Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Default Want favorite fajita recipes

I scored a couple pounds of skirt steak the other day and would like avoid
a lot of the experimenting with a dish that I know little about. Some of you
have a lot of experience with fajitas and hopefully you'll share your
favorite
ideas. I'm looking for the good stuff. I could print out a book of fajita
recipies
from various internet sources, but I'd not have a personal endorsement for
any of them.

Precise recipes are nice, but not necessary. A simple list of ingredients
with tips about the marinade and various methods of cooking. Most cooking
methods are available to me.

--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

TFM® wrote:
::
:: #2 - (see attached)

You Dumb Ass!
'-)

BOB

P. S. That Badia stuff *IS* pretty good!

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

> You Dumb Ass!
> '-)

Now, now, Bob. Poor TFM probably had a bit too much ETOH and mixed up the
ABF for AFB. :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
>> >[ . . . ]

>> #2 - (see attached)
>>

>So now yer posting binaries to afb, Hillbilly?

Beats some of the other crud I've seen around here.

Harry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
:: BOB wrote:
::
::: You Dumb Ass!
::: '-)
::
:: Now, now, Bob. Poor TFM probably had a bit too much ETOH and mixed
up the
:: ABF for AFB. :-)
:: --
:: Dave
:: www.davebbq.com

Heh heh. I was just using the stick a little. Remember the post
where TFM® called someone a 'dumb ass" and started WW 6?

BOB
who had not noticed (along with TFM®) that the Brick had crossposted
the original...

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 28-Apr-2006, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?TFM=AE?= > wrote:

> wrote:
> > I scored a couple pounds of skirt steak the other day and would like
> > avoid
> > a lot of the experimenting with a dish that I know little about. Some of
> > you
> > have a lot of experience with fajitas and hopefully you'll share your
> > favorite
> > ideas. I'm looking for the good stuff. I could print out a book of
> > fajita
> > recipies
> > from various internet sources, but I'd not have a personal endorsement
> > for
> > any of them.
> >
> > Precise recipes are nice, but not necessary. A simple list of
> > ingredients
> > with tips about the marinade and various methods of cooking. Most
> > cooking
> > methods are available to me.
> >

> #1 - Hot iron!
>
> It's gotta be iron and it's gotta be hot.
>

> #2 - (see attached)
>
> I've tried them all and this is the best.
>
> Cut your meat up and put a lot of this stuff on it.
>
> Turn it and re-apply.
>
> Leave it sit on the counter for an hour or so.
>

> #3 - Bell peppers and onions
>
> Cut them to whatever size you like.
>

> #4 Oil on the hot iron surface
>
> This will need to be added to at some point during the cooking, so have
> some hot oil ready to pour in.
>

> I get the iron so hot you can't stand to be around it and start searing
> the meat.
>
> When it's about half done I toss on all the peppers and onions. Put
> some more of that righteous fajita seaoning on as well.
>
> Use discretion at this point, you don't want it too deep in a skillet or
> you're just steaming everything.
>

> Stir, stir, stir.
>

> Did you have somebody blistering the tortillas for you yet? If not,
> grow a third arm and do it yourself.
>

> Keep stirring.
>

> When the fajita mix is ready you should have a stack of 10-15 tortillas
> ready. (see 'third arm' above)
>

> Keep the tortillas warm by whatever means neccesary and serve it up.
>

> Yep, that's the way I do it,
> TFM®

That's a rightious description TFM®. Thanks.

--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

> Heh heh. I was just using the stick a little.

I kinda figgred :-) I know Alan ain't the only one who's mixed up the two
accidently (mea culpa).

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
.. .

