Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Makin' Sausage

One recipe for a great sausage is as follows; it is a method I've
learned from relatives who are ethnic Germans from Hungary.

Kill Pig in the morning.(shoot in head with .22 then cut throat)
Collect Blood. Open her up and take out organs.(use tractor with front
end loader for this) Wash stomach and intestines. Remove kidney fat
etc. Dismember. Make a pork stock with meat, bones, lungs, kidneys
etc. Cook potatoes. Peel garlic. Remove desired meat from bones.
Don't make too fatty. Many people say that the more fat the better; I
find this not to be true; well raised pork is very flavourable. Cool
potatoes when they are done and peel. Coarse grind pork. Rice
potatoes. Note: you will use 1/3 part potato and 2/3 part meat.
Optionally you can use 100% meat but sausage will not be as good. Get
your smoke house going(not smoke cooker but a real genuine smoke house
with a pit for wood and corn cobs; the smoke will be cool compared to a
smoke cooker but we don't want the sausage cooked, we want it more or
less raw)

Blending sausage mix:
Take ground pork and potato and place in clean fairly shallow bucket(it
should be easy to hand mix ingredients). Add ground Hungarian Paprika
both mild and hot. How hot? As hot as you can stand. We always grew
our own Paprika and had many varieties from mild to hot. We dried and
ground them in the winter. Take lots of garlic and place in a blender.
Take some pork stock and add to blender. Blend until consistency of
milk shake is achieved. Add to sausage mix. Add salt and black pepper
to taste. Mix. Add pork stock if mix is too dry. Mix. To taste
test, take a small amount of mix and place in skillet and cook. If you
like it you are done, if not add more stuff.
Place mix in sausage machine using the small intestine for casings.
The large intestine will be used for other types of sausage of which we
always make a few different types.
Our sausage machine was a black cast thingy with a handcrank. Anyway
crankout sausages, piercing areas where air bubbles form. How long?
As long as you want. Three feet is OK believe it or not because you
can double them when you hang for smoking. There you have it. For
supper you of course will make fresh sausage in the oven; served with
french bread and butter.
Take all the other sausage out to smoke house and hang. Smoke it
overnight. In the morning she's done. Note: while the sausage is raw
it is very edible. No one I know has ever gotten ill from eating this.
I think the smoke kills alot of the undesireable stuff etc. For
smoking you can use your favourite wood along with corn cobs.
Now having said this, I have also had this sausage done using a
smoker/smoke cooker although I still like the temperature to stay
around 200F; if that. The sausage smoked in this manner is still very
very good. It's a really simple way to make a simple and great
sausage. Of course if you don't want to kill and butcher, just buy the
meat.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>No they scald and scrape the hair off before cutting it up

You are extremely funny and original. Yuk Yuk's is looking for a few
good men.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> >No they scald and scrape the hair off before cutting it up

> You are extremely funny and original. Yuk Yuk's is looking for a few
> good men.

- Funny or not Bubba, at no point in the message did you mention what you
did with the skin and hair.
Here is most of the message. You went into great detail about what you ( or
someone) did with the hog after it was shot. Did not mention scalding or
scraping the hog.
[...]

James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Funny or not Bubba, at no point in the message did you mention what you
>did with the skin and hair.
>Here is most of the message. You went into great detail about what

you ( or
>someone) did with the hog after it was shot. Did not mention scalding or
>scraping the hog.

Maybe not funny; how's about anal?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Funny or not Bubba, at no point in the message did you mention what you
>>did with the skin and hair.
> >Here is most of the message. You went into great detail about what

> you ( or
>>someone) did with the hog after it was shot. Did not mention scalding or
>>scraping the hog.

> Maybe not funny; how's about anal?

You must be one of them experts that know how to do everything without ever
having done them before. Had you ever butchered a hog you would know that
scalding and scraping is and integral part of butchering. That is unless you
skin them. But then you already that skinning a hog is usually done to a
wild one.
Just pointing out that part was left out of your description of the
butchering.

There are people who have done and there are wannabes. Reckon we know
which group you are in.
Lighten up and get a sense of humor. (you need one).
BTW I have eaten the sausage you describe.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

{
You must be one of them experts that know how to do everything without
ever
having done them before. Had you ever butchered a hog you would know
that
scalding and scraping is and integral part of butchering. That is
unless you
skin them. But then you already that skinning a hog is usually done to
wild one.
Just pointing out that part was left out of your description of the
butchering.

There are people who have done and there are wannabes. Reckon we know

which group you are in.
Lighten up and get a sense of humor. (you need one).
BTW I have eaten the sausage you describe.
}
Are you a sex trade worker?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

{
BTW I have eaten the sausage you describe.
}

You're trying to impress me. Is that ever cute.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

{
#*>>And you're a moron. The difference is that I might someday cease to
be
():boring.
}

Hey whatever ****es you off. Anyway my time at the public library is
running out so we'll have to continue this tomorrow. Too bad I am too
poor to afford a 'puter. Besides my welfare cheque joost come in; it
were late an i haf to go peek it ups. Tomorrow however I will offer a
resipee for barbecue chicken on the half shell with roasted red spinech.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.religion.kibology

> wrote

> > BTW I have eaten the sausage you describe.

Describe mathematically...?

> You're trying to impress me. Is that ever cute.

Whatever turns you on.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>This Boy shore don't seem to be making any friends on this list. Must be a
>Yankee.
> Eh, Nicki

My heart is saddened greatly that I have no friends here. Boo hoo. Oh
boo hoo hoo.
Well I guess I'll just have to be on my way then.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> >This Boy shore don't seem to be making any friends on this list. Must be
>>Yankee.
>> Eh, Nicki

> My heart is saddened greatly that I have no friends here. Boo hoo. Oh
> boo hoo hoo.
> Well I guess I'll just have to be on my way then.

