Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pressure cooking to tenderize brisket

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> Not me. As far as I'm concerned, people can just keep on challenging
> you.

Ah, the circular circus is back in town. You know how Frankenstien's
monster was made of parts with nothing original in his make-up other than
that make-up itself? Now don't let the complex concepts Oroboro your mind,
but look to the mirror and observe what I'm talking about.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

D. Winsor wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>
>>"They" say a lot of stupid things, including that one. And I'm
>>guessing you know next to nothing about both editing and teaching.

> Then you'd be wrong on both counts. By my count here, you're wrong more
> often than not. You're usually wrong and without much hint of style either.
> Pedantic would be the word which well describes your efforts. KSW, word
> technician because he hasn't the craft. You're much like those who think
> they're smart but are merely sly. In fact, that description is apt.

Wow! D. Winsor is my new hero.

He has the vocabulary to say the things I can merely think.

Kevin, you have competition and he's obviously not a southern drunkard.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

> "All together now...
>
> CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!"

Now, that's a croc! It's *chicken* that tastes like alligator :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

> Anybody can initiate a newgroup. It's obvious that you don't like
> this one. Why... snip

Well stated, amigo.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:56:23 GMT, "D. Winsor"
> wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Not me. As far as I'm concerned, people can just keep on challenging
>> you.

>Ah, the circular circus is back in town. You know how Frankenstien's
>monster was made of parts with nothing original in his make-up other than
>that make-up itself? Now don't let the complex concepts Oroboro your mind,
>but look to the mirror and observe what I'm talking about.

You snipped out the part about village idiots, Village Idiot.

HTH. HAND.

PS: What else did you get for your birthday, besides a thesaurus?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>

>>You snipped out the part about village idiots, Village Idiot.
>>
>>HTH. HAND.
>>
>>PS: What else did you get for your birthday, besides a thesaurus?

> Every once in a while, we get someone, like Mr. Windsor, who pictures
> himself as a Don Quixote type. Or maybe some sort of Christ-figure. He takes
> upon himself the mantle of usenet savior, hoping to rid some NG of his
> peculiar vision of NG sinners. It matters not that during his rant-induced
> state of whackiness, he has become what he says he despises.

Shit man. When you retire from the resto biz you should become
a writer.

> So, let's all pull up a lawn chair, break out your beverage of choice along
> with whatever snacks y'all choose to bring, and watch the spectacle continue
> to unfold.
>
> BTW, whose turn is it with the pointy stick?

Ah, not necessary. I think this goose is cooked.

ObBBQ: Goose. I wanted to do some duck but they were
out of my favorite brand.

--
Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bill wrote:

> Sorry, he hit the killfile a while ago. Nobody's offered me enough
> money to pry him out.

<sound of a rattling cellophane bag> Here, have some Cheetos anyway.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> Every once in a while, we get someone, like Mr. Windsor, who pictures
> himself as a Don Quixote type. Or maybe some sort of Christ-figure. He
> takes upon himself the mantle of usenet savior, hoping to rid some NG of
> his peculiar vision of NG sinners. It matters not that during his
> rant-induced state of whackiness, he has become what he says he despises.

Nonsense! I'm merely giving back what this group gives out when somebody
makes an approach to join in.

> So, let's all pull up a lawn chair, break out your beverage of choice
> along with whatever snacks y'all choose to bring, and watch the spectacle
> continue to unfold.
>
> BTW, whose turn is it with the pointy stick?

Yes, this shows the cut of your jib. Oh well, when you try to interact with
a herd of backslapping baboons they will, of course, herd together and
backslap the other baboons. Nobody's trying to change anything here about
barbeque, but I've seen more than a few people try to get you guys to act
like real people and then they leave in disgust. You guys are like most
bullies who don't take their own antics turned back on them. You're pussies
behind a keyboard who don't act like this in civil society.
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"D. Winsor" > wrote in message
> You're pussies behind a keyboard who don't act like this in civil society.

Whatever. This pussy does just fine in real life.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

D. Winsor wrote:

> Nonsense! I'm merely giving back what this group gives out when
> somebody makes an approach to join in.

Thanks again for proving my point....... as I said, you think you are a
saviour-figure. Although, pretty anemic and amusing. <URRRP> Now which side
of the chair did I set that mug-o-pepsi?

> Yes, this shows the cut of your jib.

Jib Jab... that's a great site.

> You guys are like most bullies who don't take
> their own antics turned back on them. You're pussies behind a
> keyboard who don't act like this in civil society.

<MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH> Hey, guys, are we supposed to cry or wet our pants or
sumpin' '<Slurrrp> Ahhhh, that pepsi is sure good after a mouthful of
cheetos.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> <MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH> Hey, guys, are we supposed to cry or wet our pants or
> sumpin' '<Slurrrp> Ahhhh, that pepsi is sure good after a mouthful of
> cheetos.

I sure know there's a lot of macho cheese comes from your mouth.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> So you're our savior? This is the best we can get?

Geez, gonna jump on Bugg's bandwagon? I'm not anybody's savior. I'm the
guy in the bar who stands up to the obnoxious rude group of guys who harrass
the rest of the patrons and ask, "you guy's mamas have many puppies that
lived?". Just as somebody here suggested that you don't walk into a bar and
impose yourself on the conversation of others, you also don't interrupt with
harassment the conversations of others in a public spot. Is this place your
guy's private domain? I thought this was a public newsgroup. I'm usually
the first to act on what everybody thinks should be said to the hooligans
when the hooligans howl over long.

> OK, who's the idiot who hired this guy?
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> Just because a lot of is are picking on you doesn't mean we're
> necessarily in the same "bandwagon". In this case it just means
> we share a common (and by far the majority) opinion.
>
> When this many people speak out against any one person, maybe it
> means you need to re-think your actions and strategy. People like
> you actually end up uniting the group.

Not "the group", the hooligans who repel the singular newbies which come
curiously along looking for barbeque info. Perhaps it's your "group" which
needs to re-think it's hostile actions on this public newsgroup towards the
poor ignorant newbies. You mean to say I "Unite" those who think this
newsgroup is their own personal troll shooting gallery. Just because you
guys fell comfortable in the circle jerk you've turned this newsgroup into
don't mean you're doing right by the newbies or the newsgroup.

> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > As I and many others have pointed out, your version of
"approach to
> join in" is somewhat reminiscent of the way Temujin "joined in" with
> China.

Lay that pipe aside and act like an adult male. You people are the
hostiles.

> --
> -denny-
> "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
> unannounced?"
>
> "It's come as you are, baby."
>
> -over the hedge

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
news Take a look through this thread at the pack of ball licking and cackling
hyenas who jumped at the chance to rip new meat for a flame war, tally them
against the regular contributors who're remaining neutral and silent, and
add those newbies who've added their two cents so you can start guessing
where the majority vote would lay

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:11:58 GMT, "D. Winsor"
> wrote:

>"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
>news >Take a look through this thread at the pack of ball licking and cackling
>hyenas who jumped at the chance to rip new meat for a flame war, tally them
>against the regular contributors who're remaining neutral and silent, and
>add those newbies who've added their two cents so you can start guessing
>where the majority vote would lay

I'll bet the lurkers support you in e-mail, too.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
news
> I'll bet the lurkers support you in e-mail, too.

Boy, you really are just a parody of a parody. Anybody who wants to support
or shit on me can dump my spam shingle and replace hotmail.com. I ain't
looking to be accepted. I'm taking some time out of my week to poke sticks
at the idiot baboons. Oops, the washer's on rinse cycle, but you guys will
still be as full of shit when I get back cause you're mostly here for the
faecal smear. Have as nice a day as your parading pseudo-intellectual
demeanour will allow your version of cynicism, Kev.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

D. Winsor wrote:

Nothing, as usual.

Hey! I thought you said that you were leaving and not coming back!
What? Are you a freaking lier as well as an ass?

Cheers,

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Hey! I thought you said that you were leaving and not coming back! What?
> Are you a freaking lier as well as an ass?

Boy, you sure are a wit! Show me where I said that. You must really live
in hope. What's wrong? Bad conscience?

> Cheers,
>
> BOB
>
> --
> Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

D. Winsor wrote:

You guys are like most
> bullies who don't take their own antics turned back on them. You're pussies
> behind a keyboard who don't act like this in civil society.

Nope, I'm a rude mother-****er all the time. I don't give a shit where
I'm at.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:35:46 GMT, "D. Winsor"
> wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>news
>> I'll bet the lurkers support you in e-mail, too.

>Boy, you really are just a parody of a parody.

New to Usenet, huh? Google "lurkers support me in e-mail", son.

>Anybody who wants to support
>or shit on me can dump my spam shingle and replace hotmail.com. I ain't
>looking to be accepted. I'm taking some time out of my week to poke sticks
>at the idiot baboons. Oops, the washer's on rinse cycle, but you guys will
>still be as full of shit when I get back cause you're mostly here for the
>faecal smear.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe that our resident Village Idiot -- top-posting, full-quoting
Kent -- has the scatology concession hereabouts. Please pick another
obsession.

