Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Tony Roma

Well I have to confuse that wife and I went to Tony Roma's in Pineville,
NC tonight. I knew it was a bad idea but I went anyway. $20 was what
they wanted for slab (Laugh! Slab! Laugh!)(tiny, tiny bones with meat in
between, I just don't see what some of you guys get off on baby backs
for, just don't get it at all) I've crapped out bigger slabs than that!

I just couldn't go through with the ribs so I got chicken, which was
tasteless except for the burned (Oh, I mean charred) skin and sauce. The
coleslaw had no taste, the string fry's were cold and hard. And the
place was packed! Had to wait, (heaven help me for being so stupid), 35
minutes.

I figured most of those other folks spent their lives eating McDonalds,
Campbell's soups, and kraft food products that come in a box! And, don't
know squat about real food.

--
Regards,

Piedmont

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

..I'm in Florida so at this time of year all the local "choke and pukes"
are packed full. Went to Durangos steak house....As I walked in I saw
the magic chef BBQ ribs on the grill and throwing a mass amount
seasoning like he was fertilizing the lawn. Oh oh...I'll take the
skewered shrimp. Wrong choice again. They looked and tasted like MSG,
Garlic powder, and soy sauce were cooked for a week. Any how the check
for two was 42.00. At that point I think of all the food I could have
bought at the local market. The ribs were so heavily salted with
seasoning we left them. Yet the place was jammed with happy people
enjoying the food. I guess people endure that crap just not to cook or
prepare a meal.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hello Dr. Vinny Boom-Baatz,

> salted with seasoning we left them. Yet the place was jammed with
> happy people enjoying the food. I guess people endure that crap just
> not to cook or prepare a meal.

In a world that produced the McRib, I'd say that many people have been socialized
to eat anything that's placed in front of them, as long as it has plenty
of fat, sugar, salt, and MSG.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hal Burton wrote:
> Hello Dr. Vinny Boom-Baatz,
>
>> salted with seasoning we left them. Yet the place was jammed with
>> happy people enjoying the food. I guess people endure that crap just
>> not to cook or prepare a meal.

> In a world that produced the McRib, I'd say that many people have been
> socialized to eat anything that's placed in front of them, as long as it
> has plenty of fat, sugar, salt, and MSG.

Y'all need to leave your reviews at www.citysearch.com for these places.
It's a great site, but not enough people use it. I review there
occasionally, and frequently use it for restaurant ideas when I go to a
new town.

--
Greetings from the Hog and Hominy State!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

> Well I have to confuse that wife and I went to Tony Roma's in
> Pineville, NC tonight.

Well, shoot, folks have to know what the bottom of the barrel is like before
they can go back to appreciating the real stuff :-) You're a brave man,
Mike.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hal Burton wrote:
> Hello Dr. Vinny Boom-Baatz,

snip

> In a world that produced the McRib, I'd say that many people have been
> socialized to eat anything that's placed in front of them, as long as it
> has plenty of fat, sugar, salt, and MSG.

As long as the fat was placed there by the natural biological process,
then I'm all for it. I agree with you on sugar, too many sauce's tastes
like candy now a days.

I used to follow the recipe on the corn meal boxes which called for
sugar in the cornbread ingredients, my wife makes it without, hers
tastes much better.