> On 28-Apr-2006, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?TFM=AE?= > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>> > I scored a couple pounds of skirt steak the other day and would like
>> > avoid
>> > a lot of the experimenting with a dish that I know little about. Some
>> > of
>> > you
>> > have a lot of experience with fajitas and hopefully you'll share your
>> > favorite
>> > ideas. I'm looking for the good stuff. I could print out a book of
>> > fajita
>> > recipies
>> > from various internet sources, but I'd not have a personal endorsement
>> > for
>> > any of them.
>> >
>> > Precise recipes are nice, but not necessary. A simple list of
>> > ingredients
>> > with tips about the marinade and various methods of cooking. Most
>> > cooking
>> > methods are available to me.
>> >

>> #1 - Hot iron!
>>
>> It's gotta be iron and it's gotta be hot.
>>

>> #2 - (see attached)
>>
>> I've tried them all and this is the best.
>>
>> Cut your meat up and put a lot of this stuff on it.
>>
>> Turn it and re-apply.
>>
>> Leave it sit on the counter for an hour or so.
>>

>> #3 - Bell peppers and onions
>>
>> Cut them to whatever size you like.
>>

>> #4 Oil on the hot iron surface
>>
>> This will need to be added to at some point during the cooking, so have
>> some hot oil ready to pour in.
>>

>> I get the iron so hot you can't stand to be around it and start searing
>> the meat.
>>
>> When it's about half done I toss on all the peppers and onions. Put
>> some more of that righteous fajita seaoning on as well.
>>
>> Use discretion at this point, you don't want it too deep in a skillet or
>> you're just steaming everything.
>>

>> Stir, stir, stir.
>>

>> Did you have somebody blistering the tortillas for you yet? If not,
>> grow a third arm and do it yourself.
>>

>> Keep stirring.
>>

>> When the fajita mix is ready you should have a stack of 10-15 tortillas
>> ready. (see 'third arm' above)
>>

>> Keep the tortillas warm by whatever means neccesary and serve it up.
>>

>> Yep, that's the way I do it,
>> TFM®

> That's a rightious description TFM®. Thanks.
>
> --
> Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)

Fajita's should ALWAYS be cooked over a mequite wood fire.....ALWAYS!

Dave in Texas

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>

>>You Dumb Ass!
>>'-)

> Now, now, Bob. Poor TFM probably had a bit too much ETOH and mixed up the
> ABF for AFB. :-)

'Twas a cross-post on Brick's behalf.

In my favor, I don't give a shit if I send pictures here or not. I
don't do it intentionally, but if I do, I really don't care. <G>

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

David and Lori Cain wrote:

> Fajita's should ALWAYS be cooked over a mequite wood fire.....ALWAYS!
>
> Dave in Texas

Only in Tejas should mesquite be used.

Quit pushing that garbage weed on the rest of us. It stinks and is
worthless. You Tejanos deserve all of it.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"
> David and Lori Cain wrote:
>

> > Fajita's should ALWAYS be cooked over a mequite wood fire.....ALWAYS!
> >
> > Dave in Texas

Bullshit...pecan.
Jack in Texas

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hello Jack,

> "
>
>> David and Lori Cain wrote:
>>
>>> Fajita's should ALWAYS be cooked over a mequite wood
>>> fire.....ALWAYS!
>>>
>>> Dave in Texas
>>>

> Bullshit...pecan.
> Jack in Texas

No, it should be mesquite.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> In my favor, I don't give a shit if I send pictures here or not. I
> don't do it intentionally, but if I do, I really don't care. <G>

Neither do I, amigo :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
:: On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:11:39 GMT, TFM® wrote:
::
::: David and Lori Cain wrote:
:::
::::
:::: Fajita's should ALWAYS be cooked over a mequite wood
fire.....ALWAYS!
:::
::: Only in Tejas should mesquite be used.
:::
::: Quit pushing that garbage weed on the rest of us. It stinks and
is
::: worthless. You Tejanos deserve all of it.
::
:: We keep advertising mesquite because we want to get rid of it.
:: Makes more room for the pecan trees (Texas's best kept-secret).
::
:: -sw

Believe me, pecan is *not* a secret. Even those of us in Hurry-Kane
Alley use it when we can get it.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
:: BOB wrote:
::
::: Heh heh. I was just using the stick a little.
::
:: I kinda figgred :-) I know Alan ain't the only one who's mixed up
the two
:: accidently (mea culpa).
::
:: --
:: Dave
:: www.davebbq.com

"Doink doink?"