>Have as nice a day as your parading pseudo-intellectual
>demeanour will allow your version of cynicism, Kev.

Could you get back to me when you've had that last line translated
into English?

(Why do bozos always seem to think that calling me "Kev" or "Kevvie"
is some sort of insult or in some mysterious way is going to bother
me? It's like they all go to the same "How to Be a Lemur on the
Usernet School.")
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

D. Winsor wrote:

> Lay that pipe aside and act like an adult male. You people are the
> hostiles.

Bwahahaha, yup, that's right; we're the ones doing the hostility. So, what's
in yer pipe?

<bruupppp> Ah, that felt good.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

D. Winsor wrote:

> Geez, gonna jump on Bugg's bandwagon?

My bandwagon? I doubt Steve's on anyone's "bandwagon". Sheesh, I guess you
feel abandoned.

> I'm not anybody's savior.

Ok. Let's see if there is evidence to support that statement

> I'm
> the guy in the bar who stands up to the obnoxious rude group of guys
> who harrass the rest of the patrons and ask, "you guy's mamas have
> many puppies that lived?". Just as somebody here suggested that you
> don't walk into a bar and impose yourself on the conversation of
> others, you also don't interrupt with harassment the conversations of
> others in a public spot. Is this place your guy's private domain? I
> thought this was a public newsgroup. I'm usually the first to act on
> what everybody thinks should be said to the hooligans when the
> hooligans howl over long.

Hmmm, sorry, your own testimony reveals that you really do have a saviour
complex. Hey, can someone pass over the peanut M&Ms?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Mar-2006, "D. Winsor" > wrote:

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> > <MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH> Hey, guys, are we supposed to cry or wet our pants
> > or
> > sumpin' '<Slurrrp> Ahhhh, that pepsi is sure good after a mouthful of
> > cheetos.

> I sure know there's a lot of macho cheese comes from your mouth.

It would appear that you have either misread the title of this group and
have
ignored the FAQ or you just plain don't give a damn. We are purely not
interested in methods of preparing food that do not relate directly to
grilling or smoking. Go over to rfc where they are amenable to any method.
Your perception of our animosity toward discussion of pressure cooking
food is entirely accurate. We don't want anything to do with it in this
newsgroup. Yes, I have a pressure cooker. Yes, I do use it. I don't talk
about it here. I have discussed it in abf where all methods are invited.

--
Brick (Paddling ever slower)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Mar-2006, "D. Winsor" > wrote:

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > So you're our savior? This is the best we can get?

> Geez, gonna jump on Bugg's bandwagon? I'm not anybody's savior. I'm the
> guy in the bar who stands up to the obnoxious rude group of guys who
> harrass
> the rest of the patrons and ask, "you guy's mamas have many puppies that
> lived?". Just as somebody here suggested that you don't walk into a bar
> and
> impose yourself on the conversation of others, you also don't interrupt
> with
> harassment the conversations of others in a public spot. Is this place
> your
> guy's private domain? I thought this was a public newsgroup. I'm usually
>
> the first to act on what everybody thinks should be said to the hooligans
> when the hooligans howl over long.
> >
> > OK, who's the idiot who hired this guy?
> >
> > -sw

This newsgroup is dedicated to grilling a smoking (only). You apparently
do not want to honor that. Odd that the regulars here take exception to your
off topic posts. Now I'm ****ed at myself for dignifying your drivel with a
reply.

--
Brick (Paddling ever slower)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 30-Mar-2006, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:48:59 GMT, "D. Winsor"
> > wrote:
>
> >Geez, gonna jump on Bugg's bandwagon?

> Just because a lot of is are picking on you doesn't mean we're
> necessarily in the same "bandwagon". In this case it just means
> we share a common (and by far the majority) opinion.
>
> When this many people speak out against any one person, maybe it
> means you need to re-think your actions and strategy. People like
> you actually end up uniting the group.
>
> -sw

Jeez Steve. Are you going to align with the rest of us cattle who don't
know any better then to line up at the common trough for our daily
slop?

--
Brick (Paddling ever slower)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
.. .

> On 30-Mar-2006, "D. Winsor" > wrote:
>
> > "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > > So you're our savior? This is the best we can get?

