Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Sticky Fingers

Have any of y'all ever eaten at Sticky Fingers? I've read about them,
and wanted to eat at one for quite a while. A couple of weeks ago, my
wife and kids were in Chattanooga, and they tried it. To my chagrin,
they said the ribs were almost as good as mine! Normally, of course,
the family raves about dad's ribs, and say nothing comes close.
However, they were really stoked about this place.
--
Greetings from the Hog and Hominy State!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:17:48 -0500, MonopTN > wrote:
>
>> Have any of y'all ever eaten at Sticky Fingers? I've read about them,
>> and wanted to eat at one for quite a while. A couple of weeks ago, my
>> wife and kids were in Chattanooga, and they tried it. To my chagrin,
>> they said the ribs were almost as good as mine! Normally, of course,
>> the family raves about dad's ribs, and say nothing comes close.
>> However, they were really stoked about this place.

> Don't feel too bad. If it's the same Sticky Fingers that's in
> Charleston, I remember the ribs as pretty darn good. Did you order a
> sampler platter (a mix of dry, wet, sweet, hot)?

I didn't even get to go! They went on a spring break junket without me,
and I asked them to try Sticky Fingers, they did, and they loved it.
Several years ago, I dreamed about opening a q joint, taking it
nationwide with good q, and great service, and damn if those guys didn't
do it! I guess many of us here dream about that, I still do. I probably
better stick to my day job though.

Occasionally, I'll get up at 3am, cook a hog, and have a hundred or so
people over. Usually by the time they leave about 11pm that night, I'm
cured!

--
Greetings from the Hog and Hominy State!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bk bk is offline

"MonopTN" > wrote in message
> Have any of y'all ever eaten at Sticky Fingers? I've read about them, and
> wanted to eat at one for quite a while. A couple of weeks ago, my wife
> and kids were in Chattanooga, and they tried it. To my chagrin, they said
> the ribs were almost as good as mine! Normally, of course, the family
> raves about dad's ribs, and say nothing comes close. However, they were
> really stoked about this place.
> --
> Greetings from the Hog and Hominy State!

I ate at the Chattanooga Skicky Fingers in Novemeber. I liked the ribs. I
recall that between all of us we order all the different types they offer.
Everyone was happy. Can't recall what my favorite was. Place was packed, we
had to sit at teh bar. Which made getting beer that much faster.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Vilco wrote:
> bk wrote
>
>> I ate at the Chattanooga Skicky Fingers in Novemeber. I liked the
>> ribs. I recall that between all of us we order all the different
>> types they offer. Everyone was happy. Can't recall what my favorite
>> was. Place was packed, we had to sit at teh bar. Which made getting
>> beer that much faster.

> Well, boys, I don't know how ruibs are cut there in the US, but in
> Tuscany they really love ribs, so they cut them with love, leaving
> much lean and tasty meat on those fatty bones. Here in Emilia Romagna
> between Bologna and Parma, 150km north of Florence, they cut ribs as a
> really secondary cut, often leaving you with just a sad, thin,
> meat-lined bone.
> I wish you the US way is actually like the tuscan way.

Hey Vilco, you're living in food paradise, I wouln't bother:')

cheese'ncheers
sasCHa

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Vilco wrote:

> Well, boys, I don't know how ruibs are cut there in the US, but in
> Tuscany they really love ribs, so they cut them with love.....

I cut them with a Forschner, my customers *eat* them with love and adoration
:-) Seriously, Vilco, go to any good mom-n-pop bbq joint in the southeast
and you'll likely not miss Tuscany a bit when you dig into a big ol' pile of
pork spare ribs.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

MonopTN wrote:
> Have any of y'all ever eaten at Sticky Fingers? I've read about them,
> and wanted to eat at one for quite a while. A couple of weeks ago, my
> wife and kids were in Chattanooga, and they tried it. To my chagrin,
> they said the ribs were almost as good as mine! Normally, of course,
> the family raves about dad's ribs, and say nothing comes close. However,
> they were really stoked about this place.

I'll be going to the one in Charleston soon and will let ya know!

--
Regards,

Piedmont

The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

sascha wrote

>> I wish you the US way is actually like the tuscan way.

> Hey Vilco, you're living in food paradise, I wouln't bother:')

I do bother, friend! Here pork is terrible unless you find some good
butcher, while in tuscany and in southern germany / austria / czech
republik you find pork who make syou fly, sure!
I have foubnd a really good butcher but I have to spend a morning to
go there and get back, in Crema (near Milan), 160 km from here. Not so
handy
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Vilco wrote:
> sascha wrote
>
>>> I wish you the US way is actually like the tuscan way.

>> Hey Vilco, you're living in food paradise, I wouln't bother:')

> I do bother, friend! Here pork is terrible unless you find some good
> butcher, while in tuscany and in southern germany / austria / czech
> republik you find pork who make syou fly, sure!
> I have foubnd a really good butcher but I have to spend a morning to
> go there and get back, in Crema (near Milan), 160 km from here. Not so
> handy

We find lots of bad pork here too, thats why we cook our own and you
should too. We practically have no butchers anymore, just Walmart
factory processed meats.