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
:: On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:25:38 -0400, BOB wrote:
::
::: Steve Wertz wrote:
::
::::: We keep advertising mesquite because we want to get rid of it.
::::: Makes more room for the pecan trees (Texas's best kept-secret).
:::
::: Believe me, pecan is *not* a secret. Even those of us in
Hurry-Kane
::: Alley use it when we can get it.
::
:: See? _When_ you can get it. I bet you have no trouble finding
:: mesquite, though?
::
:: <evil grin>
::
:: -sw

Yeah. Every Wally World and Home Despot. Most Stupidmarkets, too.
Only used the stuff once. Fortunately, it was for burgers. Actually,
not terrible on the burgers, but it woulda been way too strong on
anything else.

I just came back from central Georgia last weekend, and didn't
remember to get any pecan wood. I did get shelled pecans for $2.25/#
though.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:
> Steve Wertz wrote:
> :: On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:25:38 -0400, BOB wrote:
> ::
> ::: Steve Wertz wrote:
> ::
> ::::: We keep advertising mesquite because we want to get rid of it.
> ::::: Makes more room for the pecan trees (Texas's best kept-secret).
> :::
> ::: Believe me, pecan is *not* a secret. Even those of us in
> Hurry-Kane
> ::: Alley use it when we can get it.
> ::
> :: See? _When_ you can get it. I bet you have no trouble finding
> :: mesquite, though?
> ::
> :: <evil grin>
> ::
> :: -sw
>
> Yeah. Every Wally World and Home Despot. Most Stupidmarkets, too.
> Only used the stuff once. Fortunately, it was for burgers. Actually,
> not terrible on the burgers, but it woulda been way too strong on
> anything else.
>
> I just came back from central Georgia last weekend, and didn't
> remember to get any pecan wood. I did get shelled pecans for $2.25/#
> though.
>
> BOB

Onliest times I used the stink-weed, it was underneath dead chicken parts.

Couldn't eat either batch.

It's foul, it's evil, Tejanos deserve all they have. <G>

Shag bark hickory is purty much the same as pecan wood.

Smooth bark hickory is way more pronounced in the smoke flavor department.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
:: On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:50:14 -0400, BOB wrote:
::
::: Steve Wertz wrote:
::::: On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:25:38 -0400, BOB wrote:
:::::
:::::: Steve Wertz wrote:
:::::
:::::::: We keep advertising mesquite because we want to get rid of
it.
:::::::: Makes more room for the pecan trees (Texas's best
kept-secret).
::::::
:::::: Believe me, pecan is *not* a secret. Even those of us in
Hurry-Kane
:::::: Alley use it when we can get it.
:::::
::::: See? _When_ you can get it. I bet you have no trouble finding
::::: mesquite, though?
:::::
::::: <evil grin>
:::::
::::: -sw
:::
::: Yeah. Every Wally World and Home Despot. Most Stupidmarkets,
too.
::: Only used the stuff once. Fortunately, it was for burgers.
Actually,
::: not terrible on the burgers, but it woulda been way too strong on
::: anything else.
::
:: If you let them burn down to coals, I think it works well for
:: grilling. Not for smoking except in very small doses.
::
:: -sw

I believe you, but I'm not going to try it. ;-)

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

> Brick,
> Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for making good
> fajitas.
>
> Ray
> Austin, TX
> ===

Is it a secret? Can't share with us?

My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.

I'd appreciate it.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

TFM® wrote:

> Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
>
> > Brick,
> > Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for making good
> > fajitas.
> >
> > Ray
> > Austin, TX
> > ===
> >

> Is it a secret? Can't share with us?
>
> My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.
>
> I'd appreciate it.
>
> --
> TFM®

No secret, just that I hate decoding email addresses that avoid spam and other crap.

