Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Angela

Default barbeque

I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
questions and recipes.
I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.

Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
Phillip.

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Angela

Sorry about the Angela thing - posted it from my wife's computer...
This is so me... :~)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net
"Angela" > wrote in message
>I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
>questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip
> www.bbqforums.net

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB

Angela wrote:
> I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
> questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to
> the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you
> think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip
> www.***.net

There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
picture posting capibilities.
Why try to re-invent the wheel?

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin

BOB wrote:
> Angela wrote:
>
>>I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
>>questions and recipes.
>>I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to
>>the
>>recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
>>I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you
>>think.
>>
>>Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
>>Phillip.
>>
>>--
>>Phillip
>>www.***.net

> There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
> Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
> Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
> brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
> picture posting capibilities.
> Why try to re-invent the wheel?
>
> BOB

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this
place?

--
Steve

Politicians and diapers both need to be changed... and for
the same reason.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB

Steve Calvin wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> Angela wrote:
>>
>>> I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on
>>> barbeque
>>> questions and recipes.
>>> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next
>>> the
>>> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
>>> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you
>>> think.
>>>
>>> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
>>> Phillip.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Phillip
>>> www.***.net

>> There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
>> Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the
>> virtual
>> Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
>> brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have
>> the
>> picture hosting capabilities.
>> Why try to re-invent the wheel?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this
> place?

LOL! That, too! Post the pictures in alt.food.bbq!

BOB
(and that was supposed to be "picture hosting capabilities" (now
corrected!))

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

BOB wrote:

> There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
> Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
> Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
> brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
> picture posting capibilities.
> Why try to re-invent the wheel?

Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.

There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
per year that it's not funny.

Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
nancree

Angela
Please see "alt.food.barbecue", among other barbecue sites already up
and going.

Regards,
Nancree

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bubba

Angela wrote:
> I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
> questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.

That is one fine looking NY Strip, cooked medium rare!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Edwin Pawlowski

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> I have yet to meat a web-interface for forum discussions that I'd
> actually use.

Nice pun

Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Indo Ruwet

I am amazed how many people still confuse True BBQ and Grilling.
I guess 90 percent Grill and the rest do a true BBQ.
If I am short on time, I grill (90 percent of the time).

"Angela" > wrote in message
>I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
>questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip
> www.bbqforums.net

Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Angela

Hi Nancree,
Truth to say I was not aware of the other bbq forums.
Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will supply with good bbq
information.
There are already some nicve posts there.

p.s.
Angela is my wife, my name is Phillip :-)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net
"nancree" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Angela
> Please see "alt.food.barbecue", among other barbecue sites already up
> and going.
>
> Regards,
> Nancree

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Angela

> I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this place?

I think it's just another nice place where you can post and read other's
posts.
Besides you can add images to posts which is nice (specially when you posts
reciepes...)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Angela

> Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
> toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
> really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.
>
> There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
> per year that it's not funny.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will have useful
information and good reciepes.

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Angela

"Bubba" > wrote in message

> That is one fine looking NY Strip, cooked medium rare!

Thanks Bubba! :~)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

Angela wrote:

>>Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
>>toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
>>really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.
>>
>>There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
>>per year that it's not funny.
>>

> Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will have useful
> information and good reciepes.

Me too. Good luck with it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Matthew L. Martin

Steve Calvin wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>
>> Angela wrote:
>>
>>> I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
>>> questions and recipes.
>>> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
>>> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
>>> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
>>>
>>> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
>>> Phillip.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Phillip
>>> www.***.net

>> There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
>> Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
>> Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
>> brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
>> picture posting capibilities.
>> Why try to re-invent the wheel?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this place?

Have you been reading this ng recently? The SNR has hit an all time low.

Matthew

--
What if you arrived at the fountain of youth, only to find dead toddlers
floating in the pond? -- John O on AFB
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:13:16 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>

>>Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
>>toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
>>really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.
>>
>>There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
>>per year that it's not funny.

> I have yet to meat a web-interface for forum discussions that I'd
> actually use.

I have to agree. I'm working on a project developing
a thin client based threaded discussion group. Everyone
on the design team is pretty unimpressed with html based
implementations. All of them we've ever seen.

It's likely that we'll do it in client side java. That
presents it's own challenges, but at least it won't have
one of those klunky, html based UI's.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

>> I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this place?
>>

> Have you been reading this ng recently? The SNR has hit an all time low.
>
> Matthew

That's why getting some people in here who actually WANT to
keep it mostly on topic would be good, no?
--
Steve

Politicians and diapers both need to be changed... and for
the same reason.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>

>>> I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this place?
>>>

>> Have you been reading this ng recently? The SNR has hit an all time low.
>>
>> Matthew
>>

> That's why getting some people in here who actually WANT to keep it
> mostly on topic would be good, no?

I haven't noticed any off-topic posts here lately. The only
one I see is marked WAY OT.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin

Reg wrote:
good, no?

> I haven't noticed any off-topic posts here lately. The only
> one I see is marked WAY OT.

Well, at least I was up front about it. ;-D

You obviously haven't followed many of the threads to
conclusion.

--
Steve

Politicians and diapers both need to be changed... and for
the same reason.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg

Angela wrote:

> Besides you can add images to posts which is nice (specially when you
> posts reciepes...)

Not here.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Reg wrote:
> good, no?
>

>> I haven't noticed any off-topic posts here lately. The only
>> one I see is marked WAY OT.
>>

> Well, at least I was up front about it. ;-D
>
> You obviously haven't followed many of the threads to conclusion.

Right. We'll all try and do better for you.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Denny Wheeler

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:36:10 +0200, "Angela"
> wrote:

>p.s.
>Angela is my wife, my name is Phillip :-)

Then why don't you set up a posting acct with your name, or put both
on this one? Kind of unclear that a post which says 'from Angela' is
from Phillip.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Why, Dave?

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Angela wrote:
>
>> Besides you can add images to posts which is nice (specially when you
>> posts reciepes...)

> Not here.
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:06:38 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

<moved to the bottom where it belongs>

>"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Angela wrote:
>>
>>> Besides you can add images to posts which is nice (specially when you
>>> posts reciepes...)

>> Not here.
>>

>Why, Dave?

Well, HAL, since you asked:

Because the word "binaries" doesn't appear in "alt.food.barbecue."

Posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking

"Angela" > wrote in message
>I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
>questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip
> www.bbqforums.net

Great idea. I usually cook outside at least 6 months out of the year & am
always on the lookout for new ideas. BTW is the topic "Vagies" for people
like Ed Gehn? )

--
If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits
on the highway

barbeque? Silvyu Asian Cooking 0 05-11-2011 04:21 PM
My Barbeque Rub Wayne Boatwright[_3_] General Cooking 24 06-07-2008 05:19 AM
ENC vs WNC Barbeque Guv Bob Barbecue 9 30-09-2007 05:00 PM
Barbeque biig General Cooking 45 04-07-2006 07:13 AM
barbeque Angela General Cooking 12 06-02-2006 06:48 PM