> > Geez, gonna jump on Bugg's bandwagon? I'm not anybody's savior. I'm

the
> > guy in the bar who stands up to the obnoxious rude group of guys who
> > harrass
> > the rest of the patrons and ask, "you guy's mamas have many puppies that
> > lived?". Just as somebody here suggested that you don't walk into a bar
> > and
> > impose yourself on the conversation of others, you also don't interrupt
> > with
> > harassment the conversations of others in a public spot. Is this place
> > your
> > guy's private domain? I thought this was a public newsgroup. I'm

usually

> > the first to act on what everybody thinks should be said to the

hooligans
> > when the hooligans howl over long.
> > >
> > > OK, who's the idiot who hired this guy?
> > >
> > > -sw

> This newsgroup is dedicated to grilling a smoking (only). You apparently
> do not want to honor that. Odd that the regulars here take exception to

your
> off topic posts. Now I'm ****ed at myself for dignifying your drivel with

> reply.
>
> --
> Brick (Paddling ever slower)

Yer wastin' yer breath...er fingers here Brick . this guy's just another in
a long line of trolls.
Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hello D. Winsor,

> " BOB" > wrote in message
>
>> Hey! I thought you said that you were leaving and not coming back!
>> What? Are you a freaking lier as well as an ass?
>>

> Boy, you sure are a wit! Show me where I said that. You must really
> live in hope. What's wrong? Bad conscience?

This is slightly OT, but last night I picked up some USDA Prime filet mignon
at the local grocery store (HEB), tossed them in olive oil, a generous dose
of kosher salt, and coarse black pepper. Fired up the K with some fresh lump
and 3 chunks of hickory. As soon as the fire was roaring, I put the filets
on the grill for 9 minutes, rotating them at the 3-minute mark, flipping
at the 5-minute mark, then rotating them again at the 7-minute mark. I transferred
them directly from the grill to a warm plate, then into hungry mouths. This
was the best filet mignon I have ever eaten, and I have gad them quite a
few times before. There are some key things I did that I think make a huge
difference:

- High, high heat the entire time. I normally use the "sear and dwell" technique,
and this works well with some cuts. But for a filet, you just want a nice
deep sear, no need to dwell.

- Kosher salt, and lots of it. For some reason, kosher salt really helps
on filets. Filets need the extra help since they tend to have such a mild
flavor, and the kosher salt gives the crust an added "bite" that's really
welcome. By the way, I am not one of those people who buys fancy salts. This
is just Morton Salt out of a box.

- No rest period. Filets don't need it, because they're very lean. Eating
the steaks straight off the grill gives you the tremendous pleasure of eating
it while it's absolutely piping hot.

There you go. Easy and fantastic filet mignon.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 31-Mar-2006, Hal Burton > wrote:

> Hello D. Winsor,
>
> > " BOB" > wrote in message
> >
> >> Hey! I thought you said that you were leaving and not coming back!
> >> What? Are you a freaking lier as well as an ass?
> >>

> > Boy, you sure are a wit! Show me where I said that. You must really
> > live in hope. What's wrong? Bad conscience?

> This is slightly OT, but last night I picked up some USDA Prime filet
> mignon
> at the local grocery store (HEB), tossed them in olive oil, a generous
> dose
> of kosher salt, and coarse black pepper. Fired up the K with some fresh
> lump
> and 3 chunks of hickory. As soon as the fire was roaring, I put the filets
>
> on the grill for 9 minutes, rotating them at the 3-minute mark, flipping
> at the 5-minute mark, then rotating them again at the 7-minute mark. I
> transferred
> them directly from the grill to a warm plate, then into hungry mouths.
> This
> was the best filet mignon I have ever eaten, and I have gad them quite a
> few times before. There are some key things I did that I think make a huge
>
> difference:
>
> - High, high heat the entire time. I normally use the "sear and dwell"
> technique,
> and this works well with some cuts. But for a filet, you just want a nice
> deep sear, no need to dwell.
>
> - Kosher salt, and lots of it. For some reason, kosher salt really helps
> on filets. Filets need the extra help since they tend to have such a mild
> flavor, and the kosher salt gives the crust an added "bite" that's really
> welcome. By the way, I am not one of those people who buys fancy salts.
> This
> is just Morton Salt out of a box.
>
> - No rest period. Filets don't need it, because they're very lean. Eating
> the steaks straight off the grill gives you the tremendous pleasure of
> eating
> it while it's absolutely piping hot.
>
> There you go. Easy and fantastic filet mignon.

Jeez, here you are and not getting dumped on by us old farts that
think we own this group. Thank you for presenting a fine point that
might otherwise have been lost.

You make yet another fine point. One needs to have his/her guest(s)
motivated to get to the table post haste lest the important dishes get
cold.

--
Brick (Paddling ever slower)