However, here is what I do. First trim off any excess fat from the skirt steak, then
apply about 2 tablespoons of olive oil (acts as a binder for the spices). Then I
sprinkle some Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning powder on the skits, I also
sprinkle some coarse salt and freshly ground pepper on the skirts (the powder I buy
does not have salt and pepper). Wrap tightly in Glad/cling wrap and let sit for about
4 to 24 hours in the fridge. The bottle says to let sit for about 30 minutes, but I
have found that 4 to 24 hours makes them taste better. After marinating, I fire up my
trusty charcoal grill with lump coal. While the coals are really hot, I sear the
skirts - about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then finish them off on indirect heat for
about 30 to 45 minutes. Place them on a plate and let them sit/rest for about 15
minutes then cut the meat across the grain. While this is going on, I have already
cut a couple of green bell peppers into strips of about 1/2 inch wide and diced up a
couple of medium sized onions. I place the peppers and onions in a large skillet and
sauté them with olive oil, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. When the onions
have begun to become translucent, I drop in the sliced skirt steak into the skillet
with the onion and peppers and sauté the whole thing for about 3 to 4 minutes to mix
them well and get the different tastes to mingle amongst each other.

I serve them with a guacamole mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro, some cheddar cheese
and sour cream, all atop some fresh hot flour tortillas (corn for my wife). And to
top this off, I prepare a mean pitcher of margarita mix with Jose Cuervo tequila, or
some ice cold Buds, it all depends on how hot it is outside.

Enjoy,

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" > wrote in message ...

TFM® wrote:

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
> Brick,
> Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for making good
> fajitas.
>
> Ray
> Austin, TX
> ===

Is it a secret? Can't share with us?

My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.

I'd appreciate it.

--
TFM®

No secret, just that I hate decoding email addresses that avoid spam and other crap.

However, here is what I do. First trim off any excess fat from the skirt steak, then apply about 2 tablespoons of olive oil (acts as a binder for the spices). Then I sprinkle some Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning powder on the skits, I also sprinkle some coarse salt and freshly ground pepper on the skirts (the powder I buy does not have salt and pepper). Wrap tightly in Glad/cling wrap and let sit for about 4 to 24 hours in the fridge. The bottle says to let sit for about 30 minutes, but I have found that 4 to 24 hours makes them taste better. After marinating, I fire up my trusty charcoal grill with lump coal. While the coals are really hot, I sear the skirts - about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then finish them off on indirect heat for about 30 to 45 minutes. Place them on a plate and let them sit/rest for about 15 minutes then cut the meat across the grain. While this is going on, I have already cut a couple of green bell peppers into strips of about 1/2 inch wide and diced up a couple of medium sized onions. I place the peppers and onions in a large skillet and sauté them with olive oil, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. When the onions have begun to become translucent, I drop in the sliced skirt steak into the skillet with the onion and peppers and sauté the whole thing for about 3 to 4 minutes to mix them well and get the different tastes to mingle amongst each other.

I serve them with a guacamole mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro, some cheddar cheese and sour cream, all atop some fresh hot flour tortillas (corn for my wife). And to top this off, I prepare a mean pitcher of margarita mix with Jose Cuervo tequila, or some ice cold Buds, it all depends on how hot it is outside.

Enjoy,

Ray
Austin, TX
===

See, TFM? A man who likes his fajitas with guacamole, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, just like *I* do. You'd call it a taco, though, but hey, he lives in Texas!

kili <----- just happy to hear about how a Texan likes his fajitas.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" > wrote in message

> I serve them with a guacamole mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro, some
> cheddar cheese
> and sour cream, all atop some fresh hot flour tortillas (corn for my
> wife). And to
> top this off, I prepare a mean pitcher of margarita mix with Jose Cuervo
> tequila, or
> some ice cold Buds, it all depends on how hot it is outside.

that all sounds great 'till ya get to the Cuervo(or Bud)--too many better
tequilas out there even for making margaritas--imo of course

Buzz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

TFM® wrote:

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
> Brick,
> Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for making good
> fajitas.
>
> Ray
> Austin, TX
> ===

Is it a secret? Can't share with us?

