FoodBanter.com

-   -   Man this group is dead... (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/85454-man-group-dead.html)

Pete C. 11-03-2006 04:44 PM

Man this group is dead...

Somebody 'Q something dammit!

FWIW I did a rack of ribs last night for dinner. Used a combination of
Walkerswood Jerk BBQ sauce and some additional Walkerswood Jerk
seasoning to make it hotter. Smoked for a few hours with a bit of
mesquite smoke. Came out very good, will be reheating the remaining half
rack for lunch.

Pete C.

Steve Calvin 11-03-2006 09:26 PM

Man this group is dead...

Pete C. wrote:
> Somebody 'Q something dammit!
>
> FWIW I did a rack of ribs last night for dinner. Used a combination of
> Walkerswood Jerk BBQ sauce and some additional Walkerswood Jerk
> seasoning to make it hotter. Smoked for a few hours with a bit of
> mesquite smoke. Came out very good, will be reheating the remaining half
> rack for lunch.
>
> Pete C.

Got two racks on the WSM now if that counts. S&P only. Sauce
will be on the side if anyone wants it. Also, home made
black bean soup and salads to go with them are ready.

Just lettin' the ribs hang out for a couple more hours.

--
Steve
An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. (I think I know

Pete C. 11-03-2006 11:20 PM

Man this group is dead...

2fatbbq wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message
> > Somebody 'Q something dammit!
> >
> > FWIW I did a rack of ribs last night for dinner. Used a combination of
> > Walkerswood Jerk BBQ sauce and some additional Walkerswood Jerk
> > seasoning to make it hotter. Smoked for a few hours with a bit of
> > mesquite smoke. Came out very good, will be reheating the remaining half
> > rack for lunch.
> >

> Not sure about your definition of "very good"---couldn't have been too good
> iffen there were leftovers<BFG>
> FWIW think that WW stuff is pretty tasty--never tried it on ribs--usually
> just pork tenderloins
>
> Buzz

There were only leftovers because I got impatient and had a snack while
waiting for the ribs.

Pete C.

Tom Puskar 12-03-2006 03:04 PM

Man this group is dead...

Also did a rack of ribs yesterday as it was 65 here in NJ. Came out
great--no leftovers at all!

Would like that recipe for black bean soup. Would make a great addition
when I do the butt next weekend.

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

Steve Calvin 12-03-2006 05:34 PM

Black Bean Soup for Tom. Was: Man this group is dead...

Tom Puskar wrote:
> Also did a rack of ribs yesterday as it was 65 here in NJ. Came out
> great--no leftovers at all!
>
> Would like that recipe for black bean soup. Would make a great addition
> when I do the butt next weekend.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom in Howell, NJ

Tom,
Well, I kinda cheated but it came out great. I don't follow
any recipes when I cook. I just put in what seems right to
me. I'll try and give an idea though.

I used canned black beans 'cause I didn't think of it enough
ahead of time to do my own.

Diced (small dice) 1 medium onion and 3 cloves of garlic
Sauteed them for a couple minutes in a sauce pan (not long)
added 3 can's of beans and did *not* drain them
Added 1 can of College Inn Vegetable stock to start with
Pinch of sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
red pepper - adjust to the heat level you want. I kept mine
rather mild. Just a little after-bite kind of thing.
sprinkle of cumin (careful here, cumin can quickly
overpower)

Cooked on low, stirring frequently. Added more veggie
stock to get the consistency I was after. Not thick, but not
watery either. Not real sure how to describe it. If it looks
too thick, add more veggie stock. You can do it with
chicken stock too but the vegetable gives it much better
flavor. IMO.

About 10 minutes before I was ready to serve I threw in
about a 1/2 handful of fresh chopped parsley.

Between the 3 of us there were no leftovers of anything.

Sorry I can't be more explicit but it should give you enough
to go on. Very simple and I've never served it to anyone who
didn't like it. Some added more red pepper for more heat but
not many. If in doubt, taste it periodically and adjust to
your tastes.

The ribs came out fantastic. Took about 2:45 at 250dF. Very
nice bark and flavor.