Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Grilled Steak Butter

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:28:26 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Steve Calvin wrote:
>:: wrote:
>::: Today's recipe is for grilled meats; beef steak to be more
>precise.
>::: Most barbecueists like to use their cooker to grill meats as well.
>Use
>::: any steak you like as long as it's rib eye. lol.
>::: Today I'm broadcasting from the KPL once again. Also I will share
>with
>::: you my recipe(no amounts given; make to taste) for grilled steak
>::: butter; to be placed on steak as it jumps off the grill. lol
>::: soften up your butter
>::: add white wine
>::: add fresh chopped garlic(lots of it)
>::: add fresh chopped parsley and cilantro
>::: add fresh diced green onion
>::: optional: add lemon/lime juice(freshly squeezed only)
>::: mix her all up and put it on meat. at least one Tblsp per steak.
>::: You can also use this butter when you make croutons i.e. for a
>ceasar
>::: salad etc.
>::: Or croutons for French Onion Soup etc.
>:::
>:: What'd that poor steak ever do to you to get it's flavor
>:: drowned out like that?!?
>::
>:: --
>:: Steve
>
>And it's a rib-eye, too. Sometimes I just salt and pepper a rib eye.
>Sometimes I don't even do that.
>
>BOB

Why do you think you have the right to tell other people how to season
or eat their food? Who gives a rats ass if you like salt and pepper
on your rib eye? Did you try the Steak butter? No?
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pierre wrote:

> I like a decent steak butter from time to time; anchovie butter comes
> to mind. While Walkers' creation has garlic it can be quite bitter
> when raw, I'd prefer a milder chopped shallot, the rest looks pretty
> good. I think it'd do fine on a grilled chunk of beef.
>
> Pierre

I was just funnin' ya. Personally I don't use 'em, but I've
a firm believer that if someone likes something a certain
way, what the heck do I care. To each their own.

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kansas Kim wrote:

>>:: What'd that poor steak ever do to you to get it's flavor
>>:: drowned out like that?!?
>>::
>>:: --
>>:: Steve

> Why do you think you have the right to tell other people how to season
> or eat their food? Who gives a rats ass if you like salt and pepper
> on your rib eye? Did you try the Steak butter? No?
> *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
> *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

Not sure if you're replying to me or the other guy but I
posted a follow-up making that exact point.

You wanna put grape jelly on your rib-eye or filet? I
couldn't care less. Hell, I'll even burn it for ya. ;-) As
long as I don't have to eat it, and trust me... I don't ;-D
--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 05:43:41 -0500, Kansas Kim >
wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:28:26 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>>
>>And it's a rib-eye, too. Sometimes I just salt and pepper a rib eye.
>>Sometimes I don't even do that.
>>
>>BOB

>Why do you think you have the right to tell other people how to season
>or eat their food?

Stick around. He doesn't stop at just dictating to people how they
should season their food.

>Who gives a rats ass if you like salt and pepper
>on your rib eye?

Absolutely no one. But don't tell Boob that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:32:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Kansas Kim wrote:
>
>>>:: What'd that poor steak ever do to you to get it's flavor
>>>:: drowned out like that?!?
>>>::
>>>:: --
>>>:: Steve

>> Why do you think you have the right to tell other people how to season
>> or eat their food? Who gives a rats ass if you like salt and pepper
>> on your rib eye? Did you try the Steak butter? No?
>> *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
>> *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

>Not sure if you're replying to me or the other guy but I
>posted a follow-up making that exact point.
>
>You wanna put grape jelly on your rib-eye or filet? I
>couldn't care less. Hell, I'll even burn it for ya. ;-) As
>long as I don't have to eat it, and trust me... I don't ;-D

No Sir Steve;
That was not directed at you. Never tried grape jelly, but that
might be good on pork, with habanero?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kansas Kim wrote:

> No Sir Steve;
> That was not directed at you. Never tried grape jelly, but that
> might be good on pork, with habanero?
> *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
> *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

pss.. don't tell anyone I said this but actually, grape
jelly with chipoltes with pork ain't too shabby. ;-D

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:32:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

>>You wanna put grape jelly on your rib-eye or filet? I
>>couldn't care less. Hell, I'll even burn it for ya.

> If I bought the meat, and you're a guest at my house, your steak
> will be no more than Medium.
>
> -sw

let's not go there again....

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:04:42 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:32:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>You wanna put grape jelly on your rib-eye or filet? I
>>>couldn't care less. Hell, I'll even burn it for ya.

>> If I bought the meat, and you're a guest at my house, your steak
>> will be no more than Medium.
>>

>let's not go there again....

Yeah, I think once was enough to figure out who is a presumptuous ass
and who isn't.

PS: When guests stay at my house, they sleep on flannel sheets year
'round because that's how I like to sleep, they drink at least 8
glasses of water each day because I hear it's good for you, and they
don't cuss because the Bible says not to. And they can just damn well
like it, too!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
:: Absolutely no one. But don't tell Boob that.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kevin's with his name calling again! Some people believe that this
tactic is used on usenet posts when they have admitted defeat.

Aren't you all glad I brought this to your attention? Nick, I snipped
most of his post just for you!

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 01:48:38 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>:: Absolutely no one. But don't tell Boob that.
>
>OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>
>Kevin's with his name calling again!

And you leap at the bait. How predictable.

>Some people believe that this
>tactic is used on usenet posts when they have admitted defeat.

And some people believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Since I wasn't arguing with anyone -- much less you -- about what
exactly would I be admitting defeat? You didn't really think this
through, did you?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

Nothing, as usual.

<Yawn!>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:29:04 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>
>Nothing, as usual.

<snork!>

Jeebus, but that's just pathetic. What was it you were you saying
about people admitting defeat?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

A T-Bone that is only good at best is Great with a horseradish butter!
Wonderfull!!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hello Denny,

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:23:29 GMT, "Chull"
> Needed.com> wrote:
>
>> A T-Bone that is only good at best is Great with a horseradish
>> butter! Wonderfull!!
>>

> Ummm... a T-bone that can be great with any such addition can easily
> be great, simply broiled or grilled to rare, with S&P and a little
> garlic--things which enhance its flavor rather than covering it.

Garlic? On a steak? Boy, you must not like the taste of beef!