Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Lump charcoal in Everett area

I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to locate
lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around here. I'll
road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters from the
PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!
Brian

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB BOB is offline

Brian D. wrote:
:: I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to
locate
:: lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around
here. I'll
:: road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters
from the
:: PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!
:: Brian

Egg dealers usually stock BGE branded charcoal, made by Royal Oak.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

> I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to locate
>lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around here. I'll
>road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters from the
>PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!
> Brian

I've seen Lazarri (sp?) lump at the TruValue in Lake Stevens also at the
Cash and Carry in Everett.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

> I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to
> locate lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it
> around here. I'll road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of
> the posters from the PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!

Doitbest hardware stores carry Royal Oak lump. If the ones near you
don't have it in stock, they will probably order it for you. Stores
near Bellingham:

<http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.as...ion=search&pos
talCode=98225>

Here's the Doitbest order info for the charcoal.

<http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.aspx?PageID=64&SKU=800279>

Good luck.

Brian
won't shut up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Denny Wheeler > wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:39:25 GMT, "Brian D." >
> wrote:
>
> > I recently scored a Big Green Egg in Bellingham and am trying to locate
> >lump for it, Lowe's and Cowboy brand seem to be about it around here. I'll
> >road-trip to the Marysville/Everett area if some of the posters from the
> >PNW have some ideas for me. Thanks in advance!

> I live in Everett.
> Wal-Mart in Marysville has Royal Oak lump. Several Safeways and other
> stores in the area carry Lazzari (which is mesquite lump).

I sure am glad that some of you guys know where-the-hell Everett and
Marysville and Bellingham are and can advise the OP. I didn't have a
clue!

--
Stan Marks

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 05:39:28 -0600, Stan Marks
> > wrote:
>
>>I sure am glad that some of you guys know where-the-hell Everett and
>>Marysville and Bellingham are and can advise the OP. I didn't have a
>>clue!

> I suspect the OP figured anyone who'd have the info he wanted would be
> in the area and know the places.
>
> Northwestern Washington state, btw
>
> (Canada)
> ______________________
> Bellingham
>
> Mt. Vernon
>
> Marysville
> Everett X
> (X is Wenatchee)
> Seattle
>
> --
> -denny-
> "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
> unannounced?"
>
> "It's come as you are, baby."
>
> -over the hedge

Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" <insert smiley here>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

> Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
> critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" <insert smiley here>

I don't know about the lump, but we can sure send some cherry wood with you,
and fill your tummies.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

>Brian D. wrote:
>

>>Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
>>critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" <insert smiley here>
>>

>I don't know about the lump, but we can sure send some cherry wood with you,
>and fill your tummies.

Wish I'd made a pilgrimage over there before I had Lap Band surgery.
Filling me up now is way too easy.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JD wrote:

> Wish I'd made a pilgrimage over there before I had Lap Band surgery.
> Filling me up now is way too easy.

Hope all is going well post surgery. If you make it over sometime, I'll send
you home with enough to freeze and reheat for awhile.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

>JD wrote:
>

>>Wish I'd made a pilgrimage over there before I had Lap Band surgery.
>>Filling me up now is way too easy.
>>

>Hope all is going well post surgery. If you make it over sometime, I'll send
>you home with enough to freeze and reheat for awhile.

Is there going to be a gap between the close of your current location
and the opening of your new one? If so, how long? Too long and I'll
have to make it a point to get there before 6/30.

JD

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Brian D. wrote:
>
>> Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
>> critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" <insert smiley here>

> I don't know about the lump, but we can sure send some cherry wood with
> you, and fill your tummies.
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

I appreciate the offer, I'll take you up on that. Are mini-tours of your
restaurant available?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:48:12 GMT, "Brian D." >
> wrote:
>
>>Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
>>critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" <insert smiley here>

> Assuming you're thinking of a visit to Dave's BBQ, it's worth the
> trip. IDK if anyone there sells lump, but you could come back via
> Stevens Pass and swing by the Marysville WalMart on your way north.
> (it's right next to I-5, the first exit north of downtown Marysville)
>

> --
> -denny-
> "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
> unannounced?"
>
> "It's come as you are, baby."
>
> -over the hedge

A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
high school.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

>"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
.. .

>>On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:48:12 GMT, "Brian D." >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Wenatchee. Hmmm. A road trip with a destination! "Sir, can I get some
>>>critter goop to go, and a side of lump?" <insert smiley here>
>>>

>>Assuming you're thinking of a visit to Dave's BBQ, it's worth the
>>trip. IDK if anyone there sells lump, but you could come back via
>>Stevens Pass and swing by the Marysville WalMart on your way north.
>>(it's right next to I-5, the first exit north of downtown Marysville)
>>

>>--
>>-denny-
>>"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
>>unannounced?"
>>
>>"It's come as you are, baby."
>>
>>-over the hedge
>>

> A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
>Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
>at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
>high school.

Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JD wrote:

> Is there going to be a gap between the close of your current location
> and the opening of your new one? If so, how long? Too long and I'll
> have to make it a point to get there before 6/30.

As of today, we haven't been able to secure another location. The restaurant
space we thought would be coming up for sub-lease didn't pan out.... yet,
anyway. So, we are in limbo. We are hoping the new owner of our building
will be willing to extend our rental term beyond 6/30, but he ain't saying
yet.

Who says life ain't exciting?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian D. wrote:

> I appreciate the offer, I'll take you up on that. Are mini-tours
> of your restaurant available?

Sure enough :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

>JD wrote:
>

>>Is there going to be a gap between the close of your current location
>>and the opening of your new one? If so, how long? Too long and I'll
>>have to make it a point to get there before 6/30.
>>

>As of today, we haven't been able to secure another location. The restaurant
>space we thought would be coming up for sub-lease didn't pan out.... yet,
>anyway. So, we are in limbo. We are hoping the new owner of our building
>will be willing to extend our rental term beyond 6/30, but he ain't saying
>yet.
>
>Who says life ain't exciting?

Real estate agents nightmare; a client having to move out before they
nail down where they're going. I feel your pain brother.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JD wrote:

> Real estate agents nightmare; a client having to move out before they
> nail down where they're going. I feel your pain brother.

Heck, life would get boring if things were *to* predictable :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:59:07 GMT, JD > wrote:

>Brian D. wrote:
>
>>"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>Assuming you're thinking of a visit to Dave's BBQ, it's worth the
>>>trip. IDK if anyone there sells lump, but you could come back via
>>>Stevens Pass and swing by the Marysville WalMart on your way north.
>>>(it's right next to I-5, the first exit north of downtown Marysville)
>>>

>>>--
>>>-denny-
>>>"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth
>>>unannounced?"
>>>
>>>"It's come as you are, baby."
>>>
>>>-over the hedge
>>>

>> A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
>>Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
>>at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
>>high school.
>>

>Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
>*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
>and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.
>
>JD

Nearly gave up on finding good Q in Washington. I will drive up from
Olympia for a tasty hickory/pecan pit smoked rack or two. How are the
ribs at these two joints? St. Louis style or babyback? Is there a
cheap source of fruitwood chunks around there Dave? How do I get to
Dave's from I-90. When would be a good time for a tour?

Dave
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

dave wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:59:07 GMT, JD > wrote:
>

>>Brian D. wrote:

>>> A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
>>>Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
>>>at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
>>>high school.
>>>

>>Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
>>*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
>>and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.
>>
>>JD
>>

>Nearly gave up on finding good Q in Washington. I will drive up from
>Olympia for a tasty hickory/pecan pit smoked rack or two. How are the
>ribs at these two joints? St. Louis style or babyback? Is there a
>cheap source of fruitwood chunks around there Dave? How do I get to
>Dave's from I-90. When would be a good time for a tour?
>
>Dave

Have you tried The Ranch House on Kennedy Creek Rd? I haven't but it's
run by the mother/daughters team that took 7th overall at the Jack
Daniels invitational, 1st in pulled pork. How bad could it be? I've
judged their comp Q and it was worth eating, surely better than a trip
to Burger King or worse yet total Q deprivation. Have you tried Smokin'
Pete's, Ace BBQ or RedTop? Inquiring minds want to know.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:59:07 GMT, JD > wrote:
>
>(Brian)
>

>>> A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
>>>Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
>>>at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
>>>high school.
>>>

>>Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
>>*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
>>and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.
>>

>Brian's route is the one I took late last summer when I went to
>Dave's. I saw Double Barrel, but (a) was short on time due to the
>hours at the place the dog was boarded, and (b) no clue if it was any
>good. Now I know, so when I get up that way, I'll likely check it
>out. There's a BBQ joint on Evergreen Way here in Everett, about 3
>miles north of me ("Big Bam's BBQ") I've been thinking of trying.
>(anyone ever eat there?)

I did. It was much less than inspiring. Somebody told me Mo's on Hewitt
has improved but since they grossed me out from the gitgo I haven't been
back. SInce you're a local, have you been to Bodacious BBQ in Granite
falls? Excellent.

JD

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

dave wrote:

> Nearly gave up on finding good Q in Washington. I will drive up from
> Olympia for a tasty hickory/pecan pit smoked rack or two. How are the
> ribs at these two joints? St. Louis style or babyback?

