Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default help

I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
Thanks

--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:
> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
> Thanks
>
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Do a search for public newsreaders. Find yourself a large one.

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pierre" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Big Jim wrote:
>> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

> Do a search for public newsreaders. Find yourself a large one.
>
> Pierre

--Thanks
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote in message
> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
> Thanks
>
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Jim,

I'm sure there are better methods out there, but here's one that works for
me when I'm on the road with the company laptop.

http://www.news-reader.org

Keith
Q-in in Geowga

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26 Apr 2006 09:17:58 -0700, "L. Ron Hoover"
> wrote:

>I wouldn't worry about it.

Still haven't figured out how sock-puppets are supposed to work, huh?
Isn't there a 12-year-old kid you could ask?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:

> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
> Thanks

Do they normally carry binary newsgroups? Some news servers don't have
any. If they do, but just not ABF, then put in a request. They might
add it for you.

Otherwise, I know from searching that there are some web sites that
mirror at least small versions of the images on ABF, do a search for
the newsgroup name in the regular Google (not Google Groups).

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Default User" > wrote in message
> Big Jim wrote:
>
>> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
>> Thanks

> Do they normally carry binary newsgroups? Some news servers don't have
> any. If they do, but just not ABF, then put in a request. They might
> add it for you.
>
> Otherwise, I know from searching that there are some web sites that
> mirror at least small versions of the images on ABF, do a search for
> the newsgroup name in the regular Google (not Google Groups).
>

> Brian
>
> --
> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> won't shut up.
> -- Dorothy Gambrell

Thanks, they do and I have.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26 Apr 2006 20:03:53 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

>Big Jim wrote:
>
>> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
>> Thanks

>Do they normally carry binary newsgroups? Some news servers don't have
>any. If they do, but just not ABF, then put in a request. They might
>add it for you.
>
>Otherwise, I know from searching that there are some web sites that
>mirror at least small versions of the images on ABF, do a search for
>the newsgroup name in the regular Google (not Google Groups).

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...ries.food.html

The last time I posted that link, Fat Boi claimed I was using
usenet-replayer to stalk him.

No, really. He actually said that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On 26 Apr 2006 20:03:53 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>

>>Big Jim wrote:
>>

>>>I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
>>>Thanks

>>Do they normally carry binary newsgroups? Some news servers don't have
>>any. If they do, but just not ABF, then put in a request. They might
>>add it for you.
>>
>>Otherwise, I know from searching that there are some web sites that
>>mirror at least small versions of the images on ABF, do a search for
>>the newsgroup name in the regular Google (not Google Groups).
>>

> http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...ries.food.html
>
> The last time I posted that link, Fat Boi claimed I was using
> usenet-replayer to stalk him.
>
> No, really. He actually said that.

Sure. So your point is...?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:07:27 -0400, Big Jim wrote:
>
>> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
>> Thanks

> I just look at your news-server and it doesn't look like they
> carry any binary groups. At least not the alt.binaries.*
> hierarchy.
>
> Usually you can just ask them to add it (smaller ISP's have less
> red-tape to go through), but if they exclude binaries, you're
> chances are pretty slim.
>
> -sw

They have a few binaries groups. I'll be calling them again this morning.
Thanks
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

{
Still haven't figured out how sock-puppets are supposed to work, huh?
Isn't there a 12-year-old kid you could ask?
}
I've got you now. I know alot about computers so I'm using up to date
state of the art technology to hide my e-mail address from prying eyes.
It takes alot more than a twelve year old to operate at the advanced
level that I operate at.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26-Apr-2006, "Big Jim" > wrote:

> "Default User" > wrote in message
> > Big Jim wrote:
> >
> >> I just changed ISP's and this one don't have ABF, how can I get it?
> >> Thanks

> > Do they normally carry binary newsgroups? Some news servers don't have
> > any. If they do, but just not ABF, then put in a request. They might
> > add it for you.
> >
> > Otherwise, I know from searching that there are some web sites that
> > mirror at least small versions of the images on ABF, do a search for
> > the newsgroup name in the regular Google (not Google Groups).
> >

> > Brian
> >
> > --
> > If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> > won't shut up.
> > -- Dorothy Gambrell

> Thanks, they do and I have.
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

You'll likely succeed in getting them to carry ABF. If perchance they
drag their heels or offer some resistance it would be because they
failed to do any homework and instead relied on ancient history
where ABF was technically an undocumented group. At this point
in time a brief mention of the traffic count should encourage them
to carry it. They probably thought it was an empty group.

--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
.. .

> --
> Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)

Al is solved, went and got it from somewhere else. After I figured out
what to do. Wildblue called and said that they were getting rid of all
binary groups for legal and other reasons. Anyway I now have ABF and this
thing is blazing fast compared to my dialup.
Thanks for the advice folks.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com