, 8 ounces of sauteed mushrooms, I don't
>know how many tomatoes, lettuce, onion, all on a complete sourdough round.
>
>Downright grotesque. LOL.
>
>kili

It was worse than that! I saw the picture . . .

Harry

porkchopbbq[_1_] 03-05-2006 02:29 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

how about photobucket?
http://www.photobucket.com/
or you could e them to me; i could post them as a "homage"...

TFM®[_3_] 03-05-2006 06:28 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

porkchopbbq wrote:
> how about photobucket?
> http://www.photobucket.com/
> or you could e them to me; i could post them as a "homage"...

Here ya go.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h280/notpitnalla/

--
TFM®

porkchopbbq[_1_] 03-05-2006 07:41 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

very nice! petit, but nice ;^) i see you are kooking on a K, yes?

i'm going to peoria in june for a little cookoff (really a BGE sales
thingy at a Hearth & Patio), and plan on doing a 10# this time. 5# was
just not big enough.

i'll have to link to your photobucket display on my site! very cool!

TFM®[_3_] 03-05-2006 08:10 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

porkchopbbq wrote:
> very nice! petit, but nice ;^) i see you are kooking on a K, yes?

No sir, that's a WSM sans water pan.

Petit?!? It took me 2 or 3 days to eat it. On the third day it really
needed a new bun. :-(

--
TFM®

[email protected] 04-05-2006 03:22 AM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

TFM® > wrote:
> porkchopbbq wrote:
> > how about photobucket?
> > http://www.photobucket.com/
> > or you could e them to me; i could post them as a "homage"...
> >

> Here ya go.
>
> http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h280/notpitnalla/

Nice series. Yer a hoot, TFM! ;-)

porkchopbbq[_1_] 04-05-2006 02:09 PM

TFM®, you been ripped off!

wsm? oh, wow. i thot i saw a hinge on the back of the dome. actually,
after examining your pics (more than once!) i noticed in couldn't have
been a kamado, cause the walls were thinner.

i'd considered a WSM, more especially after the problems i had with Kamado
Co. if i ever get around to competing for real, i'll probably pick up a
few and actually force myself to learn how to manage a fire :o)