Old 23-01-2006, 10:31 PM posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Angela

Default barbeque

I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
questions and recipes.
I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.

Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
Phillip.

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Old 23-01-2006, 10:33 PM posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Angela

Sorry about the Angela thing - posted it from my wife's computer...
This is so me... :~)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Old 23-01-2006, 10:59 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB

Angela wrote:
I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
questions and recipes.
I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to
the
recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you
think.

Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
Phillip.

--
Phillip
www.***.net

There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
picture posting capibilities.
Why try to re-invent the wheel?

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Old 23-01-2006, 11:02 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin

BOB wrote:
Angela wrote:

[...]

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this
place?

--
Steve

Politicians and diapers both need to be changed... and for
the same reason.
Old 23-01-2006, 11:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB

Steve Calvin wrote:
BOB wrote:
Angela wrote:

[...]

picture hosting capabilities.
Why try to re-invent the wheel?

BOB

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this
place?

LOL! That, too! Post the pictures in alt.food.bbq!

BOB
(and that was supposed to be "picture hosting capabilities" (now
corrected!))

Old 23-01-2006, 11:13 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

BOB wrote:

There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
picture posting capibilities.
Why try to re-invent the wheel?

Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.

There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
per year that it's not funny.

Old 24-01-2006, 12:47 AM posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
nancree

Angela
Please see "alt.food.barbecue", among other barbecue sites already up
and going.

Regards,
Nancree

Old 24-01-2006, 01:35 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bubba

Angela wrote:
I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
questions and recipes.
I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.

Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
Phillip.

That is one fine looking NY Strip, cooked medium rare!
Old 24-01-2006, 02:44 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Edwin Pawlowski

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message

I have yet to meat a web-interface for forum discussions that I'd
actually use.

Nice pun

Old 24-01-2006, 03:34 PM posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Indo Ruwet

I am amazed how many people still confuse True BBQ and Grilling.
I guess 90 percent Grill and the rest do a true BBQ.
If I am short on time, I grill (90 percent of the time).

Old 24-01-2006, 04:36 PM posted to alt.cooking-chat,alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.barbeque,rec.food.cooking
Angela

Hi Nancree,
Truth to say I was not aware of the other bbq forums.
Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will supply with good bbq
information.
There are already some nicve posts there.

p.s.
Angela is my wife, my name is Phillip :-)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net
oups.com...

Old 24-01-2006, 04:42 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Angela

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with just using this place?

I think it's just another nice place where you can post and read other's
posts.
Besides you can add images to posts which is nice (specially when you posts
reciepes...)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Old 24-01-2006, 04:45 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Angela

Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.

There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
per year that it's not funny.

Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will have useful
information and good reciepes.

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Old 24-01-2006, 04:46 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Angela

"Bubba" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s21...

That is one fine looking NY Strip, cooked medium rare!

Thanks Bubba! :~)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Old 24-01-2006, 07:59 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg

Angela wrote:

Exactly. The natural progression of things has been
toward consolidation. A forum would have to offer something
really unique or specialized to get any kind of traffic.

There are so many forums around now that get 20 posts
per year that it's not funny.

Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will have useful
information and good reciepes.

Me too. Good luck with it.

barbeque? Silvyu Asian Cooking 0 05-11-2011 05:21 PM
My Barbeque Rub Wayne Boatwright[_3_] General Cooking 24 06-07-2008 05:19 AM
ENC vs WNC Barbeque Guv Bob Barbecue 9 30-09-2007 05:00 PM
Barbeque biig General Cooking 45 04-07-2006 07:13 AM
barbeque Angela General Cooking 12 06-02-2006 07:48 PM