Don't leave. Step back and look at how you jumped in and tried to tell the
local yokels how it done. Sit back and watch and when you see the chance to
contribute something to a conversation, please do. I am most certainly sure
that you have much to contribute.
For starters what do you cook your barbecue on or in? What part of the
country are you from. You mention Hungarian Kin. You could be from parts of
Texas (which would explain the way you came on <g>) or from the upper
Midwest.
Anyway welcome to the group.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

{Don't leave. Step back and look at how you jumped in and tried to tell
the
local yokels how it done. Sit back and watch and when you see the
chance to
contribute something to a conversation, please do. I am most certainly
sure
that you have much to contribute.
For starters what do you cook your barbecue on or in? What part of
the
country are you from. You mention Hungarian Kin. You could be from
parts of
Texas (which would explain the way you came on <g>) or from the upper
Midwest.
Anyway welcome to the group.
}
Ooh a diplomat. For starters one thing that I find to be very
uncouth(as to the 'barbecuing' habits of this groups users)is their
reliance on using the charcoal briquet as a tool in the barbecue
process. I suppose that they're still learning and will eventually
grasp the concept that pure enjoyment comes from the burning of wood
and oxygen resulting in heat and smoke and wonderful properly smoked
meat.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> {Don't leave. Step back and look at how you jumped in and tried to tell
> the
> local yokels how it done. Sit back and watch and when you see the
> chance to
> contribute something to a conversation, please do. I am most certainly
> sure
> that you have much to contribute.
> For starters what do you cook your barbecue on or in? What part of
> the
> country are you from. You mention Hungarian Kin. You could be from
> parts of
> Texas (which would explain the way you came on <g>) or from the upper
> Midwest.
> Anyway welcome to the group.
> }
> Ooh a diplomat. For starters one thing that I find to be very
> uncouth(as to the 'barbecuing' habits of this groups users)is their
> reliance on using the charcoal briquet as a tool in the barbecue
> process. I suppose that they're still learning and will eventually
> grasp the concept that pure enjoyment comes from the burning of wood
> and oxygen resulting in heat and smoke and wonderful properly smoked
> meat.

I think you may find that more and more are going to lump as compared to
briquettes.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
::
:: And you're a moron. The difference is that I might someday cease to
be
:: boring.

Nah. Never happen.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 1 May 2006 21:23:16 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>::
>:: And you're a moron. The difference is that I might someday cease to
>be
>:: boring.
>
>Nah. Never happen.

You're following up to a 2-week-old post of mine? Further proof that
you hang on my every word.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 02 May 2006 03:06:44 GMT, Harry Demidavicius >
wrote:

>On Mon, 1 May 2006 21:23:16 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>>::
>>:: And you're a moron. The difference is that I might someday cease to
>>be
>>:: boring.
>>
>>Nah. Never happen.
>>
>>BOB

>Poor Winnie must be spinning in his grave again at the mangling of his
>response to some snotty dowager who accosted him at a cocktail
>function by saying loudly "Mr. Churchill - you're drunk!". His
>equally loud response - Yes Madam, and you're ugly. However, tomorrow
>morning I shall be sober!"

Let's hear it for Explain the Joke Guy, folks.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
:: On Mon, 1 May 2006 21:23:16 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
::
::: Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
:::::
::::: And you're a moron. The difference is that I might someday cease
to be
::::: boring.
:::
::: Nah. Never happen.
:::
:: You're following up to a 2-week-old post of mine? Further proof
that
:: you hang on my every word.

Nope. It just now showed up on my server. I woulda busted yer chops
earlier if Ida read it earlier.

Since you have such o low opinion of everyone in this newsgroup,
why-in-the-hell do you hang out here? Do you get beat up on by more
professional trolls in the other groups?

BOB

HAND, TTFN, FOAD

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 2 May 2006 17:45:49 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Nope. It just now showed up on my server.

Uh-huh. Surrrrrre it did.

>I woulda busted yer chops
>earlier if Ida read it earlier.

Let me know when you begin, mmm-kay?

BTW, whose Ida?

Oh, never mind. I see that you're trying to fit in with the other
bozos who think it's clever to post in some kind of inbred hillbilly
dialect. I forget now who started that regrettable practice. Whoever
it was, I'm glad not to be subjected anymore to his illiterate, barely
comprehensible posts. Yours are bad enough.

>Since you have such o low opinion of everyone in this newsgroup,
>why-in-the-hell do you hang out here?

I need a reason? That's news to me.

Does my presence annoy you? That seems reason enough.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:
> Since you have such o low opinion of everyone in this newsgroup,
> why-in-the-hell do you hang out here?

That answer's easy, Bob. Kevvie comes here to get the attention he
fails to get elsewhere. If folks here would quit feedin his need for
attention, he'd go away whimperin. <g>
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

frohe wrote:
:: BOB wrote:
::: Since you have such o low opinion of everyone in this newsgroup,
::: why-in-the-hell do you hang out here?
::
:: That answer's easy, Bob. Kevvie comes here to get the attention he
:: fails to get elsewhere. If folks here would quit feedin his need
for
:: attention, he'd go away whimperin. <g>
:: --
:: -frohe
:: Life is too short to be in a hurry

You're probably right. I'll try to stop, but with such an easy
target...

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:
> I'll try to stop, but with such an easy target...

I understand. It's really hard not to pull the trigger when ya have a
loaded gun and there's fish in the barrel.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Sausage makin' time zxcvbob General Cooking 20 29-03-2011 07:47 PM
Makin' Bacon ceed Barbecue 16 14-05-2007 03:51 PM
makin salsa...again Kathi Jones Preserving 9 08-09-2006 01:56 AM