Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Smoke Wood and Lump Sources in NJ?

Anyone happen to know of a good source for either smoke wood or lump in
NJ, shore area?

For smoke wood I'm thinking about Delicious Orchards, a large farm
market with a decent sized apple orchard I believe, or maybe some of the
wineries. I figure they must have some used wine barrels (oak, right?)
to get rid of.

As for lump, I don't know where to find any short of the Cowboy stuff at
Lowes. I've pretty well decided to go with Kingsford briquettes instead,
at least for now.

--
John
kc2kth
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John L wrote:

> For smoke wood I'm thinking about Delicious Orchards, a large farm
> market with a decent sized apple orchard I believe,

Get in contact with them now, as they should be just finishing up with
pruning. You could snag some significant piles of wood. Wait too long and
it'll be burned as waste or chipped into mulch.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"John L" > wrote in message
.net...

> Anyone happen to know of a good source for either smoke wood or lump in
> NJ, shore area?
>
> For smoke wood I'm thinking about Delicious Orchards, a large farm
> market with a decent sized apple orchard I believe, or maybe some of the
> wineries. I figure they must have some used wine barrels (oak, right?)
> to get rid of.
>
> As for lump, I don't know where to find any short of the Cowboy stuff at
> Lowes. I've pretty well decided to go with Kingsford briquettes instead,
> at least for now.

I hold my nose and get Royal Oak lump at WalMart. That's the only thing I
buy there.

Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Jack Schidt® wrote:
::
:: I hold my nose and get Royal Oak lump at WalMart. That's the only
thing I
:: buy there.
::
:: Jack

I buy their packer cut brisket (the only unadultered meat in the
place) because it's the only place around here I can buy packer cuts.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Jack Schidt® wrote:
> ::
> :: I hold my nose and get Royal Oak lump at WalMart. That's the only
> thing I
> :: buy there.
> ::
> :: Jack
>
> I buy their packer cut brisket (the only unadultered meat in the place)
> because it's the only place around here I can buy packer cuts.

Hehe, there's always 1 or 2 things they have that no one else does.

Jack

Wood or lump? ceed Barbecue 21 27-06-2007 12:53 AM
lump charcoal options/sources in Atlanta, Georgia area? Woogeroo Barbecue 3 21-06-2007 06:07 PM
Looking for lump and wood in San Francisco/Bay Area Stephen Pocock Barbecue 10 11-09-2005 10:01 PM
Fig Wood good to smoke with ? hello Barbecue 0 29-03-2005 11:50 PM
Lump & wood Etc Lew/+Silat Barbecue 3 30-03-2004 10:29 AM