My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.

I'd appreciate it.

--
TFM®

No secret, just that I hate decoding email addresses that avoid spam and other crap.

However, here is what I do. First trim off any excess fat from the skirt steak, then apply about 2 tablespoons of olive oil (acts as a binder for the spices). Then I sprinkle some Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning powder on the skits, I also sprinkle some coarse salt and freshly ground pepper on the skirts (the powder I buy does not have salt and pepper). Wrap tightly in Glad/cling wrap and let sit for about 4 to 24 hours in the fridge. The bottle says to let sit for about 30 minutes, but I have found that 4 to 24 hours makes them taste better. After marinating, I fire up my trusty charcoal grill with lump coal. While the coals are really hot, I sear the skirts - about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then finish them off on indirect heat for about 30 to 45 minutes. Place them on a plate and let them sit/rest for about 15 minutes then cut the meat across the grain. While this is going on, I have already cut a couple of green bell peppers into strips of about 1/2 inch wide and diced up a couple of medium sized onions. I place the peppers and onions in a large skillet and sauté them with olive oil, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. When the onions have begun to become translucent, I drop in the sliced skirt steak into the skillet with the onion and peppers and sauté the whole thing for about 3 to 4 minutes to mix them well and get the different tastes to mingle amongst each other.

I serve them with a guacamole mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro, some cheddar cheese and sour cream, all atop some fresh hot flour tortillas (corn for my wife). And to top this off, I prepare a mean pitcher of margarita mix with Jose Cuervo tequila, or some ice cold Buds, it all depends on how hot it is outside.

Enjoy,

Ray
Austin, TX
===
Sounds right to me...Except for the Bud...Make mine Miller and I'm there.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

TFM® wrote:

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
> Brick,
> Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for making good
> fajitas.
>
> Ray
> Austin, TX
> ===

Is it a secret? Can't share with us?

My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.

I'd appreciate it.

--
TFM®

No secret, just that I hate decoding email addresses that avoid spam and other crap.

However, here is what I do. First trim off any excess fat from the skirt steak, then apply about 2 tablespoons of olive oil (acts as a binder for the spices). Then I sprinkle some Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning powder on the skits, I also sprinkle some coarse salt and freshly ground pepper on the skirts (the powder I buy does not have salt and pepper). Wrap tightly in Glad/cling wrap and let sit for about 4 to 24 hours in the fridge. The bottle says to let sit for about 30 minutes, but I have found that 4 to 24 hours makes them taste better. After marinating, I fire up my trusty charcoal grill with lump coal. While the coals are really hot, I sear the skirts - about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then finish them off on indirect heat for about 30 to 45 minutes. Place them on a plate and let them sit/rest for about 15 minutes then cut the meat across the grain. While this is going on, I have already cut a couple of green bell peppers into strips of about 1/2 inch wide and diced up a couple of medium sized onions. I place the peppers and onions in a large skillet and sauté them with olive oil, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. When the onions have begun to become translucent, I drop in the sliced skirt steak into the skillet with the onion and peppers and sauté the whole thing for about 3 to 4 minutes to mix them well and get the different tastes to mingle amongst each other.

I serve them with a guacamole mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro, some cheddar cheese and sour cream, all atop some fresh hot flour tortillas (corn for my wife). And to top this off, I prepare a mean pitcher of margarita mix with Jose Cuervo tequila, or some ice cold Buds, it all depends on how hot it is outside.

Enjoy,

Ray
Austin, TX
===
Sounds right to me...Except for the Bud...Make mine Miller and I'm there.

