Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber versus Lowe's brand gas grills

wrote:
> I got a $100 gift certificate to Lowe's for Christmas and am thinking
> of applying it to a gas grill.
>
> I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate your opinions.
>
> The Weber Silver Genesis grill they had was $399. The salesman said
> that their knockoff of the Weber had a larger cooking surface and cost
> only $167.
>
> I could have sworn I had seen the Weber Genesis grills for more like
> $250 at Lowe's. Doesn't that sound high? Anyway, it is hard to
> imagine the Weber version being twice as good. I know Weber is great
> about replacing broken parts, but Lowe's probably isn't that bad
> either.
>
> The salesman said consumer reports rates the Lowe's brand grill a best
> buy, but I didn't check it.
>
> Lastly, I've never purchased a propane cylinder before. It looked like
> the one at Lowe's, with gas in it, was $47. Is there a better way to
> go?
>
> Lastly, is there a point of getting two cylinders or do you think the
> one comes with a gauge.
>
> I'll probably just get the cheaper grill with one cylinder for now, but
> I thought I would run it by you guys.
>
> - Bobby

Spend the extra money on the Weber you wont be disappointed.
Mines 7yrs old and has never been covered, My dad has one thats
has to be close to 20yrs old and they both look like new.
I think the old man has replaced his flavor bars once, other than that just normal cleaning.
I keep 4 20lb tanks around. When I put the last one on the other 3 get filled, Nothing worse
than 10pm on a Sat. Your guests are getting hungry again and you run out of gas