At my place, we don't do either. We do untrimmed spareribs.

> Is there a
> cheap source of fruitwood chunks around there Dave?

Sure, mostly logs and other trimmings.

> How do I get to
> Dave's from I-90. When would be a good time for a tour?

I would suggest going to Mapquest and using 1010 Crescent Street, Wenatchee
98801 as the destination. This will give you a good map

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:52:53 GMT, JD > wrote:
>

>>>There's a BBQ joint on Evergreen Way here in Everett, about 3
>>>miles north of me ("Big Bam's BBQ") I've been thinking of trying.
>>>(anyone ever eat there?)
>>>

>>I did. It was much less than inspiring. Somebody told me Mo's on Hewitt
>>has improved but since they grossed me out from the gitgo I haven't been
>>back. SInce you're a local, have you been to Bodacious BBQ in Granite
>>falls? Excellent.
>>

>Never get over that way, but I might make a trip. Heck, I still need
>to check out the Armadill(d)o in Woodinville.
>
>And thanks for the info re Big Bam's. I saw in one thing Google
>turned up, 'many Cajun-style dishes'--this lowered my interest level
>very quickly.

De nada. Armadillo closed it's restaurant back in 2004 but they still
do catering and apparently have a walk-up window at there catering
kitchen. I always thought the restaurant was more about showmanship than
great Q when the restaurant was open but I went to an event they catered
and was more suitably impressed. http://www.armadillobbq.com/
The Cajun at Big Bam's didn't impress me either, jambalaya that tasted
like a loose translation by Campbell's Soup. Ho Hum. With Alligator Soul
in town I'd think that anybody else trying to do Cajun would at least
try to come close before they embarrassed themselves so badly.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:48:53 GMT, JD > wrote:

>dave wrote:

m...

>>>Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
>>>*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
>>>and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.
>>>
>>>JD
>>>

>>Nearly gave up on finding good Q in Washington. I will drive up from
>>Olympia for a tasty hickory/pecan pit smoked rack or two. How are the
>>ribs at these two joints? St. Louis style or babyback? Is there a
>>cheap source of fruitwood chunks around there Dave? How do I get to
>>Dave's from I-90. When would be a good time for a tour?
>>
>>Dave
>>

>Have you tried The Ranch House on Kennedy Creek Rd? I haven't but it's
>run by the mother/daughters team that took 7th overall at the Jack
>Daniels invitational, 1st in pulled pork. How bad could it be? I've
>judged their comp Q and it was worth eating, surely better than a trip
>to Burger King or worse yet total Q deprivation. Have you tried Smokin'
>Pete's, Ace BBQ or RedTop? Inquiring minds want to know.
>
>JD

No, but I will look into them. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions.
I'll let you know if I find a winner. Ranch House is really close so I
may give that place a whirl this week.

Dave
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:17:48 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>dave wrote:
>
>> Nearly gave up on finding good Q in Washington. I will drive up from
>> Olympia for a tasty hickory/pecan pit smoked rack or two. How are the
>> ribs at these two joints? St. Louis style or babyback?

>At my place, we don't do either. We do untrimmed spareribs.
>
>> Is there a
>> cheap source of fruitwood chunks around there Dave?

>Sure, mostly logs and other trimmings.
>
>> How do I get to
>> Dave's from I-90. When would be a good time for a tour?

>I would suggest going to Mapquest and using 1010 Crescent Street, Wenatchee
>98801 as the destination. This will give you a good map

Thanks for the response. I will try to work in a side trip or two on
my trip to Billings this year.

Dave
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:59:04 -0800, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:33:54 GMT, dave > wrote:
>
>> How do I get to Dave's from I-90.

>My suggestion: I-90 to the cutoff for Blewett Pass (US 97); that'll
>take you to Highway 2; follow that down to Wenatchee. Dave's is in
>the eastern part of town, just south of the river.
>(I know the route *I* took from Hwy 2 and it worked a treat--but I'm
>not sure I can describe it. For once my memory and the map coincided
>with reality)
>
>If you follow 90 down to George, then go north, you'll go WAY farther
>than using Blewett.

Thanks.

Dave

lump charcoal options/sources in Atlanta, Georgia area? Woogeroo Barbecue 3 21-06-2007 06:07 PM
Lump charcoal VS Charcoal briquettes ken ullman Barbecue 40 22-08-2005 08:44 PM
lump charcoal fishman99 Barbecue 17 30-06-2005 09:52 AM
Big Lump In Lump Charcoal Pierre Barbecue 8 11-07-2004 05:38 PM
Lump Charcoal Paull Barbecue 6 11-07-2004 04:56 PM