Jack

Wait a minute...I missed the part about sour cream...That ain't Mescan food.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jack Sloan wrote:
> "
>> David and Lori Cain wrote:
>>

>>> Fajita's should ALWAYS be cooked over a mequite wood
>>> fire.....ALWAYS!
>>>
>>> Dave in Texas

> Bullshit...pecan.
> Jack in Texas

Y'all will have to excuse some of my fellow Texicans who purport the
use of mesquite. They just ain't in their right mind.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> However, here is what I do. First trim off any excess fat from the skirt
> steak . . . .

How many pounds of meat?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Apr-2006, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?TFM=AE?= > wrote:

> Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
>
> > Brick,
> > Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for
> > making good
> > fajitas.
> >
> > Ray
> > Austin, TX
> > ===
> >

> Is it a secret? Can't share with us?
>
> My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.
>
> I'd appreciate it.
>

> --
> TFM®

I didn't think my email address was a secret. Anybody could delete the
"NOSPAM" from my posted address and get through directly. I never
suspected that putting "NOSPAM" in an address would fool anybody
but the spammers.
--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Apr-2006, "Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" > wrote:

> TFM® wrote:
>
> > Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
> >
> > > Brick,
> > > Send me your REAL email address and can provide a couple of tips for
> > > making good
> > > fajitas.
> > >
> > > Ray
> > > Austin, TX
> > > ===
> > >

> > Is it a secret? Can't share with us?
> >
> > My email addresss is genuine if you prefer to send them that way.
> >
> > I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > --
> > TFM®

> No secret, just that I hate decoding email addresses that avoid spam and
> other crap.
>
> However, here is what I do. First trim off any excess fat from the skirt
> steak, then
> apply about 2 tablespoons of olive oil (acts as a binder for the spices).
> Then I
> sprinkle some Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning powder on the skits,

What is the composition of the Bolner's Fiesta Brand Fajita Seasoning
powder? I'd rather do my own.

> I also
> sprinkle some coarse salt and freshly ground pepper on the skirts (the
> powder I buy
> does not have salt and pepper). Wrap tightly in Glad/cling wrap and let
> sit for about
> 4 to 24 hours in the fridge. The bottle says to let sit for about 30
> minutes, but I
> have found that 4 to 24 hours makes them taste better. After marinating,
> I fire up my
> trusty charcoal grill with lump coal. While the coals are really hot, I
> sear the
> skirts - about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then finish them off on
> indirect heat for
> about 30 to 45 minutes. Place them on a plate and let them sit/rest for
> about 15
> minutes then cut the meat across the grain. While this is going on, I
> have already
> cut a couple of green bell peppers into strips of about 1/2 inch wide and
> diced up a
> couple of medium sized onions. I place the peppers and onions in a large
> skillet and
> sauté them with olive oil, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. When
> the onions
> have begun to become translucent, I drop in the sliced skirt steak into
> the skillet
> with the onion and peppers and sauté the whole thing for about 3 to 4
> minutes to mix
> them well and get the different tastes to mingle amongst each other.

I like all that right up to dicing the onion. I thinly slice mine. I like to
see
the onion the the final dish.

> I serve them with a guacamole mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro, some
> cheddar cheese
> and sour cream, all atop some fresh hot flour tortillas (corn for my
> wife). And to
> top this off, I prepare a mean pitcher of margarita mix with Jose Cuervo
> tequila, or
> some ice cold Buds, it all depends on how hot it is outside.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Ray

Damned close to Tostadas Ray, but who's counting? Your's is right
up there with mine as to authentic,Authentic was tied to what was
available. Now that is not the case.

While I admire your recipe, I just don't have the cooking staff to do
all of that work.
--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.binaries.food

kilikini wrote:

> See, TFM? A man who likes his fajitas with guacamole, sour cream,
> cheese, lettuce, just like *I* do. You'd call it a taco, though,
> but hey, he lives in Texas!
>
> kili <----- just happy to hear about how a Texan likes his fajitas.

And there's a lot of Goddamned New Yorkers living in Florida, but that
don't make them southern does it?

--
TFM®